OT: The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread (Price starts Game 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

can I propose that we make an official GDT for the Canadian game tomorrow?

Since we already reached 40 pages, we could consider it the next "Hockey Sochi" thread?

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
can I propose that we make an official GDT for the Canadian game tomorrow?

Since we already reached 40 pages, we could consider it the next "Hockey Sochi" thread?

I think a separate GDT for TC games would be better than having only one thread for hockey.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
There's a CBC Sochi app for Android (and I assume iPhone) that you could watch the game on. Otherwise, download TuneIn Radio or check if TSN has a radio app.

I just downloaded this app , it works good !!! right on get to watch the game at work !!

Apr 28, 2010
Damn. I'm not even a Czech but their management kind of pisses me off. Still can't believe they chose Nedved/Erat over Vrbata/Hudler. Hanzal didn't even play. Lol @ Erat taking a penalty early that led to a goal.

Also, I think Pleks should have Voracek on his wing. This Cervenka dude is kind of overrated.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Plekanec played a beautiful game. Love this player.
Also, Barinka is a mess. Karlsson so dominant in the offensive zone.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
We'd probably be upset too if they made a sculpture of Bernier with the Leafs logo and Team Canada at the bottom, if he was picked to be in the team

Probably not because unless they write Toronto Maple Leafs, Team Canada and the Maple Leafs have the same logo :sarcasm:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I heard the whole team got red jackets except for subban

Subban was told he didn't need a red one because he'll be in his suit in the press box all tourny so the great Dan Hamhuis can watch from the bench! :naughty::naughty:

Also, Subban is better than all 3 of these so called great RHD on Team Canada. Kind of funny how little respect he gets from the media outside of Montreal.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Subban was told he didn't need a red one because he'll be in his suit in the press box all tourny so the great Dan Hamhuis can watch from the bench! :naughty::naughty:

Also, Subban is better than all 3 of these so called great RHD on Team Canada. Kind of funny how little respect he gets from the media outside of Montreal.

Doughty is the best RHD on the team.

Argument can be made about Subban vs Piet / Weber.

Thing is, on the big ice I wouldn't mind seeing Subban on his off side.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Even the journalists in montreal don't give him the respect he deserves. I'll even add the fans to that list. I think very few realize just how good he is.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
First step for Price to show that he can elevate his game in the greatest stage as a Pro. Olympics first......playoffs then. Will forever shut up the doubters.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I've handed out thread bans to both parties involved in political ********. Next time it'll be forum bans.

Bringing down the ban hammer, that's good.

TC shouldn't take Norway likely. They are good skaters, and a lot of them will be motivated to show they COULD be big leaguers and possibly get themselves contracts in better leagues, maybe even the NHL. Norway is def. NOT Slovenia.

pine*

It is what it is. I believe it stems from Therrien's mistreatment of Subban. If Therrien doesn't trust Subban to play in any defensive situations, why would Babcock risk his reputation and play the "defensive liability".

Hopefully, Canada's coaching staff realizes that Subban is their best defenseman and play him as much as he deserves.

Hopefully Babcock realizes that Therrien is just another idiot and plays Subban as much as realistically possible.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
fall08-hock_babcock.jpg

For good luck.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Even the journalists in montreal don't give him the respect he deserves. I'll even add the fans to that list. I think very few realize just how good he is.

Most talented player we've seen in Montreal for a long time, including Kovalev. He should be praised and nurtured instead of what he gets. Maybe in due time will will realize what a treat he is, hopefully before he's gone (retired, UFA or traded who knows at this point)

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

I'l say this.....Olympics isn't solely about who is better. First, not the same game, bigger ice. Now....it should be even better for Subban though or maybe not. But then, even if we'd take Subban ahead of Pietrangelo, in a short tournament, it's a lot more of the chemistry than the quality of a player. And frankly, if you go with quality but mostly who is hot.....we have to admit that Subban doesn't have his best moments lately. Is he still great? Do we want him traded? And all that crap? We love him and still feel he's incredible. But in a tournament like that one.....it's not really what at stake here. Is Kunitz the best winger of the league? Why does he play with the best centerman of the league? Add the "vet" factor and you understand even more than it has so little with the quality of a player.....I mean, I would have had no problem to see Luongo being the man in this tournament...because experience is really important. But then....you pair this with who is hot...and it's not even debatable. Yet.....nothing is played as far as who is really the #1......I'll say this.....Price better have less questionable goals given than Luongo. Even if the defensive play will end up being better in front of Luongo than Price because of the 1 additional game played. 'Cause I will always feel that experience will prevail.....Remains to be seen.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
That Hockeystreams feed in english was horribly lopsided towards the swedes. Kept saying the Czech management was clueless.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
knowing this place i somehow doubt that :D

Well....maybe a little more then......But it still remains to be done. Price will never have the credit if he is unable to show what he can do with this great team like Canada. But even more if he's unable to bring his team to another level in the playoffs. Fair or not....life isn't fair anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad