OT: The official trade proposal thread. Put em all here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentWebster

Jul 7, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Here`s an example.

Cap is $70 million, Bruins spend $70 million, Savard earns $4 million but is injured.

Youre not counting his salary which means the Bruins are only spending $66 million.

Then you`re putting him on LTIR meaning the Bruins can spend to $74 million.

Youre calculating $8 million in space when in actual fact its only $4 million (the LTIR)

That`s what you did in your capgeek calculations

:teach2: Thanks!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Ya by all accounts it looks like Krug and Iggy are locks to hit theirs. Not sure about Hamilton. Ok so 3m. Still enough for specifically what we need in that UFA market. We need that in a sticky on this page, so that we can stop with any thread that proposed to take on anyone with term left on a deal.

It also has to be noted that that is LTIR space so it can`t be banked.

Normally, you can assume an acquired players share of the remaining cap hit. But in the Bruins case because of LTIR, that`s the annual AAV they can add.

Example, if you take my lowest number (taking into account attainable bonuses not under the bonus cushion) Chris Phillips annual cap hit of $3,083,333 would have to fit, and it barely does. It`s not the balance of his contract that would be the case for teams not using LTIR

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
To Bos
Erhoff
Ott

To Buffalo
Spooner or Khoko?
Kelly
Bartkowski
2nd

No idea really/could be fun to talk about

I have zero faith that Bartkowski will be an impact defenseman. So, Erhoff long term at 4mil(so cheap now!) per year playing with a good team and system would only bring good things. McQuaid is redundant with Miller stepping up. With Seidenberg out of the lineup there is a massive gap in quality defenders. It wouldnt be bad to have higher end depth defensively as Chara goes toward the end of his career. He will regress and it would be wise for us to plan ahead, Hamilton turning into a beast pending..

Next year: (Age)
Chara(37)-Seidenberg(32) ---I totally thought Seidenberg was older so thats good!
Erhoff(31)-Hamilton(21)
Boychuk(30)-Krug(23)
Miller

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
To Bos
Erhoff
Ott

To Buffalo
Prospect
Kelly
Bartkowski
1st

No idea really
I have zero faith that Bartkowski will be an impact defenseman so Erhoff long term at 4mil per year playing with a good team and system would only bring good things. It wouldnt be bad to have depth defensively as Chara goes toward the end of his career.

Do the B`s require him to be an "impact" D-man?? Erhoff?? C`mon, surely you must have watched the game the other night, talk about taking a step back, IMO, Bart doesn`t make half the mistakes Erhoff does, and he isn`t anywhere near as pricy

Erhoff is Area 51 of the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad