The Official Jonathan Drouin Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Let Drouin sit for the rest of the year. The Lightning tender a minimal contract offer when the time comes to maintain their rights to him as a player and Drouin continues to sit.................................

Drouin and Walsh messed with the wrong GM.

Let him rot.

So petty.

But I love it.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I really hope he can just suck it up and get back to Syracuse. I feel like the problem with that is that if he goes back there's the risk of getting injured and not getting traded at all. However if he doesn't play, his value is going to go down even more which decreases the chances of him getting traded as well. That said he could go to Syracuse and play very cautiously trying to avoid getting injured, but if he goes ahead and plays 20 games without scoring points it's going to hurt his value just as much if not even more than just not playing.

The best case scenario would be for him to just suck it up, get to Syracuse, play as well as he can and just hope for the best in terms of not getting injured. It's pretty obvious that the last time he was in Syracuse he didn't really give a **** and just played not to get injured while waiting for a trade. I do think that if he's giving it all he's got he would be putting up multi point games pretty much every game. If that happened I could even see us going as far as bringing him back up especially when someone inevitably goes down with an injury.

Just sucking it up and playing is pretty much what he has to do in order to make sure that he'll get traded. If he sits out for the rest of the season I really doubt many GMs will offer Yzerman anything even remotely close to what he wants even in the offseason. I do think that there is still a chance (admittedly a very small chance, but still a chance) of him staying with us. It's been cleared in the past that both the NHL and the AHL team would be willing to welcome him back to the roster any time which is why it's all up to himself. With Stamkos almost certainly leaving we're one star offensive player short next season so he'd definitely have room in our team. The only question is, is he willing to suck it up or is his ego too big for his own good.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Hopefully the lure of joining a playoff team is enough for him to return. It seems like a no brainer to me. Watch playoff hockey from your house or try to earn an opportunity as a black ace? Some players go their whole life without sniffing the cup, so why not try your hardest to get back on a team that could go the distance? There's no guarantees, but if I were him, I'd do everything I could in Syracuse to put myself in a situation that could get myself back in the lineup. Work your way to the top of the list. Things can change fast in the playoffs. Injuries happen, coaches change things up...never say never. Blair Jones probably never thought he'd make it into the 2011 ECFs or JAM last year.

Never burn your bridges, Jo.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
Drouin should just own up to his mistake and go back and play. Stop being a brat, be the superstar you can be!!

What mistake is that ?

It was Yzerman's mistake telling Drouin he was close to being traded while playing in the AHL. Even though he shouldn't have been sent to the AHL in the first place he was still playing games until he was told a trade was close

icejolt18

Apr 10, 2014
What mistake is that ?

It was Yzerman's mistake telling Drouin he was close to being traded while playing in the AHL. Even though he shouldn't have been sent to the AHL in the first place he was still playing games until he was told a trade was close

Yzerman said that he never told him he was close to being trade. Yzerman would have had no reason to say that and notoriously keeps his cards close to the vest.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
Yzerman said that he never told him he was close to being trade. Yzerman would have had no reason to say that and notoriously keeps his cards close to the vest.

His agent said it

Here is a look at Allan Walsh’s full statement on the Jonathan Drouin situation courtesy of Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times.

“When the Tampa Bay Lightning assigned Jonathan Drouin to Syracuse it was explained the purpose of the assignment was twofold; (1) conditioning due to missed games from injury and (2) provide proof that he had completely recovered from his injury. Jonathan has now played seven games with Syracuse in the past (14) days.

A few days ago, the Tampa Bay Lightning advised that a trade involving Jonathan was moving closer to completion. We proposed to Tampa that Jonathan not play in the next few AHL games but continue practicing with the club to avoid any potential injury from preventing an imminent trade. Unfortunately, the Tampa Bay Lightning refused this reasonable request, however, Jonathan was not willing to accept this risk. We have been advised that the Tampa Bay Lightning has suspended Jonathan.

In light of the latest developments it is clearly in both sides best interests that the Tampa Bay Lightning trade Jonathan as there is no reason for Jonathan to continue with the Tampa Bay Lightning organization in any capacity. We will have no further comment as we await the Tampa Bay Lightning to conclude a trade that involves Jonathan.”

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
Yserman just lost is 3rd overall pick for nothing, Drouin will play 1 year in Europe putting over a PPG and will receive a RFA offer from others teams. Sorry but your GM is a jerk. He wan a top defenseman signed not UFA for a guy who's not ready to play in the NHL ???

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yserman just lost is 3rd overall pick for nothing, Drouin will play 1 year in Europe putting over a PPG and will receive a RFA offer from others teams. Sorry but your GM is a jerk. He wan a top defenseman signed not UFA for a guy who's not ready to play in the NHL ???

Um if he does that we will get compensation because it would have to be an offer sheet. If it's low enough we just match and keep him longer.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Heh all this proves is that Allen Walsh is full of ****. It took 2 months to find out Yzerman wasn't going to trade ugly at all. Whatever, he can sit at home.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Why would Drouin come back to play for the team when they didn't make a move at the deadline? I'm sure if they would have made a move at the deadline he would have come back to play....

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
What mistake is that ?

So many things wrong with your comment. If SY WAS close to a deal, then that means he was accommodating Drouin, and Drouin did the absolute #1 worst thing he could possibly do in the interest of finalizing a trade by SKIPPING WORK!

Let's say for the sake of argument that SY did advise them he was close to a deal.

"Then can I sit until the trade is finalized?"
"no"

That should be the end of it, but he decided not to show up for work! How is this even remotely on SY? You're the only one in the whole damn world who thinks that, much less is saying it.

If they thought they were close to a trade and that he was an injury risk, TBL would have made that decision, not the 20 year old diva.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
What mistake is that ?

That never happened. Allan Walsh isn't a very good agent. People seem to forget the Havlat ****show he created years ago.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I think trading him today was best for our team in my opinion! How are the offers going to get better in the offseason?

There's no sense trading him for scraps. All the "asset management" posts in the world aren't going to change the fact that the absolute worst outcome for the Lightning is to trade him for scraps or lose him for nothing (somehow) and having him light up the league for someone else.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think trading him today was best for our team in my opinion! How are the offers going to get better in the offseason?

Because teams like Anaheim might want their guy for the playoffs (Vatanen) but would be willing to part with him in the off-season...

Because if he's getting only offers of picks and prospects then he'd just get those same offers again at the draft along with a window of opportunity for Drouin to raise his value or suck it up and play again.

He didn't get a roster player that'd help us for the playoffs, trading him or not trading him today has no effect on the Lightning anyways.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
There's no sense trading him for scraps. All the "asset management" posts in the world aren't going to change the fact that the absolute worst outcome for the Lightning is to trade him for scraps or lose him for nothing (somehow) and having him light up the league for someone else.

His value is not going to increase with him not playing hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad