The official hundred points watch thread.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
You actually think Matthews is going to break 100 points? He needs 76 points in 53 games. That's a 1.43ppg average.
I'm too lazy to look when the last time a player kept up a 1.4ppg average over 50+ games, but I'm sure the number of players who have done it in the last 20 years is extremely low.
Dude, even a guy like Mikko Rantanen has 23+55=78 Points in his last 53 games. It's clearly not that hard to do. Switch those numbers around and I wouldn't be surprised to see Matthews put up 55+23=78 Points in his next 53 games.

The League has become easier to score in nowadays since hockey has become a beta male sport with smaller guys and less physical play, so it's not that hard to put up big numbers anymore...

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Uh, did anyone at some point suggest he wouldn't hit 100?

With the amount of chances he creates and icetime he gets, he's a total lock for 100 points if he plays full season.

Some people have for sure. See the post below yours. Many have also said he won't win the Art Ross which again is quite presumptuous.

The season is far from over.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
That's almost PPG pace. Likely. Look up his oiSH%. He's due for a big regression.
if he goes less then a ppg the rest of the season his oiSH would be insanely low and not make much sense playing with mack, unless you think mack will regress hard. he'll have an unlucky month and it'll bring him down to ~11%. his stats just make it look like he wont be winning the scoring race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad