The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Last night they had between 150-180 people attempt to win their tickets for next season with Score-O, no one scored. There were some awful shots last night and definitely some laughter.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Anyone else get the email about getting a picture with the Stanley Cup (which will be in the building this Sunday) if STH membership is renewed by this Friday? Not a bad idea but wonder if they are starting to sweat regarding renewals.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My section party is supposed to be Sunday too, hopefully it doesn't overlap too much with the photo lol. Don't really need the photo though since I got one taken at the draft along with a real old one in 2003 when Dano made an appearance on a local radio station.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
My section party is supposed to be Sunday too, hopefully it doesn't overlap too much with the photo lol. Don't really need the photo though since I got one taken at the draft along with a real old one in 2003 when Dano made an appearance on a local radio station.

I think the Cup photos are during the game, so there won't be any conflict (other than, say, if you want to see the game :))

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Anyone else get the email about getting a picture with the Stanley Cup (which will be in the building this Sunday) if STH membership is renewed by this Friday? Not a bad idea but wonder if they are starting to sweat regarding renewals.

They are desperate.

Why not advertise this from the start?

I'm not renewing, unless they blow my socks off with an unbelievable offer. Remember, on day 6 of renewals, I was offered a suite for 1 game next season if I signed up right then and there.

Here is their biggest problem, on the business side of the operations, they have children running the show. Whenever I talk to the blonde lady, I think her name is Danielle, all I ever hear from her is just excuses. Literally, it is just one excuse after another. She sounds like my 6 year old niece. She was so proud when she told me that they are listening to my complaints. When I asked her what the course of action they are taking to correct them, she said they had none, but that they were listening. Which I then told her that they should stop listening and start implementing, because listening doesn't impress me…children know how to listen. Then the following question, she totally stepped right into it. She asked me what makes me think I know so much, my response was: "Unlike you, I'm profitable (I am a small business owner)." Combative = childish One excuse after another = childish

I also have a new rep this season…what a huge letdown from Rusty (my old rep). Either the Devils have completely tied his (new rep) hands or he doesn't understand sales at all.

The sad thing, most of the problems season ticket holders are having with the organization are all self inflicted wounds.

Last edited:

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
I have to agree with Trekkie in regards to Danielle. I have no use for her really and I've found the few times people have interacted with her, her approach to the situations is on the childish side.

As far as the Cup goes. They probably had to make sure it would be available to have in the building before they could send anything out. Also, getting my picture with the Stanley Cup is not an incentive to renew.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Anyone that didn't renew before March 1 and missed out on a chunk of the food card I don't think a picture is going to be a bigger incentive for renewing than that. It is interesting they're trying to tie it to renewal though.

Honestly most of the complaints the reps get I'm not sure really they can do much more than listen and be a go between. If you really want suggestions heard by someone that can do something besides be a sounding board and make suggestions I'd think the guy who inherited Eric's job would be the go to guy. I always looked at reps as people that just took care of basic issues like needing extra tickets or having to schedule the stupid scoreo thing.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Anyone that didn't renew before March 1 and missed out on a chunk of the food card I don't think a picture is going to be a bigger incentive for renewing than that. It is interesting they're trying to tie it to renewal though.

Honestly most of the complaints the reps get I'm not sure really they can do much more than listen and be a go between. If you really want suggestions heard by someone that can do something besides be a sounding board and make suggestions I'd think the guy who inherited Eric's job would be the go to guy. I always looked at reps as people that just took care of basic issues like needing extra tickets or having to schedule the stupid scoreo thing.

Here is your guy:

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/shawn-doss/31/548/12b?trk=pub-pbmap

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey

Just checked and the March 1st deadline is for paid in full memberships to get 10% of the plan cost back for concessions. Those that renew by March 21st, regardless of pay in full or payment plan, still get 5% back. I was not considering paying in full due to the forfeiture clauses in the fine print so am not motivated to renew just yet. Figure dragging it out versus my usual renewal on the first day will be my small, silent protest.

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
I have to agree with Trekkie in regards to Danielle. I have no use for her really and I've found the few times people have interacted with her, her approach to the situations is on the childish side.

What is it that she does????

I know the Devils are trying to market themselves to children…having a higher up acting childish is not the way to go.

A couple weeks ago, I had asked her what changes they will be making next season. She said probably none. So I asked why. She said that people haven't been complaining as much lately, so they changes they have made are working. So I said "Wait a minute, your barometer of success is based on ticket holders who are tired of complaining??? "

The first question I ever asked her (couple months ago), is why did we switch up our rewards to the points system. Her response was: "Other teams are doing it." Again, the response of a child.

Last edited:

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Just checked and the March 1st deadline is for paid in full memberships to get 10% of the plan cost back for concessions. Those that renew by March 21st, regardless of pay in full or payment plan, still get 5% back. I was not considering paying in full in the slightest due to the forfeiture clauses in the fine print so am not motivated to renew just yet. Figure dragging it out versus my usual renewal on the first day will be my small silent protest.

I'd say wait until they sweeten the deal to where you can't refuse.

I've been talking to ticket holders who sit near me…that section is going to be awfully empty next season.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
What is it that she does????

I know the Devils are trying to market themselves to children…having a higher up acting childish is not the way to go.

Edit: My mistake, you're referring to VP of Marketing right? I'd approach Shawn Doss (DD linked his LinkedIn above) on ticket related issues. Not sure why they'd have a VP of Marketing involved with renewals. Leave that to the sales side

Last edited:

Trekkie1978

Feb 4, 2015
Edit: My mistake, you're referring to VP of Marketing right? I'd approach Shawn Doss (DD linked his LinkedIn above) on ticket related issues. Not sure why they'd have a VP of Marketing involved with renewals. Leave that to the sales side

She can't be, she sits in and helps run all of the complaint committee meetings…sorry, I mean advisory board meetings.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
She can't be, she sits in and helps run all of the complaint committee meetings…sorry, I mean advisory board meetings.

Hopefully someone over there is willing to listen to your concerns and do what they can to keep you a satisfied buying customer.

Last edited:

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
I'd say wait until they sweeten the deal to where you can't refuse.

I've been talking to ticket holders who sit near me…that section is going to be awfully empty next season.

You're downstairs right? Remember you saying that price point got particularly hammered. I am in the cheapest defend twice balconies and most of the increase was due to the state sales tax shenanigans (or as indfin suggested in the ticket thread, borderline consumer fraud) so it seems there is some grumbling but many are renewing.

I thought Danielle was basically entry-level? DD posted a link above if you want to see a higher up with authority.

She is not entry level - according to her linkedin, Danielle has 5 years experience in this field and is manager of the client service reps.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielletoussaint

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You're downstairs right? Remember you saying that price point got particularly hammered. I am in the cheapest defend twice balconies and most of the increase was due to the state sales tax shenanigans (or as indfin suggested in the ticket thread, borderline consumer fraud) so it seems there is some grumbling but many are renewing.

She is not entry level - according to her linkedin, Danielle has 5 years experience in this field and is manager of the client service reps.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielletoussaint

I have not met her yet, the only Danielle I know over there is in marketing:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniellezulauf

Toussaint seems to have experience with an organization that routinely sells out, OKC Thunder. But that is such a different market than New Jersey/New York.
She may need to re-evaluate her approach (attitude adjustment).

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ

Danielle is above the STH Reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad