The Official "Isle's Draft Position" Thread Pt 1: (13-6-0), Bah Hambug

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Why should we have to root for our Sabres to tank when and Islander tank is just as good?

God Bless this man for not giving up control this year

wang.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

labbatt

Feb 27, 2014
Nice! I have been waiting for this thread! Never fear my friends I have ensured the Islanders tank this year by selecting Tavares in my fantasy league, he's bound to have the worst season of his career. We should also start a Blues tank page, they're most likely headed to the playoffs, but they are in a very tough Central.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Normally I'm a big fan of Tavares, but I hope he has the worst season of his career this year. :laugh:

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
zzz... Now Islander fans are going to ***** about us making this thread on their forums and wherever they go...

If they really didn't think we would hope for them to be bad this year allowing us to get yet another high draft pick, they need a better grip on reality.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I plan to go to BUF@NYI on April 4 (2nd last game ever at Nassau Coliseum!).

Any chance of that being rephrased to the second last regular season game at Nassau Coliseum? I'd feel safer making that a neutral statement instead of assuming there's zero chance they make the playoffs. I know how most feel their season will go but wait until they are mathematically eliminated before claiming to be at the second last game ever on Long Island.

And enjoy the game!

Nice touch with the party on Wang, well done.

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
When it comes to life in Wang's World, I'm glad that he will be accompanied by his goofy sidekick, Garth.

Karate Johnson*

zzz... Now Islander fans are going to ***** about us making this thread on their forums and wherever they go...

So what?

It's bad form to root against other teams? I hope the Isles never make the playoffs again? Beyond the draft pick I just flat out don't like them.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY

Who cares? This is the Sabres board, and of course we should root for scenarios that are best for the Sabres on the Sabres board.

If Islanders fans' feelings get hurt over that, they are either naive or over-sensitive.

What's more, if the shoe were on the other foot and the Isles' had the Sabres' 1st rounder this year -damn straight they would root for the Sabres to stink this year, as well they should. And I wouldn't blame them one bit.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
This thread caused me to have a dream about the Live presentation of the draft lottery... in my dream Garth opens the envelope and the gold islanders logo pops out... and he just smashes his face on the table.

(is that how it will work? Do the Isles go to the lottery with their pick, or does buffalo have 2 envelopes?)

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
This thread caused me to have a dream about the Live presentation of the draft lottery... in my dream Garth opens the envelope and the gold islanders logo pops out... and he just smashes his face on the table.

(is that how it will work? Do the Isles go to the lottery with their pick, or does buffalo have 2 envelopes?)

The envelope will probably have the Islanders logo on it, but it's not like Snow will be there. I mean, maybe all the GM's go there as an opportunity to touch base, but he's not gonna be sitting there in the TSN studio like the relevant GM's were this year. It'd be pretty funny if they actually made the organization accept the envelope.

Karate Johnson*

I haven't been following at all, is the Isles sale becoming a cluster**** or something?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I haven't been following at all, is the Isles sale becoming a cluster**** or something?

No the terms of the sale is that Wang gets to be owner for 2 more years and then the new owners will be phased in. So, Wang and Garth are still around around to **** things up this year.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
No the terms of the sale is that Wang gets to be owner for 2 more years and then the new owners will be phased in. So, Wang and Garth are still around around to **** things up this year.

Yea, the new owners hold a minority stake, leaving control to Wang. In two years the remaining of Garth's shares will transfer over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad