i-bd5f2315dd60989dd062180ef267d289-kfc-double-down-sandwich.jpg

"Hi, I'm Garth Snow for KFC."

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
lol... you wanna play that game?

Ryan Miller

your turn

Hahaha! Tavares >>>>>>> Miller wow. For a guy that wanted Miller out of town and always tells everyone how important the Center position is, thats weak Jame.

Halak will be just as good as Miller was for us on the Island.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
These moves will definitely make it a lot more interesting. They've improved their odds but the games are still to be played.

Best of luck nyi.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Nothing is guaranteed, but this solidifies things a bit on their blueline. These deals certainly won't make them worse.

No. It doesn't make them worse. It's a bad day for the tank for sure.

Karate Johnson*

Wait, are they still the Islanders? Are Leddy and Boychuk now Isles?

Not worried.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This makes improves the chances they'll do well but it doesn't change the wheelhouse they're in among Eastern teams. Buffalo, Ottawa, Florida, and Carolina should be worse but after that it's anyone's guess. I could see anywhere from finishing fifth-worse in the conference to getting out of the first round.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Dam Darcy. He screwed us on this trade. Should have stood his ground for no defer option.

:sarcasm:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
No. It doesn't make them worse. It's a bad day for the tank for sure.

I mean, adding players won't make them worse, but how much are those 2 really going to improve them? They're both guys who played #4-5 minutes on good teams; Isles fans have them penciled in as their top pair.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I mean, adding players won't make them worse, but how much are those 2 really going to improve them? They're both guys who played #4-5 minutes on good teams; Isles fans have them penciled in as their top pair.

Hard to say. These types of trades can go either way. But .. they were looking at having one of Brennan, Carkner or Donavon in their top 6 ... Now they aren't and can afford to send Reinhart to Bridgeport.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Funny how badly he wants this pick to be away from the top of the draft (Snow)

Boychuk and Leddy. Damn Doesn't help us at all

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross 2m2 minutes ago

Bruins fans currently confusing Johnny Boychuk with Bobby Orr. #numbahFour #doublenickel

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I think anyone hoping for two top five picks might as well move on to something more realistic. I get the impression Snow knew that under no circumstances could the Sabres get McDavid with the Isles first round selection. The good news is this is still the New York freaking Islanders and there are 82 games to be played so anything is possible...it's just far less likely than it was 12 hours ago.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think anyone hoping for two top five picks might as well move on to something more realistic. I get the impression Snow knew that under no circumstances could the Sabres get McDavid with the Isles first round selection. The good news is this is still the New York freaking Islanders and there are 82 games to be played so anything is possible...it's just far less likely than it was 12 hours ago.

I thought a top 5 pick was very unlikely yesterday. Like I said I don't think this changes much in terms of their low end or high end, it just makes them more likely to reach the high end of their realistic range, which I would say is/was somewhere like #7-10 to a playoff team.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 8m8 minutes ago

Fascinating condition on third-rounder included in Boychuk deal. The #bruins receive it if the #isles deal him within the East in 13/14.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 6m6 minutes ago

Oops, obviously meant 14/15 on condition in Boychuk trade.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Two of the analytics guys like the moves.

Rob Vollman ‏@robvollmanNHL 26m26 minutes ago
The acquisition of Leddy and Boychuk addresses one of the Isles few weaknesses. This is a solid playoff team, in my view.

Timo Seppa ‏@timoseppa 26m26 minutes ago
VUKOTA had #Isles as 13th in NHL with 93 points, a playoff team, before today's moves. Getting interesting.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
These moves help on a number of fronts. It gives them a deeper blueline if/when injuries hit. They're also pretty good players. It also knocks two of Strait/Carkner/Czuzman out of the top-6, and allows Reinhart to get his sea legs in the AHL. Boychuk and Leddy in the top-6 is a marked upgrade from Strait/Carkner/Czuzman.

It doesn't guarantee them a playoff spot. But it's two more steps away from the top-5 or 8 pick that many have had penciled in since we made the Vanek deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad