OT: The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread (Price starts Game 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Ok so where can I listen to the game at work tomorrow, american server so no cbc or RC Stream.., TSN radio doesn't work either... Is there an iPhone app for tsn radio?

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Ok so where can I listen to the game at work tomorrow, american server so no cbc or RC Stream.., TSN radio doesn't work either... Is there an iPhone app for tsn radio?

Tsn app or tune in radio app.. When using tune in search tsn .

void

Jan 5, 2006
I can't believe Subban is the 8th defenceman on the team. Vlasic and Hamhuis over him? Are you ****ing kidding?

PricePkPatch*

I can't believe Subban is the 8th defenceman on the team. Vlasic and Hamhuis over him? Are you ****ing kidding?

He was having a bad stretch recently in Montreal.

Also, it's likely we're gonna see him play on Game 2

void

Jan 5, 2006
Is this confirmed ?

It's not 100% confirmed but that's how the lines were this morning. Babcock only confirmed that he'd be dressing 13 forwards and 7 defencemen and that Price is starting. Subban and Duchene were the extras this morning.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec

After seeing what Erik Karlsson was able to do on the big ice, it's a shame we don't get to see PK tomorrow. Again, let's not forget that his own coach doesn't trust him enough to kill penalties for some reason. For all the **** we gave Jacques Martin, he was always willing to give PK more responsibilities, not less.

Seriously though, #FireTherrien.

habitue*

They are playing on the left, PK is playing on the right behind Doughty, Weber and Pietrangelo. Canada 's coaches have more confidence in those three than Subban. That's all.

habitue*

After seeing what Erik Karlsson was able to do on the big ice, it's a shame we don't get to see PK. Again, let's not forget that his own coach doesn't trust him to kill penalties for some reason. For all the **** we gave Jacques Martin, he was always willing to give PK more responsibilities, not less.

So basically, Babcock has less confidence in PK than Therrien who is supposed to be - according to many posters here- a bad coach who is trying to ruin PK's carreer.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
So basically, Babcock has less confidence in PK than Therrien who is supposed to be - according to many posters here- a bad coach who is trying to ruin PK's carreer.

The difference being that Therrien has coached and seen Subban in action for almost 2 season now, whereas Babcock is basing his decision more on reputation.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

There's a CBC Sochi app for Android (and I assume iPhone) that you could watch the game on. Otherwise, download TuneIn Radio or check if TSN has a radio app.

habitue*

The difference being that Therrien has coached and seen Subban in action for almost 2 season now, whereas Babcock is basing his decision more on reputation.

PK has the most minutes of any Habs d-men anyway.

habitue*

That's very professional ! :sarcasm:

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
That's very professional ! :sarcasm:

It is what it is. I believe it stems from Therrien's mistreatment of Subban. If Therrien doesn't trust Subban to play in any defensive situations, why would Babcock risk his reputation and play the "defensive liability".

Hopefully, Canada's coaching staff realizes that Subban is their best defenseman and play him as much as he deserves.

habitue*

It is what it is. I believe it stems from Therrien's mistreatment of Subban. If Therrien doesn't trust Subban to play in any defensive situations, why would Babcock risk his reputation and play the "defensive liability".

PK is playing all the 5v5 he can handle + all the PP.

We all know he has brain cramps once in a while.

Therrien is not mistreating PK. he is playing him the same way than last season when he won the Norris.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
It's not 100% confirmed but that's how the lines were this morning. Babcock only confirmed that he'd be dressing 13 forwards and 7 defencemen and that Price is starting. Subban and Duchene were the extras this morning.

Are you surprised, Team canada has this mentality of playing the wrong players. Hamuhis literally brings nothing to the table, but just because the media doesn't follow his every move, shows to Team Canada that Hamuhis is the safer player.

It's something that has hurt and will keep on hurting Team Canada.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
PK is playing all the 5v5 he can handle + all the PP.

We all know he has brain cramps once in a while.

Therrien is not mistreating PK. he is playing him the same way than last season when he won the Norris.

He most definitely is not. He was a monster last year in all situations. He oozed confidence as they say. This year, he is obviously afraid to make mistakes and is over thinking defensively waaay too much.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
BrianWilde ‏@BWildeCTV

Apparently two giants disagree on Subban's status. Friedman says PK likely to play. McKenzie says not.

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke

McKenzie "I would right now, in the absence of any other information, say Price is the go to guy for Canada in net"

Mckenzie "certainly appear that going in, Duchene & St.Louis are odd men out up front. I'd think Duchene is in press box due to seniority"

Mckenzie "I'd guess the same situation for Subban on D as for Duchene up front"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad