Speculation: The Official Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Hudler was a great depth player on our Cup teams. They'ree not all that different than Filppula and Hudler were IMO. Useful guys. But that's just me.

Depends are they more useful as returnable assets or support players when this team can get turned around and contend again? Imo they're more valuable right now to acquire pieces to rebuild faster than they would be 4-5 years from now. They aren't difficult types of players to replace down the road. If you can get free 1st round picks or very good prospects that's what you do in my mind.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
If the focus is on the usable part I think moving one of them is fine. I wouldn't move them for picks, though, unless it's ridiculous good. Like a mid-high first good. I think they're worth more to keep around and try to fill better players in around.

For sure

I would consider a 1st rd pick or high end dman prospect (Chabot or fabbro) a good return and well worth it for our rebuild

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
If we do indeed miss this year, all eyes will be on Holland and Blashill, provided both or either return. Should be interesting.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
For sure

I would consider a 1st rd pick or high end dman prospect (Chabot or fabbro) a good return and well worth it for our rebuild

You are off your rocker if you think Ottawa is giving us Chabot for Nyquist. I don't think we have a player in our organization that could fetch us Chabot.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If we do indeed miss this year, all eyes will be on Holland and Blashill, provided both or either return. Should be interesting.

Seriously in what actual universe do some of you expect Holland to be in trouble.... I am really curious. I mean him deciding to go upstairs is one thing, but they could be really bad for several years and I doubt he is in real trouble. He will see out his contract at minimum.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Detroit is currently 7 points out of the wild card, and has a ROW of 16. There isn't a single other team in either conference (outside of Colorado and Arizona) with a ROW under 20.

Please find a good trade for Vanek, and go from there.

EDIT: And at 2-4-4 in their last 10 games, only the Avs have earned fewer points of late.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Fair point

Maybe nyquist for their scouts?

Because ottawa is a top drafting team

The last 2 drafts Ottawa has done very well, and stocked their cupboard with some good youth. They definitely do draft well, and have hit a coupe homeruns (Karlsson at 15, Hoffman in the 5th round, Stone in the 6th).

They aren't perfect though and have struggled with some first round picks. Lazar at 17th in 2013 wasn't great. Also none of their 3 1st rounders in 2011 are with the team anymore. Then theres Cowen in 2009 at 9th overall that was a bad pick. Cowen would struggle in some top beer leagues right now.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Detroit is currently 7 points out of the wild card, and has a ROW of 16. There isn't a single other team in either conference (outside of Colorado and Arizona) with a ROW under 20.

Please find a good trade for Vanek, and go from there.

If we get a 1st for him, I'm happy.

-1st for Vanek
-4th for Smith
-5th for Jurco

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Seriously in what actual universe do some of you expect Holland to be in trouble.... I am really curious. I mean him deciding to go upstairs is one thing, but they could be really bad for several years and I doubt he is in real trouble. He will see out his contract at minimum.

Nobody expects Holland to be in trouble.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
The last 2 drafts Ottawa has done very well, and stocked their cupboard with some good youth. They definitely do draft well, and have hit a coupe homeruns (Karlsson at 15, Hoffman in the 5th round, Stone in the 6th).

They aren't perfect though and have struggled with some first round picks. Lazar at 17th in 2013 wasn't great. Also none of their 3 1st rounders in 2011 are with the team anymore. Then theres Cowen in 2009 at 9th overall that was a bad pick. Cowen would struggle in some top beer leagues right now.

all true

I simply do lie their work as of late in terms of dmen(karlsson, ceci, chabot) all legit top 3 NHL dman including the best dman in the world and what i think is going to be a #1 dman in chabot

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Would rather trade Gus than Tatar but I don't think we should be trading any of them or Green now, wait until next year when there's no expansion draft.

i dont think nyquist is tradeable at all because of his contract unless we take one back

Green and tatars contracts are more favourable and i think the return would be very good

this team is going to be bad again next year, might as well create more roster room and opportunities for young players to properly evaluate them all while also hoping for a top 5 pick

it would still leave us with zetts and nielsen and abby and helm and ericsson and howard for veterans so its not like we wouldnt have any or create a "losing enviroment"

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
i dont think nyquist is tradeable at all because of his contract unless we take one back

Green and tatars contracts are more favourable and i think the return would be very good

this team is going to be bad again next year, might as well create more roster room and opportunities for young players to properly evaluate them all while also hoping for a top 5 pick

it would still leave us with zetts and nielsen and abby and helm and ericsson and howard for veterans so its not like we wouldnt have any or create a "losing enviroment"

Nyquist not tradeable at all???

Might not net a great return, but come on dude. Some of the stuff being said on here this season is ridiculous.

Believe it or not but GM's don't just look at the most recent season and suffer from recency bias like a lot of us on here.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
plus a 1st and prospect for green
plus a high end prospect for Tatar

The team is competing next year, gameplan wise. They're not trading their best defenseman who is under contract for another year and a top six winger.

Might not net a great return, but come on dude. Some of the stuff being said on here this season is ridiculous.

Believe it or not but GM's don't just look at the most recent season and suffer from recency bias like a lot of us on here.

Gustav Nyquist isn't being dealt, but does certainly have value. Seems too close to Zetterberg, and I do believe at times Z is calling the shots.

I think Nyquist could do similar to old Patty Eaves and score 25+ goals his first season out of Detroit.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA

Not in trouble. Interested to see what he actually does post-streak.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Frk it

I believe we were speaking to trading tatar or nyquist for a 1st or high end prospect

I was referring to that return specifically when I said he wasnt tradeable and specifically said "unless we take a bad contract in return."

come on now lets be sure not to jump to conclusions

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
The team is competing next year, gameplan wise. They're not trading their best defenseman who is under contract for another year and a top six winger. .

their gameplan is wrong

its time for a new gameplan

not an overhaul but a new approach otherwise you will see the same result but with less focus on what truly matters

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Frk it

I believe we were speaking to trading tatar or nyquist for a 1st or high end prospect

I was referring to that return specifically when I said he wasnt tradeable and specifically said "unless we take a bad contract in return."

come on now lets be sure not to jump to conclusions

Ok I missed that. That's fine then.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Prior to the Washington game, I wanted a push for the playoffs. I thought it was somehow still possible with bad teams in our division. We're the worst of the bunch. I've lived this season in denial though I predicted a playoff miss. Get me up to date with top top ten talent. Really only know about Nolan Patrick. I have finally learned to accept fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad