The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsn1200lady

Apr 6, 2015
Simmer at 7

Are they bringing back Simmer at 7 on TGOR? I noticed Pierre is back already. Maybe JR realized it is rather redundant since it usually exactly what he said on the Drive the day before or will say later on the drive and usually what he's already hashed out on twitter. Of course if you read his twitter feed these days he seems to be into home decor and home design so maybe he do a segment on home decor. :laugh:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Are they bringing back Simmer at 7 on TGOR? I noticed Pierre is back already. Maybe JR realized it is rather redundant since it usually exactly what he said on the Drive the day before or will say later on the drive and usually what he's already hashed out on twitter. Of course if you read his twitter feed these days he seems to be into home decor and home design so maybe he do a segment on home decor. :laugh:

He wasn't on this morning at 7, so maybe not. I do find it interesting that for someone who bashes him so often, you follow his twitter feed quite closely.

Perjong

Oct 1, 2013
also only ever posts in the sports radio thread. :skeptic:

Just like perjong.

Because I don't really care about sports. At least not enough to talk about on some forum. I barely care enough to know what has happened in the off season. Actually, I don't care what has happened.

I did care about the Team 1200 and TGOR however, which is why I only ever posted in this thread. But even that is waning since they mostly talk about sports now and barely ever go off topic. What a bore.

I wish I never deleted the podcasts I downloaded in 2007 and 1008. I would kill to listen to TGOR when it was fun.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Because I don't really care about sports. At least not enough to talk about on some forum. I barely care enough to know what has happened in the off season. Actually, I don't care what has happened.

I did care about the Team 1200 and TGOR however, which is why I only ever posted in this thread. But even that is waning since they mostly talk about sports now and barely ever go off topic. What a bore.

I wish I never deleted the podcasts I downloaded in 2007 and 1008. I would kill to listen to TGOR when it was fun.

Guy who doesn't like sports complains about format of SPORTS RADIO morning show...

Well, I think that ends the value of this thread...last one out, turn off the lights.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Guy who doesn't like sports complains about format of SPORTS RADIO morning show...

Well, I think that ends the value of this thread...last one out, turn off the lights.

Even better, complains that there's too much sports talk on said sports radio show.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Happy to have 67's hockey back on the radio to listen to. It was pretty well synchronized with the TV tonight so I didn't have to listen to the Peterborough commentators.

Are Kenny and Lee the full time duo for the 67's or will we see AJ back at all (when there's no conflict with RedBlacks)? I think they do a good job but there's nothing like AJ's junior hockey officiating rants.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

You should stop by jungle's house. He probably has a trophy case full of them.

tsn1200lady

Apr 6, 2015
He wasn't on this morning at 7, so maybe not. I do find it interesting that for someone who bashes him so often, you follow his twitter feed quite closely.

I follow all the tsn guys, most have good perspective and love the banter between the hosts. Simmer is usually less annoying on twitter since it's only 140 characters LOL.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Happy to have 67's hockey back on the radio to listen to. It was pretty well synchronized with the TV tonight so I didn't have to listen to the Peterborough commentators.

Are Kenny and Lee the full time duo for the 67's or will we see AJ back at all (when there's no conflict with RedBlacks)? I think they do a good job but there's nothing like AJ's junior hockey officiating rants.

Schreibs is still in the mix too doing home games.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

How strange that you'd listen to a sports radio station.

I can't stand country music, so I don't listen to a country music station. Maybe I'm going about this wrong!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

........ :skeptic:

I think a handful of my braincells gave up on humanity and died reading this.

I can't even.....

tsn1200lady

Apr 6, 2015
Did everyone decide the the station is perfect now that there's plenty of hockey, baseball, and football talk or just get tired of complaining?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Did everyone decide the the station is perfect now that there's plenty of hockey, baseball, and football talk or just get tired of complaining?

lol @ bumping the thread because there wasn't enough station bashing for your liking.

1200 is fine. Kind of sucks they still don't talk much Jays (while the game was on I flipped to 1200 and they were talking about the Sens defence) but I guess when 1310 carries the actual game broadcast there isn't much sense in covering the game proceedings.

Other than that, it has been fine.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
lol @ bumping the thread because there wasn't enough station bashing for your liking.

1200 is fine. Kind of sucks they still don't talk much Jays (while the game was on I flipped to 1200 and they were talking about the Sens defence) but I guess when 1310 carries the actual game broadcast there isn't much sense in covering the game proceedings.

Other than that, it has been fine.

Good to know, was trying to listen through 690 the other day when in the car but it was choppy!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

How did you even find this thread on a sports forum if you don't even care about sports?

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
I'm just getting over the shock of finding out that Simmer is on twitter.

He mustn't ask any questions. He'd barely get through 20% of the prologue before running out of characters!

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I find the CPC election ads that the traffic/news update folks are doing are annoying as hell. If they want to run an ad, run an ad. But don't blend it into the weather report like it's an endorsement. That is not an ad. It's different and annoying as hell.
It's like a very clumsy version of product placement and it doesn't work. I don't care if it was CPC, LIB or NDP.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I personally think that the intro and outro music needs to be longer and louder. Need to time the recorded intro's to coincide with the end of the 2nd or 4th bar like in a song. Gradually fade out rather than kill the music right away. Makes the transition smooth.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
This may have been discussed before but why is it there is a Leafs lunch, Jets lunch, Canucks lunch but no Sens TV lunch on TSN?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Haven't listened to them yet this season. That will happen whenever the western rod swing happens (assuming it's during the week when I have to go to work during games).

No complains when ya don't listen. :laugh:

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
This may have been discussed before but why is it there is a Leafs lunch, Jets lunch, Canucks lunch but no Sens TV lunch on TSN?

I think they hate our owner but that's purely speculative. They even pay him 15 million to show our games and never talk about our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad