The Official "Isle's Draft Position" Thread Pt 1: (13-6-0), Bah Hambug

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
This thread caused me to have a dream about the Live presentation of the draft lottery... in my dream Garth opens the envelope and the gold islanders logo pops out... and he just smashes his face on the table.

(is that how it will work? Do the Isles go to the lottery with their pick, or does buffalo have 2 envelopes?)

Whatever happens, I just hope they make Garth snow be present and physically hand the card to Tim Murray if he wins the lotto.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Agreed that the Blues are not likely to be a basement team…but that doesn't mean we shouldn't root for their tank!

Best case scenario for us WRT the Blues, is STL has a down year in a tough division and narrowly miss the playoffs, finishing 17th or 18th overall - then winning the lottery.

With the altered lottery odds, that's now a slightly more probable outcome than it was last year.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I'm kind of disappointed the Title of this thread isn't "Party on Wang, Party on Garth"...:laugh:

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
30.) Buffalo Sabres
29.) New York Islanders
28.) St. Louis Blues

ucO2QcK.gif

Can you imagine the tinfoil hat reaction if the Sabres had 1-2-3 and didn't win the lottery? (They'd only have a 45% to win with the top 3 slots)

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Good sweet god. Yes, please.

Though it would likely take a deranged Sabres fan going all Harding/Gillooly on about 5 different Blues to make this happen....

Honestly though, it's highly improbable, but not unheard of. Hitchcock tends to have a limited lifespan as a coach, and players stop listening after so many years. Remember that Philly team that finished last overall in the Kane draft? That was a talented ****ing team.

But, they crashed hard. Had the injury bug. Things snowballed. Finished last overall

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Honestly though, it's highly improbable, but not unheard of. Hitchcock tends to have a limited lifespan as a coach, and players stop listening after so many years. Remember that Philly team that finished last overall in the Kane draft? That was a talented ****ing team.

But, they crashed hard. Had the injury bug. Things snowballed. Finished last overall

It's completely improbable that happens to the Blues, but hey, why not root for it? I could live with getting 2 of McDavid/Eichel/Hanifin. :laugh:

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
It's completely improbable that happens to the Blues, but hey, why not root for it? I could live with getting 2 of McDavid/Eichel/Hanifin. :laugh:

Only two?!? You keep looking for the tree tops, and I'll look to the stars...lol.

Moulson-McDavid-Reinhart
Ennis-Eichel-Hodgson
Girgensons-Grigorenko-Gionta
Foligno-Larsson-Flynn

Zadorov-Myers
Hanifin-Pysyk
McCabe-Ristolainen

All in permanent ink. ;)

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
I think they'll still be towards the bottom of their division by the end of the year, possibly beating out New Jersey for the second last spot, ahead of Carolina of course. They're not better than Washington, Philly, or Columbus.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
If you want to get a feel for NYI's preseason, their game vs Boston will be televised live on NHLN-US tonight, while highlights of their last two preseason games are found below. Halak stopped 19/23 in a 4-2 loss to Carolina, while Johnson stopped 26/28 in a 3-2 SOW over New Jersey. Tavares and Okposo played in both and will play again tonight.

[nhl]2014010028-X-h[/nhl]

[nhl]2014010046-X-h[/nhl]

What is this? Setting realistic expectations?

That isn't what this thread is for!

::puts blinders on::

SUCK ISLANDERS SUUCCCCKKK

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think they'll still be towards the bottom of their division by the end of the year, possibly beating out New Jersey for the second last spot, ahead of Carolina of course. They're not better than Washington, Philly, or Columbus.

I could see them being better than those teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad