Golf: The Official Ryder Cup Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It amazes me how there is a captain, and FIVE vice captains for a team of 12 players where only 8 play at a time.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
truly an insane short game/pitch shot from Mcilroy on 17

If you don’t play golf it’s hard to know how good and hard that was

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What a birdie by Cantlay… us has a sliver of life, 5 down

Zinger agrees with me, Cantlay story is BS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Cantlay isn’t getting paid, he sure ain’t playing like it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Totally haven’t gotten into the golf this week. Was excited, and then I kind of realized I’ve grown tired of this event. I’m not waking up in the middle of the night for this. It’s the event we all use to get over that the majors just ended and we have to wait until April for them again.

Looks like the American team has lit itself on fire, like usual. Phil Mickelson not even involved this time, but straight out of his book.

My one real take is Rory. This guy is such a phony. Journalists love him, and maybe if you’re from Northern Ireland you will also, but I’ve never warned up to him. He was freaking sobbing after losing some Ryder Cup matches when his team got blown out last time and now he’s getting into fights with caddies in the parking lot when it’s going his way. Maybe he should put all that energy into the majors when he comes out flat every single final round that he’s in the mix. It kind of rings hollow that you’re some big alpha when you suck in the biggest spots in the individual events. Sorry, I had to say it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Totally haven’t gotten into the golf this week. Was excited, and then I kind of realized I’ve grown tired of this event. I’m not waking up in the middle of the night for this. It’s the event we all use to get over that the majors just ended and we have to wait until April for them again.

Looks like the American team has lit itself on fire, like usual. Phil Mickelson not even involved this time, but straight out of his book.

My one real take is Rory. This guy is such a phony. Journalists love him, and maybe if you’re from Northern Ireland you will also, but I’ve never warned up to him. He was freaking sobbing after losing some Ryder Cup matches when his team got blown out last time and now he’s getting into fights with caddies in the parking lot when it’s going his way. Maybe he should put all that energy into the majors when he comes out flat every single final round that he’s in the mix. It kind of rings hollow that you’re some big alpha when you suck in the biggest spots in the individual events. Sorry, I had to say it.
Nah.
it never ceases to amaze how muricans are all good with people acting like asshole, as long as it’s your tribe.
By any objective measure, Lacava acted like an asshole.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nah.
it never ceases to amaze how muricans are all good with people acting like asshole, as long as it’s your tribe.
By any objective measure, Lacava acted like an asshole.
What did he do that’s so bad?

Complete overreaction and fake outrage to be mad at a caddie cheering. I say this as someone who dislikes Cantlay more than probably any player on both teams. But his caddie did nothing wrong. Plenty have over-celebrated. Rarely does anyone make such a big deal over it.

Reactions: MAHJ71

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Typical pro USA take. LaCava's antics were incredibly juvenile and have no part in any pro tournament let alone the Ryder Cup. If Johnson had any cojones at all he would have suspended him for today.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Europe has 2 points pretty much in the bag here with Hovland and Rory. 1 1/2 to go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad