Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
@StapeNewsday
Breaking: #Isles have acquired D Johnny Boychuk from the Bruins for a 2015 2nd, a 2016 2nd and a conditional 2015 3rd round pick.

My god, the Isles 0 picks in the first 3 rounds in the strongest draft in a decade....

It's not like they are a contender. Even IF they get Boychuk AND Leddy, these could still be top 10 picks. At best they are a 6-8 seed.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Same return (+ a 3rd) that Doug Murray, Leopold and Regehr got at the deadline as UFA's - Boychuk has a whole year left...it's not THAT awful.

You pay a lot more at deadline. Desperation. Responding to other teams moves ect. I don't think you would of found Murray, Leo or Regehr getting that type of return in the same scenario.

Also... Boston basically had no choice ... when your hand is forced like this and get that kind of return... it's pretty impressive.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
My god, the Isles 0 picks in the first 3 rounds in the strongest draft in a decade....

It's not like they are a contender. Even IF they get Boychuk AND Leddy, these could still be top 10 picks. At best they are a 6-8 seed.

I think they still have a second left. They got one (in 2015) for MacDonald at last years' deadline.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I think they still have a second left. They got one (in 2015) for MacDonald at last years' deadline.

That's what they just traded for Boychuck.... We own their own 2nd.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
You pay a lot more at deadline. Desperation. Responding to other teams moves ect. I don't think you would of found Murray, Leo or Regehr getting that type of return in the same scenario.

Also... Boston basically had no choice ... when your hand is forced like this and get that kind of return... it's pretty impressive.

your not accounting for the asset... i would bet more than a handful of teams were in a Boychuk... the Isles were not the only team bidding.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Awesome trade for the Isles. Easily contenders in the Metro for sure.

C'mon now. They are in the same breath as NJD and CBJ now (as long as Johansen is out)....but going to compete with NYR, Pitt, and Philly?

Honestly though, if they do bomb out they can likely recoup a few 2015 picks for Boychuk at the deadline.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 2m2 minutes ago

Have not confirmed yet, but it appears #Isles are indeed also acquiring Nick Leddy from Chicago. Stay tuned...

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
C'mon now. They are in the same breath as NJD and CBJ now (as long as Johansen is out)....but going to compete with NYR, Pitt, and Philly?

Honestly though, if they do bomb out they can likely recoup a few 2015 picks for Boychuk at the deadline.

Lol they can easily be 2nd in that divsion behind the Pens.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 1m1 minute ago

Source says #Blackhawks have traded Nick Leddy to the #Isles.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 12s13 seconds ago

Official: #Isles acquire D Nick Leddy from CHI for D Ville Pokka, D T.J. Brennan and G Anders Nilsson.

Now thats a good deal

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
@StapeNewsday: Official: #Isles acquire D Nick Leddy from CHI for D Ville Pokka, D T.J. Brennan and G Anders Nilsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad