The Official Training Camp Thread (Warning, Post #310)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I just watched the RAW interviews on Canucks.com

These media guys are brutal. They keep asking what it will be like that Willie won't be there. Come up with some good questions. Just same dry garbage.

Willie will definitely be watching, he doesn't need to be on the ice calling drills.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
who will be the assistant captains with the departure of kb3. ? sutter?hamuis? horvat? one of the new guys?

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
who will be the assistant captains with the departure of kb3. ? sutter?hamuis? horvat? one of the new guys?

C - Henrik
A - Daniel
A - Sutter

I want Hamhuis to have it, but seeing how Benning won't be re-signing him, I don't think they'll give it to him. Meanwhile, Sutter is a core piece for the Canucks, as much as fans like it or not. He's signed for an additional 4 years and will lead the new group of Horvat, Virtanen, Cassels, and Shinkaruk.

We're already hearing Horvat acknowledging how good of a 2-way guy Sutter is and how he 'looks up' to his play. Sutter hasn't even played a game yet and the kids are already buying in.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
C - Henrik
A - Daniel
A - Sutter

I want Hamhuis to have it, but seeing how Benning won't be re-signing him, I don't think they'll give it to him. Meanwhile, Sutter is a core piece for the Canucks, as much as fans like it or not. He's signed for an additional 4 years and will lead the new group of Horvat, Virtanen, Cassels, and Shinkaruk.

We're already hearing Horvat acknowledging how good of a 2-way guy Sutter is and how he 'looks up' to his play. Sutter hasn't even played a game yet and the kids are already buying in.

And how do you know that?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Methinks the A's will go to Daniel, Burrows, Hamhuis for sure. Kind of anybody's game for a fourth. The Canucks have usually rolled with two at home and two different ones on the road.

I wonder if Virtanen gets tried with the Twins at all in camp? Right handed trigger man who goes to the scoring areas.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Whistle was cut already ? That sucks
Be nice if we could sign him as I've liked him

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Looking forward to seeing the line combinations, especially as preseason continues. They said they would try some different lines this time around so I'm hoping for some experimentation.

You know, Virtanen with the twins, Horvat with Vrbata/Baertschi, Vey.... on the bench. ;)

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Whistle was cut already ? That sucks
Be nice if we could sign him as I've liked him

I'd imagine he'd get some sorta offer. He was very good in that tourney.
Maybe we don't have the space, maybe we're just dumb.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
First line combos of the year!

This is the first Tweet of the whole day, so not sure if Burrows isn't on the ice, or if they are subbing guys in and out. Also, really can't see Linden Vey being a successful fourth line center/grinder. Scoring role or bust for him, IMO. (unless he has somehow developed prodigious defensive talents over the summer)

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
First line combos of the year!

This is the first Tweet of the whole day, so not sure if Burrows isn't on the ice, or if they are subbing guys in and out.

Team Blue

Baertschi/Sutter/Vrbata
Higgins/Horvat/Hansen
Gaunce/Cracknell/Grenier
Kurtz/Jones/Jensen
Bancks/Hamilton/Zhukenov
Stewart

Edler/Tanev
Bartkowski/Sbisa
Pedan/Biega
Negrin/Neill
Sautner/McEneny

Miller, Bachman & Witt

Team White

Sedin/Sedin/Kenins
Prust/Vey/Dorsett
Burrows/Cassels/Virtanen
Shinkaruk/McCann/Zalewski
LaBate/Friesen/Fox
Pettit

Hamhuis/Weber
Hutton/Corrado
Cederholm/Fedun
Brisebois/Subban
Olson/Ehrhardt

Markstrom & Cannata

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I'd imagine he'd get some sorta offer. He was very good in that tourney.
Maybe we don't have the space, maybe we're just dumb.
Maybe Jackson Whistle the person is looking to get a better offer from a team than being sent to the ECHL?

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

8EhQ1ob.png

hARoPM8.png

god help us

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Maybe Jackson Whistle the person is looking to get a better offer from a team than being sent to the ECHL?

That's a good point.
But I'd think he'd rather go through training camp with a pro team to garner more offers.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Ew Sutter with Vrbata. Makes complete sense to put the centre with 3 primary assists with our leading goal scorer. And that fourth line is actually happening.. Hopefully this is all temporary and they throw those lines in a meat grinder.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Also, really can't see Linden Vey being a successful fourth line center/grinder. Scoring role or bust for him, IMO. (unless he has somehow developed prodigious defensive talents over the summer)

Yeah I don't see it either. Thought he looked better on the wing and surprised we haven't brought in a 4th line centre or at least handed out a PTO to someone that plays centre. Stephen Weiss for example. Top 3 are serviceable, but Vey as the 4th line centre is not going to work out well for anyone in my opinion.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Ew Sutter with Vrbata. Makes complete sense to put the centre with 3 primary assists with our leading goal scorer. And that fourth line is actually happening.. Hopefully this is all temporary and they throw those lines in a meat grinder.

It's the first day of camp, they're going to look at everything.

Realistically though they are going to give Sutter every chance to run with the 2nd line centre spot and that means he needs to fit with either Burrows or Vrbata RW. You can expect him to be tried with both throughout camp/preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad