Speculation: The Official Offseason Roster Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Really hope Jones prefers Texas, and he’s from there, and forces a move there before Bowman does something stupid.

I mean given indications of Hawks wanting to make big move it seems pretty set the Hawks are going to do something stupid like overpay Hamilton or trade then extend Jones

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
You realize getting Hamilton and Murray, and a legit back up makes us a ....mediocre team, right? I'm not saying we shouldn't add a really good player at the right cap hit if the opportunity presents itself, and doesn't cost us our future stars. But I just don't see anyone out there who would fit in to that category.

I feel differently, because IMO you need to try to improve the team for PK/JT, or move them. Waiting for an elite player to fall into our lap at a reasonable cap hit is essentially looking for a unicorn shitting rainbows.

I 100% agree that we shouldn't be moving multiple high quality assets for a guy like Jones at this point.

Reactions: Pertti

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Stan better not deal a major piece(s)of our youth for Jones and I dont care if that comes with an extension for Jones.

Seth Jones will not help us reach better levels of play if we have to give up too much youth.

prefer to just sign UFA D's

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Really hope Jones prefers Texas, and he’s from there, and forces a move there before Bowman does something stupid.
He's from there mainly because his dad was playing for the Mavs at the time. He ended up playing for many teams.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I mean given indications of Hawks wanting to make big move it seems pretty set the Hawks are going to do something stupid like overpay Hamilton or trade then extend Jones

Yep, what Stan may be thinking is scary alright. He is not known as a big-deal guy. And now is no time to begin.
Stick with gathering up more decent draft picks and developing from within. It takes a special GM to effectively rebuild on the fly without compromising the future and that GM ain't Stan.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yep, what Stan may be thinking is scary alright. He is not known as a big-deal guy. And now is no time to begin.
Stick with gathering up more decent draft picks and developing from within. It takes a special GM to effectively rebuild on the fly without compromising the future and that GM ain't Stan.
That's literally what he did to win 2013-15

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Overpaying for Hamilton is far better then trading assets for Jones then overpaying him

Neither are ideal but if Hawks are going big rather just get stuck with potentially bad contract instead of potentially bad contract + giving up a bunch of good assets

Signing UFAs isn't awful if you're doing your job as a GM and factoring in for the age related decline.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I feel like there's a fine line with a swing for the fences mentality with our signings/trades. They're happy to give up players, assets or cap space on taking a chance. Yet, serviceable players who might need a hair of situational consideration are happily dumped off thus long term chemistry isn't well developed.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
All of Chicago’s cap space should be used as a weapon. If they waste it on Hamilton, this team is doomed for another five years.

Reactions: Space umpire

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
Has there been any indication of which teams are in on Hamilton or where he would want to go? Oddly silent, considering he’s the best UFA.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I still stand by my flimsy sentiment that the Hawks should attain Jones ( sign and trade of course ) for Boqvist and hopefully Strome. As much as I would hate to see Boqvist go I am not convinced he is going to make the leap up to Karlsson light level and Jones despite what many are saying on here is a legit #1D who would help us immediately. If Columbus would rather Kurashev than Strome than so be it but we would need some salary going back just for fairsies,

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Let’s get Jones, Barkov and Forsberg a year of now for free. Okey?

I mean I know you’re being sarcastic, but Barkov next year is the kind of player I’d unload some cash on. He fits the timeline of this roster much better.
22-23 lines
Debrincat Barkov Kane
Reichel Dach Kubalik
Suter Toews Hagel
Kurashev Kampf xx

^ Easily a playoff team probably more depending on how the D looks.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I mean I know you’re being sarcastic, but Barkov next year is the kind of player I’d unload some cash on. He fits the timeline of this roster much better.
22-23 lines
Debrincat Barkov Kane
Reichel Dach Kubalik
Suter Toews Hagel
Kurashev Kampf xx

^ Easily a playoff team probably more depending on how the D looks.

Would we have enough money for a competent D core though? I think no with all the extensions coming in too. We'd have to unload Seabs at the least, maybe even lose someone like Kubalik/Kurashev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad