The official FIFA 17 thread

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The link up play in the midfield feels a lot better. I like the new system for free kicks and penalties but it feels way to easy. Like I am dominating on the same settings I used on 16 and had fairly even games.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The game is fantastic. The AI is the best it's ever been and it's the first time I feel that you can truly play pretty football on FIFA with tight passing and smart runs by the AI teammates. The slower players also feel more effective IMO because the skill feels more important. Defense feels a little more open/looser, not sure if that is the best description, but more positive steps to emphasize timing and positioning.

Shooting feels improved and more realistic. I think certain formations will be more improved with the smarter teammates. I feel the traditional 4-3-3 and formations where players are spread out will be very effective with a greater emphasis on passing and runs. In 16 I feel that the formations with inside forwards, the 4-3-2-1 was more effective than formations where you spread everyone out.

Penalties are completely revamped in a way that will take getting used to for some.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I like the changes however it seems like every single player is built like a rock. They can hold up the ball without being knocked over. Almost a complete opposite if Fifa 16.

Also I might need to play the penalties more but the animation for the penalties seem lacking. It's as if there is no way to blast a penalty in. I could be wrong though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Also I might need to play the penalties more but the animation for the penalties seem lacking. It's as if there is no way to blast a penalty in. I could be wrong though.

There is, I've done it, and youtubers have as well. It just takes practice. You can absolutely crush them into the top corner like the pros do in real life.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah the Penalties feel really good once you get the form down. Same with free kicks. I've scored some ridiculous goals though like screamers from 30-40 yards out, I am hoping they just tune the difficult before release a bit.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
I downloaded the demo when it came out. Since then I've played the Alex Hunter story twice and it has caught my attention. Really liked that.

I've played the following matches

Juventus - Man Utd
Inter - Man Utd
City - Man Utd
Bayern - Madrid
Madrid - some Japanese team.

After 3 matches I started to dominate. Will see if I can change the settings for next time I log on.

Free kicks, corners and PK's are different. Not sure I prefer it yet but will keep at it. It's interesting. I've only taken 1 PK so far and it was a weak slow kick down the middle. Fortunately for me the goalie dived right.

I'm more interested in the Ultimate Team feel of the game, will have to wait until it comes out.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
The demo exceeded my expectations. I'm a fan of the more natural, slower-pace gameplay the it seems to introduce. I'm very excited for the game.

Sep 19, 2008
The demo is alright but played it once. Didn't really notice anything that drastic.

And yeah to play early you need Xbox one and EA access. It's ten hours too but that'll be enough for most people.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
FIFA soundtracks are always great.

How do you get the early release, what do you have to do to get on that list?

EA access app on the Xbox. You have to pay for it, but it's not crazy bad since you can get a bunch of games for free and games on discount.
Plus you can subscribe to EA Access for one month at a time. So you can subscribe for September, get FIFA early and then cancel. Unless something has changed. I like to have the option of selling the game later on, though, so I'm buying the hard copy.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
For sports game, I normally buy every other year so I have FIFA 15 and interested if I should upgrade to FIFA 17 or should I wait one more year for FIFA 18?

I normally spend majority of my time on two separate career modes, one as a player and the other as a manager. Did they upgrade the youth system or the scouting system by any chance? And what about transferable characters like MLB The Show has for each year?

I ask is because I am a big fan of conducting "feeder" type of squads like Porto. So I normally start with a 2nd division club, use all my resources on scouting to make high potential club, develop the players, stay competitive to reach CL/Euros, and then sell them at a profit to bigger clubs.

Some problems I have had in FIFA 15 is that the accuracy of the players names for the country is lacking. For example, I remember scouting and getting a players like Bueno Gutierrez del Paco from Croatia and Rafael van de Vess in Russia. Additionally, by the 7th or 8th year, a lot of my scouts couldn't find any youth players. Is that a glitch? And I am not talking about countries like Saudi Arabia or New Zealand, talking about Brasil, Belgium, and Denmark.

Another problem I had which would glitch and freeze my career, is signing multiple prospects from the youth system at a time. You only could have signed one and only one to prevent this freezing. Another aspect I didn't fancy too much for was the basic functionality of the international scouting system of whatever it's called. It's the one where you would hire scouts and scout the individual country's leagues like EPL, Championship 1, and Championship 2. It was just a pain in the ass because there are honestly like 5 leagues you would ONLY want to choose from. And the scouts normally stayed in each country for like 2 weeks before they had to move. It sucked because that was your main contribution if you actually wanted to sign a player via transfer market.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
16 was one of the worst in a long time IMO. I really like 12 and 13, and was content with 15. The demo has given me a lot of hope for this game, seems like long through balls shouldn't be the only way to attack/pass effectively this year thank god.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad