The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I don't see Dorion last past this season, even if Melnyk doesn't sell. He is not only Melnyk's doormat, but he is also his fall guy. The guy must have the most stressful job. He has shown a good eye for young talents, but I question his abilities about making decisions on youth development, for example.

Bottomline, GMing is way over his head, perpetuated by self-grave digging owner. A scout playing the role of NHL GM under one of the worst NHL owners ever. And he is getting ridiculed and tarred and feathered for his inept self and owner in public.

I kind of feel bad for him.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

Wilson staying in Dorions good books so he can fleece him again in the future.

Unloading Bodker on us for picks and then getting Karlsson for spare parts, please block this mans number Pierre

What was it that Jim Nill said after snatching Spezza for nothing? 'They targeted the right guys from us'? Something like that.

Déjà vu.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Balcers should be an NHL player. So should Norris. Tierney seems a lot like Pageau. DeMelo is just a waste.

It's not that Balcers, Norris, and Tierney won't become/already are good players, it's that they got traded for the most impactful D in the game and none of them will be impact players for Ottawa when the team is looking to compete again.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Unloading Bodker on us for picks and then getting Karlsson for spare parts, please block this mans number Pierre

Remember what Jim Nill said after the Spezza trade? Yeah pretty much the same thing. How did that turn out?

EDIT: Looks like Ouroboros beat me to it.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013

Wilson is talking about the Avs.

Plus he knows Duchene/Stone are available and sees there's still an electric pencil sharpener on his desk.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
What was it that Jim Nill said after snatching Spezza for nothing? 'They targeted the right guys from us'? Something like that.

Déjà vu.
yea it's the same thing
1x

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Just once I’d like to see the other GM be like “lol honestly I can’t believe we got this deal”. Would be hilarious.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

This is similar to when the used car salesman you just bought a car from informs you that "you got a great deal"...

I made the same concerned look as Friedman did when PR fumbled out the we're a team quote...it's provided me with much needed laughs over the last few days....there's an edit floating around where the delay is like 40 seconds, it's golden!

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This is similar to when the used car salesman you just bought a car from informs you that "you got a great deal"...

I made the same concerned look as Friedman did when PR fumbled out the we're a team quote...it's provided me with much needed laughs over the last few days....there's an edit floating around where the delay is like 40 seconds, it's golden!

The biggest part of the trade for me that can't be justified is the 2nd if San Jose re-signs Karlsson.

Tell me we got a soft package because we couldn't risk Karl getting hurt before trading him at the TDL, fine, whatever. But what justification is there for us only getting a 2nd in the event Karlsson signs in San Jose? It makes no sense.

(Yes, it becomes a 1st if they make it to the final, but that's a statistical long shot)

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I don't see Dorion last past this season, even if Melnyk doesn't sell. He is not only Melnyk's doormat, but he is also his fall guy. The guy must have the most stressful job. He has shown a good eye for young talents, but I question his abilities about making decisions on youth development, for example.

Bottomline, GMing is way over his head, perpetuated by self-grave digging owner. A scout playing the role of NHL GM under one of the worst NHL owners ever. And he is getting ridiculed and tarred and feathered for his inept self and owner in public.

I kind of feel bad for him.

He'll stay.
It took a CBC radio person to ask pointed questions of him. Local media not only lets him off the hook but defends and repeats what he says without a critical eye. Case in point, when Dorion said fans told him they loved everything (and hugs?) no one pointed out this was at Fan Fest...this team will continue to be terrible and the uncurious media, led by sycophants like Bruce Garrioch, Dean Brown, Gord Wilson and (very occasinally) Ian Mendes will not get in Dorion's kitchen with hard, pointed questions. Ever.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The biggest part of the trade for me that can't be justified is the 2nd if San Jose re-signs Karlsson.

Tell me we got a soft package because we couldn't risk Karl getting hurt before trading him at the TDL, fine, whatever. But what justification is there for us only getting a 2nd in the event Karlsson signs in San Jose? It makes no sense.

(Yes, it becomes a 1st if they make it to the final, but that's a statistical long shot)

You don't think they are the favourites in the west?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad