The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread - VII - Gold Medal Edition!

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
awwww gtfo Karlsson you suck.

840541028.gif

Crosby so ****ing clutch! Kunitz snipe completely nuts.

840532479.gif

840531861.gif

Easiest game for Price imo, sure they buzzed a bit early on but they were not dangerous in the 2nd or 3rd. Price always make it look easy tho. Great tournament for him he was really on fire, only deflections could beat him. His best game were vs Finland and the US.

Glad to see PK enjoy the moment and lace up the skates for the celebrations, hopefully he will play like he has something to prove and lead us in the playoffs.

Some general observations :

Bergeron and Toews were absolute beasts defensively against the US, always clearing the front of the net and helping out the D.

St.Louis was flying in the GMG great inspiration for smaller players.

Getzlaf/Perry.....Man what a combo, the Ducks are lucky.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
PK trying to kiss Price?

tumblr_n1gdx3fPO71sizpq5o1_250.gif

tumblr_n1gdx3fPO71sizpq5o2_250.gif

Gorges so jealous :naughty:

Gotta love PK Subban...such a comedian!!
(he was probably saying **** YOU to Russia with the whole gay thing!!?).

PK Subban...Norris trophy winner and a zillion dollar smile!!

p.s.: thanks for the GIFs...these are the GIFs of the thread!! (so positive!!).

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
And Price is a perfect "straight" man for PK comedy!

Haha...straight as in straight-arrow!!

Glad PK is not giving anyone a chance to say ''it looks like he's bitter for not playing more than 1 game'',etc,etc.

On the contrary...PK Subban has a fantastic attitude and great smile!!

But, I miss watching Subbie...can't wait for Wedns (**** Babcock...arrogant, cocky ****...he needs some humble pie...but good on the Gold medal for Team Canada!), Thurs and Sat games!!!!!

I miss our Habs!!

PricePkPatch*

I personally have to really give props to Babcock and the coaching staff. At first, Sweden's gameplay was giving them the edge, but after about 8-9 minutes of play the strategy seemed to have changed and we took over the game, and never looked back.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Haha...straight as in straight-arrow!!

Glad PK is not giving anyone a chance to say ''it looks like he's bitter for not playing more than 1 game'',etc,etc.

On the contrary...PK Subban has a fantastic attitude and great smile!!

But, I miss watching Subbie...can't wait for Wedns (**** Babcock...arrogant, cocky ****...he needs some humble pie...but good on the Gold medal for Team Canada!), Thurs and Sat games!!!!!

I miss our Habs!!
No reason for PK to be bitter. They chose not to play him but he still got to go. Even without him playing I still can't see how this would affect him in a negative way.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
No reason for PK to be bitter. They chose not to play him but he still got to go. Even without him playing I still can't see how this would affect him in a negative way.

If anything, witnessing such commitment to, and execution of, full 60 minute games of focus, intensity, and attention to detail should serve him well moving forward.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I am displeased that the Canadians won. Oh well, I glad for Carey. Dude has built up a (partially deserved) reputation in the past for not being as good as he could be, but after the hiring of Waite, the dude is clearly the best goalie in the league.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Price was good but probably faced the fewest shots (and who knows, the fewest quality shots, I haven't researched it) of any of the final 4 teams. Plus, Price was fronted by the best defensive corps in the game.

Still, Price was brilliant, however, it could be argued that Selanne made more out of less and led an underdog team to a medal:

Margin for error for Price was tight though. Had a he been a split second slower than he was in reacting to Parise's tip-in attempt from Kane, the USA-Canada game could have been different. But Price got his toe out there first. Or if he gave up a soft one to the Latvians.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad