The Official Jonathan Drouin Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Good. Step one in the maturation process here is swallowing some ****ing pride.

Wonder if teammate did in fact reach out while they were in Canada.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wow. Wasn't expecting that.

Time to cool off probably worked wonders.

Really, this isn't an easy thing. He made his bed by walking away. He's in for a lot of humiliation when he returns. Fans might boo him. Opposing fans might have chants. Coming back doesn't clear up ALL the red flags other teams will have about him, but it definitely won't hurt his value.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
humble-pie.jpg

Joining the team tomorrow for practice

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Time to cool off probably worked wonders.

Really, this isn't an easy thing. He made his bed by walking away. He's in for a lot of humiliation when he returns. Fans might boo him. Opposing fans might have chants. Coming back doesn't clear up ALL the red flags other teams will have about him, but it definitely won't hurt his value.

once it came out why he was leaving the team, that course was set.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Hopefully this is sorted now. Would love to have him with the team going further as he still has incredible talent but if Yzerman feels the relationship is too damaged then here's to hoping he helps Syracuse go the extra mile and we get a nice haul for him in the summer.

JS91

May 14, 2014
This is great news. I'm still hoping that he will change his mind and stay with us. I really doubt that's his plan right now though, but there is a chance that he could still get some NHL minutes this season. If that happens then who knows, he might decide to stay.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
the next Crunch game will be on Friday versus Bridgeport so he'll get a few practices in before then (starting tomorrow)

Any chance of call up for the playoffs or has that ship sailed?

depends on how he plays, or at least that should be the official line. You don't **** with Yzerman, but Yzerman knows when enough's enough.

Last edited:

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Perhaps if there is an injury situation, but I don't think Yzerman is keen on calling him up. He said himself that the plan changed as soon as Jonathan made his trade request public.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

As a black ace, sure, but I'd let his play onward decide that. There's 17 games left in the Crunchs season. If we're serious though about winning a cup, you want to surround yourself with the best players available with you. And compared to Angelidis, Blunden, and McGinn, he'd be a great injury replacement.

I expect Yzerman to be what he has been all along. fair.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay

If he's playing well and we need him, I could see him getting a call-up. Yzerman's not going to be petty about this. Just by the kid coming back its a step in the right direction. He played chicken with the GM and it didn't work out. It would be smart for both sides to just say the past is the past, and the future is tomorrow. Focus on that.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Strange turn of events here. Really glad he decided to man up and play for cuse. This has been one horrible mess. Hopefully he works hard and all of this becomes the distant past for him.

I doubt this means he would stay even given the right circumstances. So unless he miraculously changes his mind, I hope we trade him at the draft and get a good player in return. Then both move our separate ways.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He had every former player within ten feet of a microphone telling him to suck it up and go back.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He should get booed.

It's the right thing but he has both hurt his career and his relationship to Yzerman and the organization.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad