The official FIFA 17 thread

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I buy it every year, and while that's part of me being a sheep, I do spend a ton of time playing it, so it is what it is.

Last year's game was a disappointment, and so far with the demo, it looks like the right changes have been made. Still need to see some stuff in FUT, franchise/manager mode and so forth, and I'm unsure about the RPG/story elements, but it looks like at a minimum some of that should be more or less a bonus.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think FIFA is doing the right thing with The Journey. Make it a character you can't customize and make it just Premier League on the debut and really focus on the elements of that mode. Once the mode is perfected, open it up to customization and other leagues.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think FIFA is doing the right thing with The Journey. Make it a character you can't customize and make it just Premier League on the debut and really focus on the elements of that mode. Once the mode is perfected, open it up to customization and other leagues.
Frankly it's laughable to see an english guy in the EPL as if FIFA was made for them and nobody else.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Frankly it's laughable to see an english guy in the EPL as if FIFA was made for them and nobody else.

They work more closely with EPL and have them completely licensed with all stadiums. If FIFA had the same with Bundesliga or La Liga, then I'm sure it would be flipped. Any company will cater more to a league that they have more license deals with or where their consumer base is more supportive of. That's the EPL, love it or hate it.

As for why that's a good idea, it's much better to produce a new feature that isn't buggy and is actually successful. You are going to play The Journey for the RPG feel of it. Sure it would be great to customize and pick any league, but they did extensive shooting and used real actors for the scenes, so it was never truly intended to be a customized feature.

In future versions, I'd love if they open it up to be customizable, and I think they probably would, they just want to make sure the feature wasn't buggy or lacking in depth.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They work more closely with EPL and have them completely licensed with all stadiums. If FIFA had the same with Bundesliga or La Liga, then I'm sure it would be flipped. Any company will cater more to a league that they have more license deals with or where their consumer base is more supportive of. That's the EPL, love it or hate it.

As for why that's a good idea, it's much better to produce a new feature that isn't buggy and is actually successful. You are going to play The Journey for the RPG feel of it. Sure it would be great to customize and pick any league, but they did extensive shooting and used real actors for the scenes, so it was never truly intended to be a customized feature.

In future versions, I'd love if they open it up to be customizable, and I think they probably would, they just want to make sure the feature wasn't buggy or lacking in depth.

100% agree with this. I hope they take the feedback they get and improve it where possible.

Sep 19, 2008
I like The Journey. Very cinematically done and reminds me of 2k player mode. Even has the followers approval, manager approval etc rating.

Even with the Premier League interview backgrounds at the end of the game :laugh: It's amazing.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I like The Journey. Very cinematically done and reminds me of 2k player mode. Even has the followers approval, manager approval etc rating.

Even with the Premier League interview backgrounds at the end of the game :laugh: It's amazing.

I think that was definitely their intention. Provide roughly 10-20 hours of play in a unique game mode that is their variation on something that has been done before. It's a fixed RPG games like many other computer games.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's pretty accurate. I do question EA's rating at times (Christian Pulisic potential of 84), but for the most part they do a pretty good job.

Since you brought up Pulisic, if you train and play them, they can still outgrow their potential like players do in real life. With Chelsea I got Pulisic up to 74 midway through my first season, so with his age, he definitely has the potential to outgrow his potential.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Since you brought up Pulisic, if you train and play them, they can still outgrow their potential like players do in real life. With Chelsea I got Pulisic up to 74 midway through my first season, so with his age, he definitely has the potential to outgrow his potential.

Oh yeah I know that, but I still feel his base potential and rating should be higher than that. I think a rating of 72 and potential of 86 is more than fair for him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's pretty accurate. I do question EA's rating at times (Christian Pulisic potential of 84), but for the most part they do a pretty good job.

Ah Good to know thanks.

It's hard making them grow just to reach their potential let alone surpass it. Even after I play them players like halilovic stagnate.

Just scrolling through players ratings...Mammana's rating at 80. How am I supposed to build a squad with no CB's?:rant::laugh:

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Eb games has a really good deal right now. You can buy the game for 80 and if you dont like it trade it back in before Oct 2 for 80 store credit

basically gotta pay taxes to try the game.

in terms of the game, i only played a couple games. reviews said the game felt the same as fifa 16 which was worrying at first. I tried and it has a similar feel to PES 2017. Obviously game play isnt as polished but it definitely plays different from fifa 16 IMO

I tried doing the whole option file play on PES 2017 to get the jerseys and stuff and its A LOT of work. Its almost a deal breaker

Very excited for the journey tho. every review site raved about it. thats a lot of hype!

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Holy **** the game is being sold at 80$ these days?

My wife kind of forced me to get rid of my PS 3 years ago when she was pregnant with our first child, I haven't played since. I think I used to buy it for like 65$.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00