The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
To my dying days I will never understand this complaint. Do those people understand where they are and what type of event it is? If things are too loud and crazy for you then you are in the wrong place. I don't go to church on Sunday and wonder why it's so darn quiet. Utterly ridiculous.

I agree 100%, though I will say I've had people in my section get too rowdy for even my liking, so I have to concede that everyone has their own tolerance for it. I mean I've literally had people behind me yell the entire game. And not even swear words, just yelling over and over about everything like they are coaching the team from the 200-level lol. But yeah I mean general cheering for things and some raucousness should be expected at a hockey game.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
I agree 100%, though I will say I've had people in my section get too rowdy for even my liking, so I have to concede that everyone has their own tolerance for it. I mean I've literally had people behind me yell the entire game. And not even swear words, just yelling over and over about everything like they are coaching the team from the 200-level lol. But yeah I mean general cheering for things and some raucousness should be expected at a hockey game.

It's not a free for all obviously, it's just the notion that there is too much noise and excitement at a hockey game that gets to me...

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
If some think that Devils games are bad, they really haven't gotten out of the house much.

Sporting event or the dooche bag double latte line at starbucks, there are going to be loud idiots everywhere.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
To my dying days I will never understand this complaint. Do those people understand where they are and what type of event it is? If things are too loud and crazy for you then you are in the wrong place. I don't go to church on Sunday and wonder why it's so darn quiet. Utterly ridiculous.

I've been to some pretty loud churches. :dunno: Seems like a weird comparison to make.

We'll have to disagree on this, but there's a relatively appropriate time to be loud at a sporting event in my opinion. Yelling for the sake of yelling, especially wrong things or foul names, when no one else is yelling anything at all is just obnoxious. Of course it's a sporting event, so you have to expect some of it, but there's definitely a line.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
I mean I've literally had people behind me yell the entire game. And not even swear words, just yelling over and over about everything like they are coaching the team from the 200-level lol.

THIS annoys me more than anything. I don't know what it is, but since the days at the Meadowlands I've always had the upper deck coach sitting behind me and yelling instructions to the players. What makes it worse is that they're ALWAYS the dumbest person in the arena. I just hate people that love to hear themselves.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
There's a reason why Toronto wants to get rid of Kadri. You would think he would be part of their rebuild. I rather gamble and go after ROR if Lou can grab some more draft picks.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Just to provide some perspective, tonight's crowd is about what it was for both the Nov. 15th @ Caps game and the Jan. 29th Jets @ Flyers games I went to.. Both were announced as sellouts

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just to provide some perspective, tonight's crowd is about what it was for both the Nov. 15th @ Caps game and the Jan. 29th Jets @ Flyers games I went to.. Both were announced as sellouts

Expect more fans to trickle in.
An accident shut down lanes of 280.
Have a beer and enjoy the game. LOL

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Expect more fans to trickle in.
An accident shut down lanes of 280.
Have a beer and enjoy the game. LOL

Yup it's definitely more full now than those games were lol. Haven't really seen big lines for concessions are at the bar though. The Islanders fans were wayyy more thirsty

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Is it me, or does it seem like the reps just don't care if people aren't renewing.

Kind of a bad attitude, considering the fact that part of their pay is based on commission. Makes me wonder if they understand the definition of commission.

Secondly, why was Shawn in Philly tonight and not in NJ? I mean, he is only head of sales for the team... I know, they told me because they like to share business practices that the 76ers use...the 76ers, pretty much the laughing stock of all sports. That's like asking Bernie Maddoff for financial advice.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why would the reps not care? Shoot, they're going seat to seat at games now getting renewals :laugh:

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Why would the reps not care? Shoot, they're going seat to seat at games now getting renewals :laugh:

They aren't doing that downstairs.

My area downstairs, there's a lot of people who are fed up...Tickets going from around $58 up to around $72 will do that.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Great survey, but very true that on-ice performance and general negativity will skew everything to more negative than if the team was leading the division, but I also think they know that. For instance, the pre-season BBQ and new perks program was miles ahead of previous years, but does anyone care when the team stinks and prices go up?

I also think one thing to take into account is that a lot of fans don't know the experience at other arenas. I mean, our game day experience is miles ahead of Boston, Philly, and Washington to name a few I've been to recently (difference being their arenas are packed anyway and loud so the atmosphere has a much greater buzz). But before I experienced those arenas, I thought ours wasn't great. So I think a lack of perspective leaves people thinking it's much better everywhere else you go.

Anyway, my one improvement (I have a few but they asked for one) was to add an exclusive STH lounge/club with premium food and bar. Make the STH feel like a VIP at a game since sometimes the random fan next to them is paying less from StubHub for basically the same experience. But I said it has to be accessible to me during intermissions from the 200-level otherwise it'll be pointless. I think that space along the glass wall behind 229 could be a cool STH lounge for people in the upper level.

I agree with this, I just finished filling out the survey. I think that they have done a really good job for the most part and they really do give us a lot. I just tried to emphasize that the pricing structure makes no sense. It's great that we get all these perks but they shouldn't be the cause of the increase. People come for the hockey not all the extra fluff and when the team stinks and there's really no demand for the tickets , a price increase throughout most of the arena is very ballsy. But I've been very happy about everything else they've been doing for the fans outside of the price increases.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Look into the $50 lowers or the $49 center mezzanine sections (excellent ice view).

I'd rather stay in my seats that will now be $61.

The price and hockey team is not why I'm mad.

My benefits have been slashed, but I'm "getting" more. Everything that I used to get, I don't get anymore. Everything that is worthless, is what I'm offered.

I haven't even scratched the surface on the atmosphere of the place. Hugh Weber has sucked out the electricity in the building in the name of...I don't know what in the name of, because it doesn't make any sense.

There's no way Hugh will be able to last next season. Once renewals are coming in below 75%, then I'm sure ownership will be looking to make a change.

Want to know how bad renewals are right now? Day 6 of renewals, I was offered a suite for 1 game next season, more rewards points, and the whammy game if I signed up right then and there.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
You mention your benefits getting slashed, but what specifically? I'm getting more food/bev than previous years for renewing early and the perks program offered me more benefits that I actually got to select myself.

In terms of atmosphere, I doubt the Devils Dancers would be pumping the crowd up much. And people complained to no end about the Diablos even though they brought noise to an otherwise quiet building. The team is allowing the You Suck vuvuzela, so no one can honestly complain that it's gone, when really they could easily ban the damn horn if they wanted to... What gets the atmosphere back to what we're used to is a team as successful as what we've been used to. Last night, the arena was fairly dead until that first goal. The crowd got way more into it, and after the second goal it was practically game 6 of a playoff series. There's nothing anyone, other than the team on the ice, can do to replicate that without a winning and exciting team.

Trekkie, you are the perfect example of how "winning makes the burgers taste better". The STH experience was garbage until Eric came here in 2010, but no one cared that much because we didn't know any better and the team was winning.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
You mention your benefits getting slashed, but what specifically? I'm getting more food/bev than previous years for renewing early and the perks program offered me more benefits that I actually got to select myself.

In terms of atmosphere, I doubt the Devils Dancers would be pumping the crowd up much. And people complained to no end about the Diablos even though they brought noise to an otherwise quiet building. The team is allowing the You Suck vuvuzela, so no one can honestly complain that it's gone, when really they could easily ban the damn horn if they wanted to... What gets the atmosphere back to what we're used to is a team as successful as what we've been used to. Last night, the arena was fairly dead until that first goal. The crowd got way more into it, and after the second goal it was practically game 6 of a playoff series. There's nothing anyone, other than the team on the ice, can do to replicate that without a winning and exciting team.

Trekkie, you are the perfect example of how "winning makes the burgers taste better". The STH experience was garbage until Eric came here in 2010, but no one cared that much because we didn't know any better and the team was winning.

First, I miss Eric.

First slash: When renewing my account, I would select "upgrade 4 games" This would get me 4 tickets into the ice/fire lounge. Last season, they changed it where I had to pay in full to get it. Remember, no more free food in lounges. This benefit looks like it is gone (I didn't see it in my renewal).

Second slash: Opportunity at the best rewards/prizes. Before the points system, I had a 1% chance to get a suite for a game. Since I'm at 13 years, I have a lot of people picking in front of me, thus removing any opportunity of having a suite.

Third slash: I am a gold circle member. All team signings were exclusive to me at the meadowlands. At the Rock, they became exclusive to me and club seats. Then under Eric, they opened it up to everyone, but limited how many player events people could select (I had every event being a gold member). I honestly didn't mind, I felt it was good for the fan base. BUT now I have to use points for events that I am contractually guaranteed access to AND everyone can go to every event, that it has now overcrowded them.

Fourth slash: Ice cream suite. It used to be held in suite 233 (or 234), in a double wide suite designed for 40 people. Rarely, would the suite be jammed packed. Now they moved it to a 16 person suite, that seems like they overbook for every game. The one time I was in there, they had put 30 people into a 16 person suite. Now due to me having the ice cream suite (or when I'm upgraded), I always give my reps my tickets so they can upgrade someone from the 200's to downstairs tickets. I ended up having to sneak back down to my seats (I sat right in front of them). On a side note, if I can't make a game due to weather, I will email my rep and tell them to print my tickets and upgrade someone for the evening.

5th Slash: In-game presentation. I can't speak for others, but my normal work week is 60 hours. I go to have fun. I'm not paying $10k+ per season to strictly watch hockey. If that were the case, I'd just go watch the local high school team. But I go for fun. And yes, I can admit, in years past, I'd still have fun when they lose. Here's a list of fun things that have been removed: Goal song, dancers, Happy gilmore video, Tony soprano video, David buddy video, Kevin Smith video, Danny Devito video, Beatles night, original ending to kiss cam where it shows opposing team's fan seating by themselves, fan no longer selected to open up game with let's go devils chant (I was actually the first one when they implemented it), NJ-opposing team location where we get to cheer and boo, Birthday list is no longer one name at a time (now it's just a list), score-o (these races are minor league garbage). The real sad thing, this is so easy to correct. A lot of what I listed, is what added to the atmosphere at the rock. When talking to many different fans, the general consensus I get back is that something is missing when going to the games.

6th slash: This can probably be combined with slash #5, but de-deviling the arena. What do I mean by this? Pictures of the NJ Devils have been taken down this season, all in the name of showing that this arena caters to concerts as well. I doubt Bruce Springsteen cares if his picture is on one of the pillars at the Rock, I highly doubt that is a consideration if he plays there or not. I LOVED when I went to concerts before this season, and everywhere you looked it was NJ Devils everywhere. I always felt it was their best advertisement.

7th slash: The word no. Every time I have asked my rep for something extra, the answer has been no. what boils my blood about this, is that I spend $10k+ on my season package, plus the several thousand more on extra tickets, and several nights during the season I let them use my tickets to upgrade people. No offense to anyone else, but I do feel like the season ticket holder that needs to be duplicated.

8th Slash: Goal Bar. For concerts and shows, the goal bar was exclusive only for season ticket holders of the Devils (unless it was someone like the Stones playing). Now that they are being converted to mini-suites, we lose out on that benefit.

Overall, I feel like children are running the business side of this team. Prior to Hugh Weber, I always felt the attitude of the team is that they were fortunate to have all of their season ticket holders. Didn't matter if the plan was $2k, $5k, $10k, or $20k. Now, it feels like they have the exact same attitude as the Jets, and that is that WE are lucky to be a season ticket holder of theirs. I can't be the only one who felt like part of a family under Vanderbeek and feel like a number under Hugh Weber.

Don't forget, prior to 2010, we still had a great atmosphere in the building. The benefits side was lacking for the fan average fan, that can't be disputed. On a side note, I also have season tickets to the Jets. Until this season they never had a rewards program...theirs, IMO, is just as bad as the Devils. I'm a big fan of the benefits system Eric put into place. I hate what was implemented this season. From people I have spoken to, seems like anyone who wasn't a day 1 selector hates it as well.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Not sure what thread to put this, but the Devils and Coors have paired up with some NJ bars for specials during games.
See if your favorite or local bar is on the list & plan meet-ups for away games?

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=104196

Tilted Kilt • Hamilton
Wicked Wolf • Hoboken
Woody's Roadside • Farmingdale
Shore House Bar and Grill • Point Pleasant
Tuscan Bistro • Toms River
Ryan's Pub • Monroe
The Ale House • Hoboken
Chubby Pickle • Highlands
Globe • Red Bank
Brownstone • Metuchen
Woody's Roadside Tavern • Farmingdale
The Shore House Bar and Grill • Point Pleasant Beach
Tuscan Bistro Bar • Toms River
Ale House Tavern & Tap • South Amboy
Ryan's Pub & Sports Bar • Monroe Township
Jack's Goal Line Stand • Long Branch
Olde Court Jester • Freehold
Orange Lantern • Paramus
McGovern's Tavern • Newark
Underdog Lounge • Haledon
Verona Inn • Verona
Scotland Yard • Hoboken
Marlin's Café • Point Pleasant Beach
River Rock • Brick

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I know this question has been asked a thousand times but I have a buddy who's attending the WWE event tonight at Pru Center and he has the PDF tickets in an email attachment. Will they be able to scan or does he have to do something with the file before he goes to the gate tonight?

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I know this question has been asked a thousand times but I have a buddy who's attending the WWE event tonight at Pru Center and he has the PDF tickets in an email attachment. Will they be able to scan or does he have to do something with the file before he goes to the gate tonight?

Prudential center scanners handle mobile tickets fine.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Jon Stewart is supposed to be part of the show tonight

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
I wish there were more Devils Jerseys tonight.

I'll make the next televised show from WWE at the Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad