The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Last month, my rep approached me with the idea of going with Membership subscription for next season (after I told him I could only make a little over half the games).

He advised that Membership would give me flexibility to choose my games and also switch up my seating locations if I choose. Ex: Club Seats one night, 200 level the next game.

I believe the minimum payment commitment is $2,500.
Discounting will not be as good as what full season ticket get, which makes sense, but it will be better than box office & more along the lines of what was billed to half season ticket holders this year.

You can choose your games before the season and add the amount of tix per game or even other games as the season progresses if you pay more into your membership account.

It will also give you access to the player events and payment options.
If you pay in full by I believe March 1, you also get a 10% food/beverage/merchandise credit of what you pay.

Call your rep for details and to confirm what I was told.

I think they want to hold off on advertising this until after their current STHers renew for full seasons first.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Didn't have time to post in the GDT on Friday but my thoughts on the Platinum Club.

- I was in row 6 in section 19 or 20, just off center. It was great seats
- Sushi was still being served on the right side
- Rib eye steak and the variety of macaroni & cheese (buffalo chicken = amazing)
- Buffet in general was great
- Saw Cangi (he's pretty short) in the men's room and Dano hanging around the rib eye steak section after the 2nd

Overall, it was an awesome experience and I was stuffed.

JWomp

Jan 8, 2008
Didn't have time to post in the GDT on Friday but my thoughts on the Platinum Club.

- I was in row 6 in section 19 or 20, just off center. It was great seats
- Sushi was still being served on the right side
- Rib eye steak and the variety of macaroni & cheese (buffalo chicken = amazing)
- Buffet in general was great
- Saw Cangi (he's pretty short) in the men's room and Dano hanging around the rib eye steak section after the 2nd

Overall, it was an awesome experience and I was stuffed.

How does the Platinum Club work? What types of tickets have access - only select Club Seats? And is it all-you-can-eat, like the Club Seats used to be, or a la carte, where you have to pay for everything individually?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
How does the Platinum Club work? What types of tickets have access - only select Club Seats? And is it all-you-can-eat, like the Club Seats used to be, or a la carte, where you have to pay for everything individually?

I know in the past, you had to either buy an "all arena events" pass or you had to buy 10 tickets together for one game at about $550 a piece.. The only other way to gain access was via renewal prizes, which is how I got in both times.

Inside, yeah it's an all you can eat buffet with several stations. The first time I went, back in 2009 - 2010, it was the same food as in the clubs. In 2013, the food was a bit more upscale than the clubs with more options as well.

But my favorite part has always been constant, a sushi chef on hand taking your orders. He makes a variety of rolls but you can also make requests. For a sushi addict, there's nothing better.

Oh, and it's not open bar. There's also a couple meeting rooms down there and most are plain, but back in 2013 I saw the most bizzare thing. This family of 4 walked into the PL, and all the security knew who they were, as if they come regularly. Then the family went into one of the rooms down there only it wasn't a plain meeting room like the rest. It looked like a game room or den in a luxurious house. Had some nice couches, home-like furnishings, and a giant TV (I only caught a glimpse as the door closed). The family was watching the game in there but coming out for the buffet (and the father had a big gut, looked a lot like Mario Batali though I can say it wasn't him). Just bizarre to be at a game and watch it on TV. I've always wondered who that was and why they had this room.

Last edited:

JWomp

Jan 8, 2008
I know in the past, you had to either buy an "all arena events" pass or you had to buy 10 tickets together for one game at about $550 a piece.. The only other way to gain access was via renewal prizes, which is how I got in both times.

But technically, you could get tickets on StubHub that happen to have the Platinum Lounge designation, right?

I've always wanted to try it at least once...I wonder if it's still all-you-can-eat even with the changes to the Club sections.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
But technically, you could get tickets on StubHub that happen to have the Platinum Lounge designation, right?

I've always wanted to try it at least once...I wonder if it's still all-you-can-eat even with the changes to the Club sections.

I believe the Platinum Lounge and the Restaurant have all you can eat status still. Even some suites you get free food. I had a suite for the Vancouver game and they had free mac and cheese, sandwiches, chicken fingers and stuff. Nothing like the Restaurant and PL of course though.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
I got my tix through a vendor I work with and her nephew works for the team. My tix said it was work just under $200 but that was for the seat by itself.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

I'm sure you can because I know when I go to list my tickets on StubHub there's an option to display them as being Platinum Lounge seats, but StubHub is stupid and won't let you filter your search by it. And since the actual seats are always in the Fire Lounge club sections, you'd have to click on every listing in those sections and read the comments to know if you were buying seats with PL access.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Personally I don't see the PL changing, considering that's the type of corp customers they want to focus on more of... IMHO.

Yeah for sure. And the "all event pass/ticket" thing you need to buy in order to gain access to it is exactly like what they are doing the with Goal Bar suites next year. It's also a fairly small space so they have to keep it somewhat exclusive anyway.

What I'm curious about is how they are going to reconfigure the clubs. If only the center section in the Fire Lounge was staying all-you-can-eat, I could have seen them opening the Platinum Lounge up as the space for that, and allowing all other fans in the building to go into the Fire Lounge for food and drinks. But since the center section of the Ice Lounge will be AYCE as well, they obviously won't be installing a club underneath that section to match.

I think some on here said they would be completely renovating the clubs, but I can't recall any specifics. As it stands now, they are too large IMO for just the center sections to utilize them. But how much reconfiguring could they possibly do? It would also be kind of awkward if they just designate a roped-off portion of the clubs for the AYCE sections.

Last edited:

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I'm curious, and if anyone with sales experience wants to chime in please do so.

Which is a more valuable client to the Devils? A full season ticket holder spending $3000 for a pair, or someone buying this new membership pack at $5000 for a pair?

drewbee30

Apr 22, 2012
Brick, NJ
I'm curious, and if anyone with sales experience wants to chime in please do so.

Which is a more valuable client to the Devils? A full season ticket holder spending $3000 for a pair, or someone buying this new membership pack at $5000 for a pair?

I believe when you put a deposit down for the membership, you get to choose how many people to bring and the seating location. It seems to be just setting up credit into an account. It doesn't really make too much sense though, considering I already pay $3000 for 2 seats. Why get rid of the weekend and weekday plans that work for some people? I was considering dropping down to a weekend plan, but now may just stay with my seasons!

Devils Nick30

Sep 7, 2010
New Jersey
Why did they decide it was a good idea to do the alumni game in the practice arena? They could have picked a different date if they knew there was going to be a conflict...

leftwing

May 26, 2007
I believe when you put a deposit down for the membership, you get to choose how many people to bring and the seating location. It seems to be just setting up credit into an account. It doesn't really make too much sense though, considering I already pay $3000 for 2 seats. Why get rid of the weekend and weekday plans that work for some people? I was considering dropping down to a weekend plan, but now may just stay with my seasons!

Flexibility. Works great for families especially with older kids and threesomes.

I've got two kids, sometimes I go with one, sometimes with both. Under the plan I could take 2 or 3 seats as I need. I don't get their hockey schedules (travel and HS) until August, works there too. Older one has a job, flex there too. Not to mention ACT, PARCC, NJASK, and regular exams.

There is no good STH solution for a sometimes party of three - I've had four ST and been 'the guy' to all my kid's friends as they got a lot of games. I've had two ST and when the three of us wanted to go together I had to trade out of the two and into three if we were to sit together. (That last point is a very sore one. A couple years ago I got labelled a broker because I frequently sold my pair to bring both kids. The rep could not comprehend that I was selling two so I could buy three thereby getting another butt in the arena...)

I need to find time to get hold of a rep this week. Unless the Devils find a way (as too usual) to screw up a good concept by putting meaningless but onerous restrictions on it, the idea of having a credit to use as I please for (near) STH priced single game purchases is a great idea.

As a regular season 15 or so game attendee in either two or three seats with an uncertain schedule there really is no other good option than giving up my STs at this point. And no way in hell am I going to pay box office.

Last edited:

drewbee30

Apr 22, 2012
Brick, NJ
Flexibility. Works great for families especially with older kids and threesomes.

I've got two kids, sometimes I go with one, sometimes with both. Under the plan I could take 2 or 3 seats as I need. I don't get their hockey schedules (travel and HS) until August, works there too. Older one has a job, flex there too. Not to mention ACT, PARCC, NJASK, and regular exams.

There is no good STH solution for a sometimes party of three - I've had four ST and been 'the guy' to all my kid's friends as they got a lot of games. I've had two ST and when the three of us wanted to go together I had to trade out of the two and into three if we were to sit together. (That last point is a very sore one. A couple years ago I got labelled a broker because I frequently sold my pair to bring both kids. The rep could not comprehend that I was selling two so I could buy three thereby getting another butt in the arena...)

I need to find time to get hold of a rep this week. Unless the Devils find a way (as too usual) to screw a good concept up by putting meaningless but onerous restrictions on it, the idea of having a credit to use as I please for (near) STH priced single game purchases is a great idea.

As a regular season 15 or so game attendee in either two or three seats with an uncertain schedule there really is no other good option than giving up my STs at this point. And no way in hell am I going to pay box office.

Great points, you definitely gave me a different view on the pluses of this package. However you still need to drop $2500 into the account. I'm in my offseason as far as jobs go, so it always tough to drop the full amount right now and the weekend plan was my fall back. They could be bluffing me, and knowing them, will launch a weekend plan late September. Not everyone has the ability to drop a deposit like that, and it seems like they may be forcing people's hands into buying from the box office next year. i guess you could always go to the pay monthly plan, but I personally don't like doing that,

leftwing

May 26, 2007
Agree on the monthly rate, don't like that and try to avoid.

Another thought on the 'credit' package is that it would likely have me upgrading from my current seats. I can easily see a game we would pick when three of us are available (probably a less desirable one) and wing it on the ledge or clubs.

leftwing

May 26, 2007
And, lastly, what a great way to recoup 'shares' who may have left. I know A LOT of guys who started with individual clubs, then shared, and as it got too complicated just said the heck with it.

This program is basically a 'share' with the Devils as your partner and you get first choice when splitting.

Seriously, the more I think of this plan the more I like it. Why the heck are they keeping it under wraps?

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015

IMO, the weekday games will be even more dead.

Just look at last night's game. Attendance was listed at 12k. There was no way there were 12k people there last night. It was that empty.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Attendance was listed at 12k. There was no way there were 12k people there last night. It was that empty.

Attendance numbers are always the number of ticket distributed, paid + comp I believe. Not the actual number of people who scan through the turnstile.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Attendance numbers are always the number of ticket distributed, paid + comp I believe. Not the actual number of people who scan through the turnstile.

Yep.

As for your original question, until we actually see the details of the Membership Program (MP) it's hard to give an answer.

STH renewals should be easier for them to book compared to finding new business.

Assuming that most STHers just renew their seats and don't add other seats, it's somewhat of a guaranteed & fixed revenue stream, per year.

With MP, subscribers can deposit funds to their "bank", so it has a higher ceiling of potential revenues.
You could start with $2,500 and keep adding to it as the season progresses.

The Devils sales reps may also get spiffed (bonus) for selling new MPs or even new full Season Ticket plans.

Aside from an overview conversation with my rep, I have not seen the details nor fine print.
MP has potential to be highly advantageous for fans that don't want to/can't attend most of the games but do want to go to a lot of them.

It should give them a lot of flexibility, but let's wait & see until the lion gets out of the cage.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Yep.

As for your original question, until we actually see the details of the Membership Program (MP) it's hard to give an answer.

STH renewals should be easier for them to book compared to finding new business.

Assuming that most STHers just renew their seats and don't add other seats, it's somewhat of a guaranteed & fixed revenue stream, per year.

With MP, subscribers can deposit funds to their "bank", so it has a higher ceiling of potential revenues.

The Devils sales reps may also get spiffed (bonus) for selling new MPs or even new full Season Ticket plans.

Aside from an overview conversation with my rep, I have not seen the details nor fine print.
MP has potential to be highly advantageous for fans that don't want to/can't attend most of the games but do want to go to a lot of them.

It should give them a lot of flexibility, but let's wait & see until the lion gets out of the cage.

Last season, their renewal rate was 85%. I don't think they'll break 75% this year. Season ticket holders are unhappy.

Hugh will definitely be on the hot seat after this summer.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
Yep.

DD email your rep , I was able to get a PDF flyer with more info about the membership plan for a friend from my rep when I emailed her about it. You basically put a 2500 down payment down and then you pick the games and seat locations in August with the ability to add more games and $$ at a later date. You keep your tenure as a "Devils Member" but the benefits are somewhat scaled back compared to being a full season ticket holder (at least that what it looks like on the form) and there are even pre-made benefit packages called the "Business Lifestyle" and "Family Lifestyle" benefits.

Edit: I attached the flyer

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
When you guys paid for your season tickets on the membership website did the invoice immediately drop off in the my account section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad