The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread - VII - Gold Medal Edition!

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Congrats team Canada. GG. I can't wait for Wednesday's game aka Subban's revenge against Babock ! Those Olympics gave me a newfound hate for the Redwings and their headcoach. That's good for the new rivalry I guess. Screw Detroit !

And how nice was it to see Price get a 2nd shutout in a row !

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I love how some people still think Luongo should have started.

"LULULULULULU"

"But Price won gold, shutout the semis and the finals against the two teams with the most nhlers along with Canada, and saved 97% of the shots he faced!"

"SO?! LU WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER!"

Leo Getz

Sep 4, 2007
I love how some people still think Luongo should have started.

"LULULULULULU"

"But Price won gold, shutout the semis and the finals against the two teams with the most nhlers along with Canada, and saved 97% of the shots he faced!"

"SO?! LU WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER!"

Probably would have potted a couple goals to help out. Ridiculous. Even Lu was cheering on Carey. Come on, he's been apart of two gold medal squads. One as starter, one as backup. Nucks fans need to settle down.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
What sense does it make to have Lowe as part of our management team? He's proven himself to be inept time and time again. Every time there was a shot of him I got upset.

Glad we won though. Wish we could spoil Price like that in MTL.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
What sense does it make to have Lowe as part of our management team? He's proven himself to be inept time and time again. Every time there was a shot of him I got upset.

Glad we won though. Wish we could spoil Price like that in MTL.

To use hf logic he clearly isn't in nept since he has 2 gold medals.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Congrats team Canada. GG. I can't wait for Wednesday's game aka Subban's revenge against Babock ! Those Olympics gave me a newfound hate for the Redwings and their headcoach. That's good for the new rivalry I guess. Screw Detroit !

And how nice was it to see Price get a 2nd shutout in a row !

Yeah, what an idiot Babcock is for not dressing Subban. It's not like they won a gold medal or anything.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
i find that usually canuck logic. "luongo didn't look shaky he has a gold medal"

Vancouver fans are insanely delusional.

I remember arguing with them ad nauseum that they didn't have the depth to win in the play-offs (post Vancouver riots). They seemed convinced that they could. They were embarrassed by the Kings in that play-offs.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
tumblr_n1gesf8QYZ1rs8jbdo1_400.gif

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

so ****ing proud of this kid..

look at the smile on his face

couldnt be happier for team canada, couldnt be happier for my boy carey and by god, sid gave me that goal i wanted, real proud of him too

all that being said jonathan toews is one of the most amazing players ive ever seen play the game ever, ive never seen 2 way play THAt amazing

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
A lot of my American friends who were talking nonstop about the USA-Canada semifinal are now pretending like they didn't care about the Olympics.

I need new friends.

Battle Hymns

Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver fans are insanely delusional.

I remember arguing with them ad nauseum that they didn't have the depth to win in the play-offs (post Vancouver riots). They seemed convinced that they could. They were embarrassed by the Kings in that play-offs.

i remember that. they claimed that by gillis acquiring Pahlsson, he was single handedly shut down Kopitar. :laugh: good times

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad