OT: The official trade proposal thread. Put em all here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I'd do it just to see Myers and Chara play side by side. :laugh:

Defensemen take a long time to pan out. Myers is only 23, I think he'll be a great player. Give buffalo a few years to rebuild, he'll be a, if not the centerpiece.

The chances of Buffalo trading him are slim, anyway. The chances of trading a 23 year old defensemen with #1 potential to a division rival when you're trying to rebuild... well.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
Smid

for

Kelly
Mcquaid or Bart?

too much?

Kelly has a NTC no? Not sure he waives it there being the first point.

To Buf
McQuaid
1st
Khoko

To Bos
Myers

Not sure Buffalo does that. I think Myers is the kind of player Buffalo thinks way too much of that a team will never match what it wants. I do think Myers is a tad overrated, but theirs still potential there.

Dallas has proved to be a dancing partner recently. I can see them dealing at the deadline, especially with how tough the West is this year, I don't think they stand a chance out there and no matter how many points out they are of the "last wild card spot" there smart move would be looking at the Western Conference and realizing just how strong it is.

Not sure how much Gonchar has left in the tank, his 5 million a year tag for this and next year are a bit of a turn off, but he's someone that could fill in and provide some veteran presence on the back end. Brenden Dillon isn't a guy that you cue the duckboats for either if you acquire him, but he throws the body around, has a cap friendly salary, and also can score. I know he's not the kind of defensemen they need right now (need a better calibur player), I guess I'm just passing along I tend to like his game.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Why would I want a merlot Ryan Spooner jersey? Wait, are they calling the Soderberg-Spooner-Eriksson line the 4th line now so no one's feelings get hurt?

We joke about the 23 thing, but it's one of two jersey numbers I wear consistently, and the other (2) is retired. Spooner - 23? Yes please.

Claude should put them out for the opening faceoff next time the Bruins play the Canucks. :laugh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Ok. I can interpret this in one of two ways:

1) Chiarelli believes he has consummated a trade for Phillips, when in reality he somehow loses to Pittsburgh.

2) Chiarelli finally acquires a piece he believes fills a need, the fanbase is in love with this decision, and the guy is only a marginal performer.

So, which one is Iginla part deux?

This part

that it will be down to two teams

The 2 favorites from the east, going down to the wire to acquire a big piece as it was with Iginla last year, (hey, and Morrow too I guess).

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Chiarelli himself on the radio "No deal is imminent, BUT, I am still looking" when talking about replacing Seidenberg.

I'll stick with what I've said all along: "no deal is imminent" because the Sens haven't decided to part with Phillips yet

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Chiarelli himself on the radio "No deal is imminent, BUT, I am still looking" when talking about replacing Seidenberg.

I'll stick with what I've said all along: "no deal is imminent" because the Sens haven't decided to part with Phillips yet

The big question is who is Chiarelli's plan B? He put all his eggs in the Iginla basket last season & was rattled when that fiasco went down. He was left with Jagr, who despite playing well with the Devils never really was an impact player in his short stint in Boston.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
Perhaps Miller is this year's Bartkowski then?

I think Bartkowski is this year's Bartkowski.

If we deal for Philips, I think Bart is the young D going back. He's a LH shot.

It would set the pairs up as:

Chara-Boychuk
Philips-Hamilton
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

That's ideal with Seids out.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Dom, is Phillips the be all, end all for Chia? If he gets CP, will he end there or try and get some insurance for Phillips with all the injuries that have gone on this year? How about Marc Methot too? What would you do Dom?

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Dom, is Phillips the be all, end all for Chia? If he gets CP, will he end there or try and get some insurance for Phillips with all the injuries that have gone on this year? How about Marc Methot too? What would you do Dom?

I know you were looking for Dom's opinion but I highly doubt the end all be all is Chris Phillips. Imho it depends on what happens in Buffalo and in Calgary. Burke wouldn't name anyone on his roster "untouchable" when asked the other day, said he'd have to think about it. I think it's going to be a firesale for both of these teams, its just a matter of whether its before or after the olympic roster freeze period.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

No he is not. As Chiarelli said, nothing is imminent but he's still looking which to me means he has a plan A.B and C (or will have). I don't think he'll swing a deal for Phillips and Methot though

Do I think Phillips will be the first target? Absolutely I do. ( Note that that is just my opinion ) Here's why:

- There's a history between Chiarelli and Phillips and there's a history there with Chara and Kelly too (who know's maybe those two will have to pull a Crosby)

- Sens and JP Barry ( Phillips agent ) held talks on an extension back in December and couldn't get a deal done.

- Not sure if I mentioned it on the other thread (who knows maybe it was twitter - old age ya know) that I heard that they would try to get an extension done during the Olympic break ( so that means no trade until after Olympics)

- Melnyk gave Murray an extension for two years and also gave him the green light to make any deals he feels necessary (remember they work with an internal cap)

- Murray is on record as saying he wants another PMD so when you look at their blue line they have Phillips, Cowen, Methot, Wierchioch, Corvo, Karlsson, Gryba and Ceci (who I must admit even I am surprised by his play). That's 8 d-men already so does someone have to go? Not to mention they have a prospect or 2 ready to make the jump next year.

Not sure the Sens want another Alfie fiasco in the offseason and end up losing Phillips for nothing. So they have to ask themselves, are they a playoff team and is it worth taking the chance to keep Phillips without an extension worth the gamble when you are probably one and done in the playoffs?

And speaking of playoffs, its the first year with the wild card and its a little more complicated than the top 8 seeds making it.

Ottawa is basically in a battle with 9 teams for 5 spots. Two of those spots are automatically guaranteed to 2 Metro division teams for finishing top 3 in the division so really it boils down to 7 teams for 3 spots. Toronto, Montreal and Detroit are the only teams they are battling within their division for those spots ( I don't think they'd be able to catch Boston/Tampa) and they would have to beat all three out to guarantee one of the Atlantic playoff spots.

So when you look at it like this:

They'd have to beat out Toronto, Montreal, Detroit, Rangers, Philly, Columbus, Washington, Jersey, Carolina for one of 3 spots

or

They'd have to beat out Toronto, Montreal AND Detroit for 1 spot.

If I were running the show in Ottawa, I wouldn't take the gamble. Either I'd sign him to an extension or deal him, no questions asked. Oh, and some in the media have it wrong. He doesn't have a NTC, its a modified one. He can pick and choose 10 teams he would accept a trade to.

Sorry for the long response :amazed:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Another Long One

If MTaylor is reading this he's going to drool.

I don't like the term "lame duck" but when you look at Washington George McPhee could fit under that heading.

The team is sinking losing 7 in a row (yes, no Ovie for the last 2 games) and ownership has yet to extend GMGM beyond this season. But you have to wonder whether he has the support of ownership right now.

Four possible scenarios:

1) Ownership tells him not to make any trades with the thinking they want to replace him in the offseason and have a new GM make those decisions.

2) They fire him right away and a new GM comes in

3) GMGM knows he doesn't have a contract for next season and makes deals to try and save his bacon.

4) Ownership gives him a vote of confidence and it's business as usual. (But if that happens, why not re-sign him?)

Going to be very interesting to see what happens in Washington in the next few weeks.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No he is not. As Chiarelli said, nothing is imminent but he's still looking which to me means he has a plan A.B and C (or will have). I don't think he'll swing a deal for Phillips and Methot though

Do I think Phillips will be the first target? Absolutely I do. ( Note that that is just my opinion ) Here's why:

- There's a history between Chiarelli and Phillips and there's a history there with Chara and Kelly too (who know's maybe those two will have to pull a Crosby)

- Sens and JP Barry ( Phillips agent ) held talks on an extension back in December and couldn't get a deal done.

- Not sure if I mentioned it on the other thread (who knows maybe it was twitter - old age ya know) that I heard that they would try to get an extension done during the Olympic break ( so that means no trade until after Olympics)

- Melnyk gave Murray an extension for two years and also gave him the green light to make any deals he feels necessary (remember they work with an internal cap)

- Murray is on record as saying he wants another PMD so when you look at their blue line they have Phillips, Cowen, Methot, Wierchioch, Corvo, Karlsson, Gryba and Ceci (who I must admit even I am surprised by his play). That's 8 d-men already so does someone have to go? Not to mention they have a prospect or 2 ready to make the jump next year.

Not sure the Sens want another Alfie fiasco in the offseason and end up losing Phillips for nothing. So they have to ask themselves, are they a playoff team and is it worth taking the chance to keep Phillips without an extension worth the gamble when you are probably one and done in the playoffs?

And speaking of playoffs, its the first year with the wild card and its a little more complicated than the top 8 seeds making it.

Ottawa is basically in a battle with 9 teams for 5 spots. Two of those spots are automatically guaranteed to 2 Metro division teams for finishing top 3 in the division so really it boils down to 7 teams for 3 spots. Toronto, Montreal and Detroit are the only teams they are battling within their division for those spots ( I don't think they'd be able to catch Boston/Tampa) and they would have to beat all three out to guarantee one of the Atlantic playoff spots.

They'd have to beat out Toronto, Montreal, Detroit, Rangers, Philly, Columbus, Washington, Jersey, Carolina for one of 3 spots

or

If I were running the show in Ottawa, I wouldn't take the gamble. Either I'd sign him to an extension or deal him, no questions asked. Oh, and some in the media have it wrong. He doesn't have a NTC, its a modified one. He can pick and choose 10 teams he would accept a trade to.

Dom,unsure if you can answer this and I`m not sure there`s anyone on the Sabres who can fill any Bruin needs but I was more interested in "history" if you will. In Ottawa, Chia clearly has a relationship not only with a Phillips but Bryan Murray as well which appears to be exceptionally cordial. Does Chia have any history with Troy Murray or did he arrive in Ottawa after Chia??

Again, not sure if anyone on the Sabres is of any interest, just wondering for the future if Buffalo could be a team that Chia looks at if needing to make a deal

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom,unsure if you can answer this and I`m not sure there`s anyone on the Sabres who can fill any Bruin needs but I was more interested in "history" if you will. In Ottawa, Chia clearly has a relationship not only with a Phillips but Bryan Murray as well which appears to be exceptionally cordial. Does Chia have any history with Troy Murray or did he arrive in Ottawa after Chia??

Again, not sure if anyone on the Sabres is of any interest, just wondering for the future if Buffalo could be a team that Chia looks at if needing to make a deal

Hired by Sens in 2007.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver

or

I wrote this in an earlier post awhile ago, but Phillips' partial NTC allows him to submit a list of 10 teams he does NOT want to be traded to, not who he would accept a trade to. No way the Bruins would be on his no-trade list.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Lets be honest, there isin't much out there that fits what we are looking for. At this point I would be ok if we stand pat on D. Chris Phillips is meh... Methot would be better but Ottawa isin't selling yet and probaby won't be.

Dan Girardi and Trevor Daley are the type of player we need but they might not be available.

As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't mind seeing what Luke Schenn would cost, he could finally develop on a team that knows how to develop players with his skillset. He has the potential, if turned around, to be a Seidenberg type.

dillyboy93

Dec 3, 2012
Canada
Saw on twitter Boston Globe said the Bruins main interests are Andrew Macdonald, Chris Phillips & Henrik Tallinder

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Methot could be interesting. I read he has been a.healthy scratch lately and in the dog house.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

or

Thank you Dom, a very comprehensive overview. I hope though, if a dark horse player such as Tallinder or as i.e. Spitfire mentions in the next post "Luke Schenn" would be considered and Phillips possibly still acquired along with one of them

Lets be honest, there isin't much out there that fits what we are looking for. At this point I would be ok if we stand pat on D. Chris Phillips is meh... Methot would be better but Ottawa isin't selling yet and probaby won't be.

Dan Girardi and Trevor Daley are the type of player we need but they might not be available.

As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't mind seeing what Luke Schenn would cost, he could finally develop on a team that knows how to develop players with his skillset. He has the potential, if turned around, to be a Seidenberg type.
Except for Girardi (since I doubt that we could keep him beyond this year) I like your ideas.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I wouldn't be at all sure about that.

Question becomes if that's the case what in the world is this guy worth in the trade market TODAY ?

I wouldn't think very much. Better off riding it out and hoping he turns it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad