OT: The official trade proposal thread. Put em all here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I'll take the Tyler Myers deal but way over payment for Kessler. I don't know if I'd trade Soderberg for Kessler even straight up. Soderberg is very Cap friendly and I think we'll see more out of him while I think we've already seen the best of Kessler.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Here we go

Yeah, I want a former Calder winner who`s development and impact on the game has been minimal at best

The other is a much hated figure here who loves to dive, effective forward when healthy, the problem is he is increasingly injured and we don`t require another centerman

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What does it give Winnipeg?

I actually think a team like the Jets would welcome a defensively responsible vet with Cup ring/experience but still....not for Buff

Kelly gets hammered here but I`d bet there are/would be more than one team interested in acquiring the services of a proven winner and a guy who won`t be overwhelmed by playoff action

I have to be honest, I think Buff is his happiest when he`s permitted to do whatever the he** he wants on the ice....sure doesn`t sound like a Bruin to me

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
If I may, just to correct your cap calculations

1)Seidenberg`s LTIR is $1,783,369.00 not his complete salary because he wasn`t on LTIR the whole season.

2) You forgot to count Seidenberg`s cap hit because (even though on LTIR) it still counts against the cap.

3) Marc Savard`s cap hit (see number 2)

4) Cap hits for Spooner, Fraser, Johnson, Worsofsky, Trotman, Florek, Svedberg, Lindblad and Koko, who have all spent time on the roster.

It doesn`t come anywhere close to fitting under the cap

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

1)Seidenberg`s LTIR is $1,783,369.00 not his complete salary because he wasn`t on LTIR the whole season.

2) You forgot to count Seidenberg`s cap hit because (even though on LTIR) it still counts against the cap.

4) Cap hits for Spooner, Fraser, Johnson, Worsofsky, Trotman, Florek, Svedberg, Lindblad and Koko, who have all spent time on the roster.

so what you're saying is if he ALSO trades Krug for Shea Weber, we can do this!

:handclap::handclap::yo::yo:

AgentWebster

Jul 7, 2013
Raleigh, NC

I'm not a genius by any means when it comes to the Cap that's why I use CapGeek and they said it fits so please tell me the correct cap hit with all about then.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Haha. YES !!

I`m sure if I spent my time and figured out that only part of those cap hits would be coming back to Boston (and not the full cap hit), it still wouldn`t fit under the cap.

Not sure I want to spend my time trying to figure it out ;)

In all seriousness Dom, and because I'm sure OP is a nice person and I'm being harsh (but I'm a bit tired of the crazy proposal thread), do you know ballpark what our cap space is factoring in the corrections you made? Real ballpark, I don't need it to be that close. Just curious what we're looking at as a possible player, assuming we couldn't send any money back. Thanks man

member 96824

In all seriousness Dom, and because I'm sure OP is a nice person and I'm being harsh (but I'm a bit tired of the crazy proposal thread), do you know ballpark what our cap space is factoring in the corrections you made? Real ballpark, I don't need it to be that close. Just curious what we're looking at as a possible player, assuming we couldn't send any money back. Thanks man

4.5ish

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Wow, if it's anything over 4, then there's certainly room for not 1, but 2 UFA's. For obvious reasons, nobody decent with term is going to fit.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I can tell you exactly to the penny what it is.

$4,069,374

OR

$3,160,207

The difference is this: If you want to gamble that Krug and Hamilton don`t earn their bonuses and Iginla doesn`t earn his remaining bonuses then its $4,069,374. If they do, and it HAS TO fit under the cap this year because it exceeds the bonus cushion then its $3,160,207

Now, there is a difference of $19,793 between my number and capgeeks. The difference I believe is that cap geek is not calculating the remaining space the Bruins had before placing Marc Savard on LTIR. That remaining space comes off of the LTIR exemption

AgentWebster

Jul 7, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Here we go

Yeah, I want a former Calder winner who`s development and impact on the game has been minimal at best

The other is a much hated figure here who loves to dive, effective forward when healthy, the problem is he is increasingly injured and we don`t require another centerman

As far as Myers goes he would be great with Chara and Boston is a defensive system he would thrive in the system.

Kesler Yes, there are injury concerns when dealing for a guy who plays the way Kesler plays, but we also saw during the Olympics that he’s an absolute warrior; even if he’s hurt, he’s out there contributing in the biggest moments. Simply put, having him available at this time of year is a game-changer.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I blame the video games. Turning our young minds into mush.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I actually think a team like the Jets would welcome a defensively responsible vet with Cup ring/experience but still....not for Buff

Kelly gets hammered here but I`d bet there are/would be more than one team interested in acquiring the services of a proven winner and a guy who won`t be overwhelmed by playoff action

I have to be honest, I think Buff is his happiest when he`s permitted to do whatever the he** he wants on the ice....sure doesn`t sound like a Bruin to me

I like Kelly but they have no reason to trade for him. Sure, they would welcome him for free but that's about it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
As far as Myers goes he would be great with Chara and Boston is a defensive system he would thrive in the system.

Kesler Yes, there are injury concerns when dealing for a guy who plays the way Kesler plays, but we also saw during the Olympics that he’s an absolute warrior; even if he’s hurt, he’s out there contributing in the biggest moments. Simply put, having him available at this time of year is a game-changer.

I see little in Myers game that tells me he`d thrive under Julien and his system, I don`t see any element he`d bring to this team that they don`t already have

Not arguing Kesler`s "warrior" play, but can`t ignore the fact he cannot stay healthy

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm not a genius by any means when it comes to the Cap that's why I use CapGeek and they said it fits so please tell me the correct cap hit with all about then.

Your not including cap hits of players that have spent in Boston (those I mentioned)

Your also just subtracting Seidenberg and Savard because they are injured, but their salary still has to count. Not to mention you missed Kelly`s LTIR.

In all seriousness, I`d love to help you out, but it would take me the rest of the day to type out how it works in laymens terms for anyone.

I don`t mean to sound rude, honestly I don`t, but the calculations you did would be for the start of the season, not 3 quarters of the way thru.

Maybe this will help you here http://cdn.agilitycms.com/nhlpacom/PDF/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I can tell you exactly to the penny what it is.

$4,069,374

OR

$3,160,207

The difference is this: If you want to gamble that Krug and Hamilton don`t earn their bonuses and Iginla doesn`t earn his remaining bonuses then its $4,069,374. If they do, and it HAS TO fit under the cap this year because it exceeds the bonus cushion then its $3,160,207

Now, there is a difference of $19,793 between my number and capgeeks. The difference I believe is that cap geek is not calculating the remaining space the Bruins had before placing Marc Savard on LTIR. That remaining space comes off of the LTIR exemption

Ya by all accounts it looks like Krug and Iggy are locks to hit theirs. Not sure about Hamilton. Ok so 3m. Still enough for specifically what we need in that UFA market. We need that in a sticky on this page, so that we can stop with any thread that proposed to take on anyone with term left on a deal.

AgentWebster

Jul 7, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Your not including cap hits of players that have spent in Boston (those I mentioned)

Your also just subtracting Seidenberg and Savard because they are injured, but their salary still has to count. Not to mention you missed Kelly`s LTIR.

In all seriousness, I`d love to help you out, but it would take me the rest of the day to type out how it works in laymens terms for anyone.

I don`t mean to sound rude, honestly I don`t, but the calculations you did would be for the start of the season, not 3 quarters of the way thru.

Maybe this will help you here http://cdn.agilitycms.com/nhlpacom/PDF/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

It's all good no worries I'm just trying to figure it out and I hear what your saying about subtracting Seidenberg but if a player starts and ends the season on the LTIR and never plays a game durning that season like Savard why would he even count against the the cap?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It's all good no worries I'm just trying to figure it out and I hear what your saying about subtracting Seidenberg but if a player starts and ends the season on the LTIR and never plays a game durning that season like Savard why would he even count against the the cap?

Here`s an example.

Cap is $70 million, Bruins spend $70 million, Savard earns $4 million but is injured.

Youre not counting his salary which means the Bruins are only spending $66 million.

Then you`re putting him on LTIR meaning the Bruins can spend to $74 million.

Youre calculating $8 million in space when in actual fact its only $4 million (the LTIR)

That`s what you did in your capgeek calculations

AgentWebster

Jul 7, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ya by all accounts it looks like Krug and Iggy are locks to hit theirs. Not sure about Hamilton. Ok so 3m. Still enough for specifically what we need in that UFA market. We need that in a sticky on this page, so that we can stop with any thread that proposed to take on anyone with term left on a deal.

If that is the case then I would not want to trade any assets this year for just a rental player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad