OT: The official trade proposal thread. Put em all here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Of all the guys mentioned anywhere, Schenn is by far the most intriguing. Probably too costly but maybe Julien can work some magic. Seems like a guy that would benefit this system.

Last edited:

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
Over on the main boards they're noting that Kevin Lowe and Craig MacTavish were both scouting the B's/Flyers the other day... As said: it's not a big deal to have teams scouting other teams all the time, but when it's the Team's two top decision-makers, it certainly does become a little more interesting.

A few of our fine fellows have posted in that thread, but I was wondering what the rest of you thought? Anything there??

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I can't think of any trade that might work out between the Black and Gold and the Oil... Seems to me the B's need a good Minute-eating defenseman to replace Seids. The Oil's defense... well..... sucks.

Anyone smarter than me want to venture a guess?

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Over on the main boards they're noting that Kevin Lowe and Craig MacTavish were both scouting the B's/Flyers the other day... As said: it's not a big deal to have teams scouting other teams all the time, but when it's the Team's two top decision-makers, it certainly does become a little more interesting.

A few of our fine fellows have posted in that thread, but I was wondering what the rest of you thought? Anything there??

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, but I can't think of any trade that might work out between the Black and Gold and the Oil... Seems to me the B's need a good Minute-eating defenseman to replace Seids. The Oil's defense... well..... sucks.

I think Philly and Edmonton have been named with each other a few times this year. With Eberle being mentioned.

Just have to hope that no one in the front office is getting any ideas as it relates to Ference.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/01/...er-jordan-eberles-pops-up-in-trade-conjecture
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/01/...er-jordan-eberles-pops-up-in-trade-conjecture

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Schultz as a vet D, that's about it. Not likely to bump anyone on the depth chart but would let them not have to call up Trotman/Warsofsky etc in emergencies.

Caron for Schultz probably isn't too out to lunch.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
I'd take Ference the player back, the problem is Ference the contract.

Haha, much like most of my other opinions involving recent/current veterans in their 30s, I'm pretty meh about both the player and the contract.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Andy and Eberle for dougie and Kelly and Caron.

With Sieds out and using his $ this may work. Andy can slot in quickly where Dougie was and Eberle would be a huge addition allowing us to get younger by filling Iggys spot next year with him?
The Ference contract going forward could hurt us.

Flame away....

member 96824

With Sieds out and using his $ this may work. Andy can slot in quickly where Dougie was and Eberle would be a huge addition allowing us to get younger by filling Iggys spot next year with him?

Flame away....

That doesn't really help anything. We're trading a top borderline top 4 guy(right now) to get a borderline top 4 guy(for the rest of his career), not filling any holes on D.

I love Ference, probably my favorite Bruin not named Savard in a long time...but that's not a good deal for the Bruins to make.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
That doesn't really help anything. We're trading a top borderline top 4 guy(right now) to get a borderline top 4 guy(for the rest of his career), not filling any holes on D.

I love Ference, probably my favorite Bruin not named Savard in a long time...but that's not a good deal for the Bruins to make.

Nothing borderline about Dougie at this point, and he's only going to get better.

My opinion on this matter hasn't changed since last year, and isn't going to be well liked, so I'll stop with I like Andrew Ference the person.

It makes us much better at forward though. Buyer beware on Eberle's numbers however. The chances of him getting 18/19 minutes a night here are slim.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011

Ur right were not improving our D but the offense sure dose get a crap load better with Eberle joining the mix. This also gives us more leverage to trade for a Sieds stop gap replacment (Gerardi). Can always use our buy out as well

member 96824

Ur right were not improving our D but the offense sure dose get a crap load better with Eberle joining the mix. This also gives us more leverage to trade for a Sieds stop gap replacment (Gerardi).

That's a ton of moving parts for a cup contender at the deadline

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
That's a ton of moving parts for a cup contender at the deadline

Kelly and Caron are easily replaceable internally and have been replaced through out the season. Dougie out Ferense in is as smooth of a transition as can be.
Eberle dosent need to be on the top line right away. Picking up a new Dman to help replace Sieds has to be done anyway, so two trades doesn't seem crazy at the dead line we do that every year, +

member 96824

Kelly and Caron are easily replaceable internally and have been replaced through out the season. Dougie out Ferense in is as smooth of a transition as can be.
Eberle dosent need to be on the top line right away. Picking up a new Dman to help replace Sieds has to be done anyway, so two trades doesn't seem crazy at the dead line we do that every year, +

I mean, I see the value of adding Eberle. I love Eberle.

But in this, you've got 3 roster players going out...and then another deal for Dan Girardi. That's a ton of turnover. We typically add a vet or 2 at the deadline for futures and/or non essential parts....not trade away franchise D men and restructure how the entire team is built.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I mean, I see the value of adding Eberle. I love Eberle.

But in this, you've got 3 roster players going out...and then another deal for Dan Girardi. That's a ton of turnover. We typically add a vet or 2 at the deadline for futures and/or non essential parts....not trade away franchise D men and restructure how the entire team is built.

I see what your saying just disagree with the wording "restructure" and "3 roster spots".
I like Kelly but when Kelly is off his game he gets the nickname "black hole" of offense for a reason. He's been out most of the season and we are still winning with an improving Spooner, (needs time). So I don't consider that a lost roster spot, Caron to me has the value of a bag of pucks I give up on him wish Bruins would aswell. Not a lost roster spot at all, can easily be filled. I don't think a "restructure" is needed to fit Andy in for 1 more run. Like I noted earlier we have to fill that Seids hole anyway.
Maybe it's just me but to get a guy like Eberle would make any small inconvenience well well worth while

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
I see what your saying just disagree with the wording "restructure" and "3 roster spots".
I like Kelly but when Kelly is off his game he gets the nickname "black hole" of offense for a reason. He's been out most of the season and we are still winning with an improving Spooner, (needs time). So I don't consider that a lost roster spot, Caron to me has the value of a bag of pucks I give up on him wish Bruins would aswell. Not a lost roster spot at all, can easily be filled. I don't think a "restructure" is needed to fit Andy in for 1 more run. Like I noted earlier we have to fill that Seids hole anyway.
Maybe it's just me but to get a guy like Eberle would make any small inconvenience well well worth while

Speaking from what I imagine would be the Bruins' POV, I'm not sure they believe handing over the 3rd line center reigns to Spooner is what wins them a cup this year and further that they value Kelly's defensive zone presence more so than Spooner's offensive zone presence.

I don't think the incremental defensive improvement you get from moving out Dougie for Andy with Seids still out is worth it THIS SEASON for the offensive improvement you garner from picking up Eberle. I believe their focus is primarily (if not solely) on upgrading the current D with a veteran and not subtracting from the current core, of which Dougie is a part.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Speaking from what I imagine would be the Bruins' POV, I'm not sure they believe handing over the 3rd line center reigns to Spooner is what wins them a cup this year and further that they value Kelly's defensive zone presence more so than Spooner's offensive zone presence.

I don't think the incremental defensive improvement you get from moving out Dougie for Andy with Seids still out is worth it THIS SEASON for the offensive improvement you garner from picking up Eberle. I believe their focus is primarily (if not solely) on upgrading the current D with a veteran and not subtracting from the current core, of which Dougie is a part.

Absolutely agree, just tossing an idea out there. The way Boston dose trades I don't expect a block buster, don't think we need it.
I was just striking up conversation about us getting one of Edmonton's big players I have a feeling one of them is going to get traded for moving parts and with the Edmonton player being the best player in the trade.
I just really want Eberle, think he is the real deal and could help bring home Lord Stanley.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Flame away....

A huge reason why the Bruins let Ference walk was *because* of Hamilton. There is no way on Earth they would trade Dougie for Andrew. :laugh:

panny2727

Oct 12, 2010
Absolutely agree, just tossing an idea out there. The way Boston dose trades I don't expect a block buster, don't think we need it.
I was just striking up conversation about us getting one of Edmonton's big players I have a feeling one of them is going to get traded for moving parts and with the Edmonton player being the best player in the trade.
I just really want Eberle, think he is the real deal and could help bring home Lord Stanley.
one of our youthful goalies and caron and spooner might get you eberle. Fraser is better than Caron as an admirable backup along with the yeti. tis better too have 13 or 14 legit forwards as we have all seen over the last 6 years.

they won the cup because of solid depth on forward and backend. a third line with 2 first year players isn't going to cut it in the Stanley cup playoffs...I like the Yeti but would much rather have him as a backup in the seguin 2011 role.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Byfuglien for...

Bartkowski and Chris Kelly

Gives the Bruins an upgrade on D and allows Spooner or Soderberg to be full time 3rd line center. Moving Kelly's contract allows some cap room to keep Dustin B.

Only issue is no trade clauses....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Jets two pts out of a playoff spot since their coaching change, Buff arguably playing his best hockey under Maurice, if MacDonald is being shopped for a first, what`s his price? No way Winnipeg even entertains an offer for him. If anything, they are in buyers mode IMO

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Bartkowski and Chris Kelly

Gives the Bruins an upgrade on D and allows Spooner or Soderberg to be full time 3rd line center. Moving Kelly's contract allows some cap room to keep Dustin B.

Only issue is no trade clauses....

What does it give Winnipeg?

AgentWebster

Jul 7, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Tyler Myers and Ryan Kesler to Boston

With the trade deadline coming up I would rather have players with contracts extending through next year if we are trading good young assets and The salary cap is going to be at 71 million next year. Myers has a five year contract and Kesler two years. I like these moves because the Bruins get better defensively with both players and I think they could fit our system perfectly. With the moves below this puts us below the salary-cap for the season. So let me know what you think the trades are we giving up too much or not enough or the trades work out for both parties.

Boston receives from Buffalo:
Tyler Myers

Buffalo receives from Boston:
Johnny Boychuk
Alexander Khokhlachev
2014 1st round pick
2014 2nd round pick (Bruins not Islanders pick)

Boston receives from Vancouver:
Ryan Kesler

Vancouver receives from Boston:
Carl Soderberg
Jordan Caron
Ryan Spooner
2015 2nd Round pick.

FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Jarome Iginla ($1.800m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)
Loui Eriksson ($4.250m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m) / Reilly Smith ($0.900m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Shawn Thornton ($1.100m)

DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Tyler Myers ($5.500m)
Adam McQuaid ($1.567m) / Dougie Hamilton ($0.894m)
Torey Krug ($0.917m) / Matt Bartkowski ($0.650m)
Kevan Miller ($0.550m) /

GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($7.000m)
Chad Johnson ($0.600m)

LTIR
Marc Savard ($4.027m)
Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $5,587,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $5,833

http://www.capgeek.com/armchair-gm/roster/5273
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=695203

Status