GDT: The Official Los Angeles Playoff thread

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
If LA wins vs. Calgary tomorrow and Winnipeg loses to Colorado then LA is guaranteed a Playoff spot with a win in their last game vs. San Jose.

OtCS9Rh.jpg

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
What was the final conclusion on the pick? Canes get it only if the kings make the playoffs, or as long the kings don't win the lottery?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
What was the final conclusion on the pick? Canes get it only if the kings make the playoffs, or as long the kings don't win the lottery?

Yeah that's the confusion. Friedman reported that it was a 2015 unless LA missed the playoffs in which case it's a 2016 when the trade was made. But one of the TO mods said it was unless they win the lotto. I'd take Friedman's interpretation of it as the likely one.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I'm sure it's happened before, but I've never heard of the "winning the lotto" clause in trades for picks.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
HUGE game for L.A. tonight.

C'mon boys.

I'll take the more even-keeled Toronto approach here:

My whole life has culminated up to this game tonight. If LA doesn't win I might just die. At the very least I might never be happy again. Big, stronk, heroic LA's Playoff hopes hinging on the play of Johnny McMidget and Sean Please-Catch-Mono-han literally makes me want to puke.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI

My whole life has culminated up to this game tonight. If LA doesn't win I might just die. At the very least I might never be happy again. Big, stronk, heroic LA's Playoff hopes hinging on the play of Johnny McMidget and Sean Please-Catch-Mono-han literally makes me want to puke.

All 37 fans in Calgary don't deserve the playoffs.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
And to be fair, that is not very outlandish either.

GO KINGS!!!!

:kings:kings:kings:kings:kings:kings

We're gonna need those positive thoughts tonight.

HUGE game for L.A. tonight.

C'mon boys.

Huge. Biggest game of the season. Prayers needed.

Wellllll....

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
On the positive side, now we're not the only recent Cup champs that miss the playoffs the following year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: