OT: The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread (Price starts Game 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HABS win CUPS*

tumblr_llyznxRaCD1qi2esko1_500.gif

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2014/02/11/team-canada-cheat-sheet-meet-the-defencemen-and-goalies/

Expect to hear: “That P.K. Subban is so brash and so reckless.â€
Don’t expect to hear: “I suspect my opinion of P.K. Subban is coloured by a preconception of the way black athletes usually act, and my own, haughty, overly moralistic and fully unwelcome opinion about how they should act. Once his confidence and basic enthusiasm for the game is filtered through the lens of my unspoken, racially-driven bias, it comes out looking like arrogance and selfishness to me. But rather than search myself and sort out the complicated relationship with race that’s driving this perception, I call for him to smarten up, which is silly and hypocritical. It’s my problem. I am the problem.â€

Great find boys, utterly hilarious and sad at the same time :laugh::laugh::cry:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 23m

Babcock says Duchene and Subban are scratches tonight but both will play tomorrow

Watching the Fins game right now and skating is the most important skill for this ice size imo. Both will shine on the bigger ice as they are among TC best skaters.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
You'd think they'd want to help Price settle down a bit by having his friend and teammate on the ice during his first Olympic game.

Anyways, PK basically has to put up a couple of points against Austria to remain in the lineup.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 23m

Babcock says Duchene and Subban are scratches tonight but both will play tomorrow

so scratched against norway and playing from the end of the bench against austria?

well whatever, still don't like team canada

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
And cue the Leaf fans chirping on the CBC comments section about how Bernier should be in instead of Price...

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I hope no one is honestly mad. Getting every player a game is important. Hammy and Subban both deserve one game and then Babs can make his decision going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad