Flyers' History: The OFFICIAL Flyers Cronyism Chart

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Has anyone connected to the Flyers twittersphere commented on this chart yet? I mean this should be used to reply to every single Flyers official tweet from here on out. Put it out there for every one to see.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Alan Douglas Hill is the one that always makes me chuckle. Hiding like mold behind drywall.

Pro scout at the age of 67. With Flyers in that role since 1997. Played his first game for the Flyers in 1977.

Jobs retained on merit. Learn their names, know their faces.

EWNmZquWsAEkiXw.jpg

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
I remember when Lemelin seemed to have a job for life with the Flyers as goalie coach. Finally Holmgren let him go and I remember Lemelin being absolutely shocked. Can't blame his reaction considering the patronage the Flyers bestow...

I always wonder what a mess it would be if a new GM came in here and had the balls to try and fire the 4 wise men “scouts” aka Homer, Clarke, Barber, Lombardi.

I imagine it would be a huge shit show with tons of pushback from the entitled brats. And ownership would eventually get involved because these jackasses won’t go down without a fight.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I always wonder what a mess it would be if a new GM came in here and had the balls to try and fire the 4 wise men “scouts” aka Homer, Clarke, Barber, Lombardi.

I imagine it would be a huge shit show with tons of pushback from the entitled brats. And ownership would eventually get involved because these jackasses won’t go down without a fight.

I'm really looking forward to it. It's a shame it'll never happen and we have to suffer indefinitely as they further ruin the team.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

I'm really looking forward to it. It's a shame it'll never happen and we have to suffer indefinitely as they further ruin the team.
Hit up my gofundme, and ownership will be the one firing them.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Jason Smith is is technically an outsider in terms of coaching/management because he spent his post-career in Ottawa, but it's just so unsurprising that they had to go with somebody they have an existing connection to.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
OFFICIAL, albeit incomplete. There is no way to fully encapsulate the extent of this cancer, and it deserves to be known by all. Big props to Hanrahan who, from what I could gather, basically worked his way up. Good job.

(chart)

Just the tip of the horseshit iceberg in what is becoming the NHL's biggest joke of a franchise. This is the result of salary cap implementation, where value can't be bought in FA but must be pried out of the margins. In other words, you have to be smart. These cronies are not, but year after year more are packed into hockey ops. In fact, they're unable to identify the valuable attributes that drive success in the NHL and many hold positions based on camaraderie, not merit. The archaic hockey views that permeate the organization prohibit any optimism until literally everything changes.

Dark times in Flyerdom

The OFFICIAL Flyers Cronyism Chart

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad