The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area and Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Sarge18 said:
Ok company man, here we go.

Someone earlier stated it was still Aramark food being served. That's what I was responding to, so it was a topic of discussion.

I was there on July 28th and NOTHING was being worked on, nothing had changed yet, even though they said people would start seeing changes starting July 1st. They basically have 2 weeks to build these stands and train everyone on how to operate them and prepare the food. If, by contract, they can't do this until now, I understand. Something cool they could have done is hand out flyers with the new stands listed and what they'll offer. That would at least get people excited about returning.

The fan club offer is COMPLETELY on the team. The fan club submitted everything they had to, and had everything in order in August. The team promised to have a link up to order tickets by September 1st. How is this on the fan club again?

I've been going to games and just about every pre-season game since the early 90s, and aside from a few at the old dump, this was the smallest crowd I've ever seen for a preseason game. I guess they counted the 2,000 seats they were trying to dump on Stubhub in the attendance figure.

How far in advance do you really think they can train these people? Or how far in advance do you think it's normally done? This is part-time event staff. They work event days. And they are hired seasonally as there are far more event days in the fall/winter/spring with hockey/Seton Hall basketball. Forget whether or not the staff is in place more than a couple of weeks before the season starts. They're not coming in for a month of training in advance of it. It just doesn't happen. I don't know when the contract with aramark ended. Maybe it was July 1. Maybe it was August or September for all we know. The agreement to start with Legends doesn't have to be reflective of a start date of service, so who knows what impact this had on any start date on top of that.

For the Fan Club: if it's a partnership, they need to work together. Has the fan club been following up regularly since submitting everything? Or was it submit everything and sit and wait and take no action from there. Doesn't justify a delay by the team in meeting their end of the deal. But they can't be fully at fault if the other side isn't doing their due diligence as well. Still a two way street for the partnership.

You're just now going to complain about reported attendance figures vs. what's in seat? As if this isn't something that is NEVER accurate for any team in any major sport in this country (aside from blatant sellouts)?

GordonGecko said:
Gotta call BS on that, for the Jets, Yankees & Rangers if you are a premium subscriber you expect the same level of food and service in the Coaches Club, Legends & Delta clubs, especially if you're paying the same premium price. The Jets offer the same level in the preseason. The Yankees don't have preseason, they only had one in the opening year (2009) and the food & service were on the same level as the regular season. I sat in the Madison Club last Monday for the Rangers/Devils game and the food & service was the same as the regular season

Football is a totally different animal. 10 event days total including the pre-season. And for a lot of these buildings, they don't necessarily have the volume of event dates that indoor arenas would anyway. Totally different dynamic to your hiring, training, and usage of staff for an event day.

In regards to the other teams you mention: yes, they may be better at it for this year or in recent years, but how were they in years where it was a new building and/or new caterer? Do you remember what it was like with the Delta Club and some of the 6th floor concessions at MSG after the first year of renovations? Total mess. Crowds/lines were out of hand on the 6th floor. There was the issue of offering/pulling/altering the availability of free food for the seats with access to the Delta club, limiting the access of people in the event level suites from accessing the free food in the clubs, etc. I'm not presently aware what changes were made for the Delta Club/Event Level Suites in the last 2 years, so I couldn't comment on what the current policy is, but it was a mess the first year. The crowd on the 6th floor was fixed when the remainder of the stands were open, lines were better managed/situated amongst the concourse, and in future years after the other renovations were complete. But it's always a work in progress when there are major changes. Pre-season is the time to do the last touches anyway. But big changes take longer. Things were a mess when the Devils switched to Aramark. Now if they're actually changing/re-designing stands, it adds to the time frame that much more.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014
Thinking of changing my season tix from row 3 to row row 1 in the 100's. For anybody who sits in row 1 is it too close to the glass in front of you or would you recommend it?
I am in Row 1, Section 121. No obstruction at all with the glass.
Row 1 anywhere is always good.
I would grab them right now.
Surprised there are any Row 1 seats left.
What section are you looking to upgrade to?

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
I'm not presently aware what changes were made for the Delta Club/Event Level Suites in the last 2 years, so I couldn't comment on what the current policy is...

They now have colored wrist bands that are handed out when you enter. Someone checks your ticket and if your section is eligible, you get a wrist band. No wrist band, no food.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
They now have colored wristbands that are handed out when you enter. Someone checks your ticket and if your section is eligible, you get a wrist band. No wrist band, no food.

So that's how they probably keep the people in the suites out (they tried to stop them from taking it, despite spending more on the box, because they wanted them to order expensive food to go on it. Makes sense, but ridiculous). Did they keep the system where the food is only available during intermissions? Or is it back up throughout the course of the game?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
If they're so dead set against going back to RRP2, they should really start kicking the tires on a new fan vote. I mean, Hugh did say they were doing that for this year.

I don't think I could go through another year of fabricated SNA with that stupid piped-in Let's Go Devils. Cringe worthy.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
For the Fan Club: if it's a partnership, they need to work together. Has the fan club been following up regularly since submitting everything? Or was it submit everything and sit and wait and take no action from there. Doesn't justify a delay by the team in meeting their end of the deal. But they can't be fully at fault if the other side isn't doing their due diligence as well. Still a two way street for the partnership.

I spoke to the fan club president on Sunday night. She's been calling them pretty much every day and getting nowhere. I called group sales myself last Thursday and was told the link would be up and running that very day or Friday at the absolute latest. I'll give them credit, even though it was group sales they tried to push a ticket plan on me. Here we are on Tuesday and you still can't buy tickets for this offer in any way.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
I am in Row 1, Section 121. No obstruction at all with the glass.
Row 1 anywhere is always good.
I would grab them right now.
Surprised there are any Row 1 seats left.
What section are you looking to upgrade to?

Listen to this man. I had 104 row 1 for the 2012 playoff run. I'd still prefer those seats if I had to sit on my legs due to no leg room. All you need is one leaner in front of you if you're in the second row and your view is shot.

Sik02gt

Mar 4, 2013
If they're so dead set against going back to RRP2, they should really start kicking the tires on a new fan vote. I mean, Hugh did say they were doing that for this year.

I don't think I could go through another year of fabricated SNA with that stupid piped-in Let's Go Devils. Cringe worthy.

its so lame it is actually embarrassing, that as well as the now Star Wars themed music they play several times a game it seems like its going to be.. i mean is it a hockey game or comic con.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Let's hope they are getting the high school jerseys cleaned.
Would be stupidity to remove them from the arena.

Kids from these schools and people from their towns identify with them and I always see folks pointing to those jerseys on the concourse.

I also noticed that the get yor jersey on stuff was still there instead of the new marketing slogan.

In other arenas, such as MSG, Caps arena, etc, they have more stuff like that visable from the seats.
I was thinking, the new regime is slowly removing anything to do with our logo within the arena instead of adding more stuff to give it a hometeam/hometown feel like Jeff stressed and did.

The way they presented The Rock last game was BUSH LEAGUE, preseason or not.
They had all summer to prep and be in better condition than now.

Last edited:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
They never should have moved the HS jerseys to one area

Easy to view em all at once and find yours easy, sure but with them spread out it made the concourss and walls they were hung on look cleaner as opposed to bare and it gets people walking around the arena to see their jerseys and the different ones

Hopefully they are just temporarily down becaus this would yet again **** up a good thing they have going....I know I did and all of my former teammates that i go to games with love seeing our HS jersey hanging up plus the parts of the arena that they are reconstructing are to be jersey themed so removing the jerseys would not make sense, but again not much theyve done has made sense

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Starting with Thursday night's game, Monk Room will serve $2 Miller Lite drafts and $3 Fireball shots to anyone in Devils gear on game nights.

Not sure if they will offer this all season, but if you're going to the next 2 preseason games, check it out.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
Starting with Thursday night's game, Monk Room will serve $2 Miller Lite drafts and $3 Fireball shots to anyone in Devils gear on game nights.

Not sure if they will offer this all season, but if you're going to the next 2 preseason games, check it out.

I absolutely love that place. I was really disappointed they closed at 5 on Sunday but that will be a regular pre-game stop for me.

FLEX225

Nov 15, 2007
Bergen County, NJ

All this article did was say "well this isn't complete, but I'm sure it will be by opening night". Click bait. People are seriously just finding things to be annoyed at. It's infuriating. They're rebranding EVERYTHING. September was ridiculously busy for the arena. They were never going to have it done by Sunday. Outside of Devils games, there are 3 events between now and the home opener. There's a reason for that. You're all making these grand assumptions when something isn't even finished.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I absolutely love that place. I was really disappointed they closed at 5 on Sunday but that will be a regular pre-game stop for me.

That's odd they closed at 5 on Sunday, with the NFL games and Devils game it would have been worth their while to stay open til 7:30pm.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So when does MSG give us our own 'Renovations' series? Since according to most we're undergoing a supermassive transformation which is why the interior looks like something out of Sanford and Son? :laugh:

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
So when does MSG give us our own 'Renovations' series? Since according to most we're undergoing a supermassive transformation which is why the interior looks like something out of Sanford and Son? :laugh:

yeah lol, I could see some guy in overalls saying, "hey yo. I painted da walls at the Rock in the fall of '14 fuggedaboutit" :laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

I like that analogy. :handclap:

For an arena only 7 years old, all it takes is some basic upkeep maintenance and window dressing to continue to look "new".

No excuses for the neglect.

While at my seat on Sunday night, I got a feeling that this new regime is sanitizing the fan traditions out of The Rock.
From what we chant, to what we like to hear, to what we like to see and to what we like to experience.

Last edited:

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
While at my seat on Sunday night, I got a feeling that this new regime is sanitizing the fan traditions out of The Rock.
From what we chant, to what we like to hear, to what we like to see and to what we like to experience.

I wonder if the new ownership has evaluated the current core fan base/STH and decided that this group of people is not the long term future of the franchise?

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I wonder if the new ownership has evaluated the current core fan base/STH and decided that this group of people is not the long term future of the franchise?

Of course it's not. The fan base has been in a huge changing pattern since the move to Newark. It's shifting significantly younger in a lot of cases, and a lot different in almost every demographic. It's more urbanized, from much more varied socioeconomic levels, and the last owners and CERTAINLY the new know that corporate revenue and involvement in the arena is what will push them to being cash flow positive.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Of course it's not. The fan base has been in a huge changing pattern since the move to Newark. It's shifting significantly younger in a lot of cases, and a lot different in almost every demographic. It's more urbanized, from much more varied socioeconomic levels, and the last owners and CERTAINLY the new know that corporate revenue and involvement in the arena is what will push them to being cash flow positive.

Yes, I agree that our fan base that regulary attends games has grown to include different demographics due to the location of The Rock in an urban center and the availability of mass transit compared to the prior arena.
And that's a great thing IMO.

This new regime simply cannot afford to alienate the core fanbase that has supported this team through thick and thin from the meadowlands days to now.

We're not the Habs, Yankees or an NFL franchise that pretty much draws no matter what.

I do hope that they are able to generate more corporate revenues through ticket sales and sponsorships-that would bode well for the long term health of the franchise.
However, the lifeblood of the franchise has been and will continue to be the season ticket holder and future season ticket holder that wears Devils gear to games.
Not suits.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
All this article did was say "well this isn't complete, but I'm sure it will be by opening night". Click bait. People are seriously just finding things to be annoyed at. It's infuriating. They're rebranding EVERYTHING. September was ridiculously busy for the arena. They were never going to have it done by Sunday. Outside of Devils games, there are 3 events between now and the home opener. There's a reason for that. You're all making these grand assumptions when something isn't even finished.

:laugh: Dude chill out, take a walk around the block it's a beautiful fall day

If anybody is getting annoyed it's you about other people getting "annyoed" at the fact that the arena looks like Xanadu and when such is the case, why shouldn't people be surprised and bothered that one of the highest grossing arenas in the world, that they also spend their money on/at, looks as such?

The new group has been rebranding and formulating plans for everything since they took over in August of 2013, note 2013 not 2014, not just last month - they've had time. They jumped right into changing things off the bat during and immediately after pre-season in 2013, so well over a year now of figuring things out and planning. We've known officially since June, meaning they knew well before because you know that's part of planning things out, that the arena would be undergoing the food/beverage changes in addition to the boardwalk theme, new team store(s), and other things I'm surely forgetting.

Give em the benefit of the doubt and we'll say they knew in June what their plans were when they first announced these changes - that gives them 4 months to move forward in time for the arena's biggest attraction/events, the Devils. Also give em that events take place over the summer as well and some delays may occur as a result. At the least make somewhat of an attempt to hide some of the blemishes until they are fixed, not PhD required stuff here. However, to not have made much if any progress at all or have an unprepared arena and staff isn't really excusable especially when there are events in place prior to the Devils pre-season even starting as you just said yourself how busy September was.

Why at any point would you want to run out a half-assed image of yourself or anything you are involved in whether it's work related or not? Do you take a **** and neglect to wipe your ass? Do you walk into work after a night of pounding down alcohol looking the way you did when you first opened your eyes in the morning or did ya try to hide the hangover to the best of your ability?

Oh and the reason for posting the link to that article, of course aside from reeling you in which took a ton of worms? To give those here an idea of things with an objective view point that the ILWT guy usually gives. It also showed some of what people are talking about regarding the arena looking like crap

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Yes, I agree that our fan base that regulary attends games has grown to include different demographics due to the location of The Rock in an urban center and the availability of mass transit compared to the prior arena.
And that's a great thing IMO.

This new regime simply cannot afford to alienate the core fanbase that has supported this team through thick and thin from the meadowlands days to now.

We're not the Habs, Yankees or an NFL franchise that pretty much draws no matter what.

I do hope that they are able to generate more corporate revenues through ticket sales and sponsorships-that would bode well for the long term health of the franchise.
However, the lifeblood of the franchise has been and will continue to be the season ticket holder and future season ticket holder that wears Devils gear to games.
Not suits.

How are the Yankees sales going again? Oh, right... they actually hired sales people for the first time, basically ever, recently, right? And NFL attendance has been down in recent years too, in fact. The FCC just overturned forced blackouts I read...

Alienating a fickle, argumentative, never impressed, rarely spending fan base is not an option for the new ownership, because they *have to* do that to attract a different kind of fan. Fans that actually spend money on real (not Chinese $40 knock off) merchandise, tickets (not discount code, broker eating games on Stubhub) and sell premium seats, entertainment, and most critically, luxury suites.

They 100% can, and I will even argue, should push certain types of old fans out.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I also noticed that the get yor jersey on stuff was still there instead of the new marketing slogan.

In other arenas, such as MSG, Caps arena, etc, they have more stuff like that visable from the seats.
I was thinking, the new regime is slowly removing anything to do with our logo within the arena instead of adding more stuff to give it a hometeam/hometown feel like Jeff stressed and did.

The way they presented The Rock last game was BUSH LEAGUE, preseason or not.
They had all summer to prep and be in better condition than now.

It's like that every year with last year's campaigns still in the building during pre-season. Those things usually get delivered in the days/week or two before the regular season starts and all get installed in time for one roll out for opening night. That's just standard practice. Much like items for game presentation won't debut until opening night.

I like that analogy. :handclap:

For an arena only 7 years old, all it takes is some basic upkeep maintenance and window dressing to continue to look "new".

No excuses for the neglect.

It's not that simple. It takes constant work to keep it looking fresh and more than just a little window dressing. The amount of times things have had to be re-painted since it opened is more than a little basic upkeep. Stadiums are a lot like hotels. The need to renovate/update is almost a constant process. Once you finish one component of updating, you're just about due to start work on the next section. That's a large part of why you're seeing a lot of areas updated now. It only takes 10-15 years for a stadium to potentially become significantly out of date. 7 years deep, it takes more than some touch ups to stay "new."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad