Flyers' History: The OFFICIAL Flyers Cronyism Chart

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
**UPDATED x4**

Lol at putting Nick Schultz in alternating orange and green. Dark horse for ultimate crony

Mad love up to Barry Hanrahan, VP and Assistant GM who was neither a former Flyer nor crony from what I can see. Just got hired and worked up. What a miracle.

pdVlTyf.png

This post brought to you, after a long hiatus, by ChartGuy™. From this point, the hiatus continues indefinitely

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Lol at putting Nick Schultz in alternating orange and green. Dark horse for ultimate crony

Mad love up to Barry Hanrahan, VP and Assistant GM who was neither a former Flyer nor crony from what I can see. Just got hired and worked up. What a miracle.

Not pictured:
1. Ian Laperriere
  • AHL Head Coach
  • Former Flyer, signed as player by Paul Holmgren
2. Jason Smith
  • AHL Assistant Coach
  • Former Flyer, signed as player by Paul Holmgren

vdbUoan.png

Great work. Great post.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Lombardi should connect to Clarke as well, and on that front there's weird adjacency with Jack Ferreira thanks to Lombardi, and also Clarke being his successor. That's a front we should probably be wary of going forward too, as Clarke and Fletcher start running out of cronies to cycle in.
Wait what? Did Lombardi and Clarke work together? Idk who Jack Ferreira is

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wait what? Did Lombardi and Clarke work together? Idk who Jack Ferreira is

As mentioned above, they did.

Ferreira was the GM of the North Stars. He went to be GM of the Sharks when they expanded into existence, along with Lombardi; Clarke took over the Stars briefly before going to Florida to first inflict Fletcher upon the NHL world, so who knows how much cross-pollination those three had with each other during that transition. Lombardi eventually took over as GM of the Sharks until he was fired and then he worked for Clarke. When LA hired him as GM, he hauled Ferreira with him. We haven't tapped into Lombardi's cronies yet, which will have heavy overlap with Ferreira. Meanwhile, it's worth wondering how much drag on innovation Ferreira's influence in LA has.

This info largely doesn't matter yet.

Yet.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The thing with Hanrahan is that although he broke in, he's definitely a crony now. Some of the early cap errors he survived when his entire job was "Cap Stuff" is mind-bottling
I suppose but we can't just call everyone a crony because they've been here a while. In other words, Hanrahan doesn't deserve any crony spite.

I think I can try to add Clarke's son and daughter

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I suppose but we can't just call everyone a crony because they've been here a while. In other words, Hanrahan doesn't deserve any crony spite.

I think I can try to add Clarke's son and daughter

It's really depressing to dig into. A lot of these people have survived across numerous regimes. There's basically no turnover outside of the GM (who is always a crony insider anyway, so it's not real change) and coaches. And lately, every other coach has some dumbass link too.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
FFS..it looks like indeed the only way to get out of all this..is if someone like in their 30's or something..super-rich..from the area and grew up with no concept of the old boys club but loved watching like..Lindros or something offers to buy the team and oust everyone..because this is far too...ingrained in this organization

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad