GDT: The Official Los Angeles Playoff thread

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
With a 1st round pick hanging on it, I thought this might deserve its own thread to keep excess talk and speculation out of the draft thread and consolidate it here :)

I will update Daily.

As of Friday, March 13th :)scared::eek:) here are the West Standings.

The Kings are a point up on Winnipeg and 3 up on San Jose with a game in hand on each. They are tied with Calgary and a point behind Vancouver with the same amount of games played as both. The Kings at the moment, hold the tie breaker over the Jets and Sharks. But only over the Sharks on goal difference. They play a 5th game on April 11th, that will decide that tie breaker.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Forgive my ignorance- does their final spot affect the pick? I mean, I know they have to make the playoffs this year or the pick becomes next year's first. But is the pick different depending on if they finish 8th/7th/whatever? Seems like it would but I'm sure someone knows better than I do

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Forgive my ignorance- does their final spot affect the pick? I mean, I know they have to make the playoffs this year or the pick becomes next year's first. But is the pick different depending on if they finish 8th/7th/whatever? Seems like it would but I'm sure someone knows better than I do

if they make it, regardless of seed, we get it. if they miss, we get theirs next year.

just think of the pick as being "McDavid Proof"

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Where they finish in the regular season doesn't matter, except for playoffs/non-playoffs. If they make the playoffs, their final position will be determined by how far they go in the playoffs.

I'm still hoping they miss.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
They will be a better team next year than this. I hope they make this year.

The way I see it:

If they make the playoffs, they're going to do what LA always does and do some damage in the playoffs. So we're looking at a 22+ pick. And I'd say the odds that next year's pick ends up being less than 22 is better than this year's being between 16 and 22.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If they haven't changed it then only the WCF and ECF teams drop to picks #26-30.

All other Playoff teams are seeded by regular season standings.

If the Playoffs started today and LA lost in the 2nd Round the Canes would have the #15* pick.

Last edited:

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Yeah LA would probably sweep Nashville honestly. Nashville really is not that good.

Anaheim/Chicago/St. Louis would all give LA a damn hard time.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Saturday the 14th Edition.

saturday-the-14th-movie-poster-1981-1020248571.jpg

Only thing different from yesterday is that Calgary leap-frogged Vancouver by a point.

Notable games today that affect or involve Los Angeles:

Chicago @ San Jose
Winnipeg @ Tampa Bay
Toronto @ Vancouver
Minnesota @ St. Louis
Calgary @ Colorado
Nashville @ Los Angeles

A lot can and probably will change in the next 12 hours.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
And Winnipeg just went from down 1-0 to up 2-1 thanks to a major penalty and then horrible turnover by the Lightning.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Jets Win. Canucks win. Hopefully the Kings take care of business tonight. Still might get lucky and have Calgary or Minnesota miss out on a point or two tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad