The official hundred points watch thread.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
A quarter of the season in, so far.

1.22 is the magic number.

More players are on pace for 100 points than any season I can remember in the last decade or so.

Rantanen is on a PPG of 1.62, as of today, that would lead him to a 132 points season.
Mackinnon is on a PPG of 1.52, as of today, that would lead him to a 124 points season.
Kucherov is on a PPG of 1.43, as of today, that would lead him to a 117 points season.
McDavid is on a PPG pace of 1.43, as of today, that would lead him to a 117 points season.
Marner is on a PPG of 1.38, as of today, that would lead him to a 113 points season.
Matthews is on a PPG of 1.60, as of today, that would lead him to a 108 points season.
Wheeler is on a PPG pace of 1.33, as of today, that would lead him to a 105 points season.
Crosby is on a PPG of 1.33, as of today, that would lead him to a 105 points season, 3 games missed so far.
Bergeron is on a PPG of 1.37, as of today, that would lead him to a 104 points season, 8 games, so far.
Point is on a PPG pace of 1.27, as of today, that would lead him to a 104 points season.
Gaudreau is on a PPG pace of 1.28, as of today, that would lead him to 104 points season.
Giroux is on a PPG pace of 1.23, as of today, that would lead him to a 100 points season.
Malkin is on a PPG pace of 1.22, as of today, that would lead him to a 100 points season.
Kessel is on a PPG pace of 1.22, as of today, that would lead him to a 100 points season.

Players near 100 points pace:
Ovechkin is on a PPG pace of 1.21, as of today, that would lead him to a 99 points season.
Backstrom is on a PPG pace of 1.21, as of today, that would lead him to a 99 points season.
Duchene is on a PPG pace of 1.17, as of today, that would lead him to a 95 points season.
Scheifele is on a PPG of 1.14, as of today, that would lead him to a 93 season.

Who do you think keeps the pace ?

Bergeron is going to fall out for sure, being out four weeks.
Matthews has missed a lot of games and will eventually go cold(er), shooting at 30% is just not realistic, but obviously his PPG pace is disgusting.
Point's shooting percentage seems high as hell too, but he has some leeway still to keep the pace.

Aside from that, I think they can keep it up, now obviously they will not all do it.

(Stats updated for 12/8)

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Mackinnon and Kucherov are the best bets.

McDavid is the only player with the talent to increase his current scoring rate. Very possible.

Rantanen is unbelievable and could do it, but it's still hard to believe he's really this good.

Marner has a solid chance and has all the tools.

I don't think anyone else will maintain their pace.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

McDavid is the only player with the talent to increase his current scoring rate. Very possible.

Rantanen is unbelievable and could do it, but it's still hard to believe he's really this good.

Rantanen would have to seriously regress if hes not going to make it.

Barring injuries, I wonder if any player had a similar first 29 games and did not put up 100 points.

He needs to manage just a PPG for the reminder of his games to hit 100 points. Considering hes been above a PPG for 113 games now... I dont see him slowing down.

Career year? For sure.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Probably <4 guys will actually make it - it's pretty hard to do with injuries, streaks, etc.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I think MacKinnon, Rantanen, Kucherov, and Marner hit 100+. I don't think this is McDavids year.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
I love Rantanen / Mackinnon chance a lot (barring injuries obviously), that hot of a start and having that great line/great powerplay, they would need to all regress by a big amount for them to miss it.

McDavid / Kucherov did it last year so they are obviously good candidate to redo it. All the others are a big maybe to unlikely.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Clearly a homer take.....

But I think Gaudreau has a good shot at it.

The Flames have been scoring a lot of goals this year, Top 5, and Johnny is a big reason for it.

That top line is playing really good hockey. Another two points tonight.

I like his odds.

Reactions: TychoFan

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ill go with
Mcdavid
Kucherov
Marner
Mackinnon
Rantanan
Point
Eichel
Crosby

As 100 point players

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Matthews has missed a lot of games and will eventually go cold(er), shooting at 30% is just not realistic, but obviously his PPG pace is disgusting.
Point's shooting percentage seems high as hell too, but he has some leeway still to keep the pace.

I think it would be better if you kept personal opinion out of it and just supplied the stats. Matthews is on a 100+ point pace even with the time he's missed and I don't see any reason to point out Point on that list as he's been incredible.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I think MacKinnon, Rantanen, Kucherov, and Marner hit 100+. I don't think this is McDavids year.

Yeah, it has to be tough for McDavid having to do it all on his own without any help. Which makes what he's done the last few years even more impressive.

But now that Hitchcock is behind the bench, I think that eliminates him winning this year. But you never know. Never could him out.

Looks like it's going to be someone from Colorado if I were to make a safe bet.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah, it has to be tough for McDavid having to do it all on his own without any help. Which makes what he's done the last few years even more impressive.

But now that Hitchcock is behind the bench, I think that eliminates him winning this year. But you never know. Never could him out.

Looks like it's going to be someone from Colorado if I were to make a safe bet.

Yah Rantanen and MacKinnon have a great chance, but Kucherov isn't far behind. Marner has a shot, too.

Kucherov has caught up with a crazy 10 game run, and will most likely slow down. Rantanen and MacKinnon have been a bit slow lately (1 ppg or so) for a few games, so they are due for a big game.

McDavid could come back if he goes on a crazy run, but it looks like Edmonton is focusing on defence. He'd also have to close an 11 point gap against 3 players who have been consistently productive for 110+ games now.

Injuries could happen.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
McDavid, MacKinnon, Kucherov and Malkin.

Rantanen finishes with 98 points.
Rantanen would have to only put up 51 points in his final 53 games after putting up 47 in 29 games, to end up with 98 points.

Without injury it's not very likely.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
PLayers that have done it in their last 82 games:

MacKinnon, McDavid, Rantanen, Giroux, Malkin, Kucherov, Crosby, Hall

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Matthews has 5 goals in his last 9 games and 8 points in his last 8 games.

His first 6 games this year were insane, and his numbers still look good because of it. He hasn't been as good as his pace suggests.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

I still don't even know who this rentavan kid is!

I think Kuch, McDavid . . . And I hate to rule out Crosby. He's really coming on as of late, it seems.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
PLayers that have done it in their last 82 games:

MacKinnon, McDavid, Rantanen, Giroux, Malkin, Kucherov, Crosby, Hall
You can most likely rule out Giroux and Hall, but they could get back in the race with a big streak. The rest of them are in the race

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Matthews has 5 goals in his last 9 games and 8 points in his last 8 games.

His first 6 games this year were insane, and his numbers still look good because of it. He hasn't been as good as his pace suggests.

He also has 8 points in his last 4 games and 5 goals in his last 4 games.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Rantanen will never be short of 100 points unless he gets injured

Anyone who thinks he will is clueless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad