The Official Pete's Tweets Topic

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Pete Friesen ‏@petef08 · 6m
Talent is good, practice is better, passion is best.

Pete Friesen ‏@petef08 · 6m
It's a sign of strength not weakness to admit that you don't know all the answers

Pete Friesen ‏@petef08 · 5m
It's during our failures that we discover out desire for success.

Pete Friesen ‏@petef08 · 4m
Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens.

Message received. Pete is trapped in a motivational poster factory.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
tz6ChI0.jpg

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
If a woman who looks great in yoga pants gets hurt trying a new pose, it's because Pete Friesen was her trainer. :sarcasm:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Senior year of high school out assistant coach decided we should do yoga. I pulled my hamstring as the non flexible polock I am. That was the end of yoga as an off ice activity for our hockey team.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Pete Friesen @petef08
If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere productive.

Traits that don't have numbers with them but more important to evaluate when looking at talent: Enthusiasm, Energy and Mental Toughness!

Success or failure will be determine by how you handle adversity that is thrown your way. Expect the unexpected and make your own momentum.

Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.

I think I'm starting to understand why it appears there's a "lack of effort" from the players during games. If I had these sayings spewed at me during training everyday, I'd stop putting forth the effort out of spite.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He's also starting to channel Tripp now. For a few games in a row a few season's ago say something like: "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard?" or something close to that? I remember hearing it a few games in a row.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I think I'm starting to understand why it appears there's a "lack of effort" from the players during games. If I had these sayings spewed at me during training everyday, I'd stop putting forth the effort out of spite.

lmao those are terrible quotes. I wish I didn't know this because I can never look at him the same. I don't think I would trust someone like that for medical advice.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It always seems like Pete is foreshadowing something or making some kind of commentary on the team.

Of course, he could just be a weird guy with an obsession with motivational one-liners.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It always seems like Pete is foreshadowing something or making some kind of commentary on the team.

Of course, he could just be a weird guy with an obsession with motivational one-liners.

Well he's posted a dozen or so in the last 24 hours so let's go with your second sentence.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well he's posted a dozen or so in the last 24 hours so let's go with your second sentence.

Pete Friesen @petef08 · 22h

There comes a point when you have to realize that you'll never be good enough for some people. Is that your problem or theirs?

Askhole- a person who constantly asks for your advice, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

Talent creates its own opportunities. It sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents.

Coaching is about watching something grow before your eyes, figure out how to make it happen. Develop ways so athletes play within the team.

Teams that share common direction obtain their goals more quickly and easily because they are traveling on the trust of one another.

All seems to be related to the team. Of course, then he posted this:

Pete Friesen
‏@petef08 Is the juice worth squeeze????

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh

I thought we had already established this.

Then again, as I mentioned somewhere else, last night I did have a dream where we traded Eric. And I never dream about hockey. Maybe something is amiss. :scared:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad