Online Series: The Official Disney+ Streaming Service Thread

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Launch dates announced and Pricing

I originally heard that Canada was going to launch next year. This makes more sense to launch all in parallel to the US.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I've seen it said that there will be access to Disney movies, Pixar etc. Is that their entire library? Because my kids would love that...

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I've seen it said that there will be access to Disney movies, Pixar etc. Is that their entire library? Because my kids would love that...

I assume so, but hard to tell with Disney. They've always guarded their back catalogue with limited video releases, that the concept of open season on everything feels foreign. That said, it'll be a while before they can build up their new content, so the back catalogue is what will drive subscriptions day one.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Doubt it’s their entire library.

Sounds like it: Disney Plus will be on most of the devices you use to stream -- but so far, not Amazon

Disney Plus will include all of Disney's family-friendly and much of its mass-audience fare. It'll have content from Disney proper, Marvel, Lucasfilm (so, Star Wars), Pixar and National Geographic. And, outside those traditional categories, it'll also offer all 30 seasons of The Simpsons, a new feather in its cap from the Fox takeover.

Reactions: Tuggy

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
National Geographic? I didn't even realize that was part of their catalogue. You would have to think the basic PG stuff is all going to be there, millions of families would make it an instant purchase.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

That looked much better than I expected. Never saw the original cartoon (except for the part they always show on From All Of Us To All Of You)but I think I got the comic adaptation as a present for the subscribers of the Donald Duck comic in Finland as a kid.

They also used rescue dogs in the movie.

Reactions: Pilky01

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Marvel stuff, but I’ll post it here too..

To be honest out of these three I am most interested in Ms. Marvel. Will be interesting to see a genuine kid become a superhero. Although I still hate stretchy powers.

She-Hulk has always seemed like a dumb concept to me and I have no idea what Moon Knight is.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

That looked much better than I expected. Never saw the original cartoon (except for the part they always show on From All Of Us To All Of You)but I think I got the comic adaptation as a present for the subscribers of the Donald Duck comic in Finland as a kid.

They also used rescue dogs in the movie.

That looks adorable. Almost might be a missed opportunity not putting it in theatre.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
To be honest out of these three I am most interested in Ms. Marvel. Will be interesting to see a genuine kid become a superhero. Although I still hate stretchy powers.

She-Hulk has always seemed like a dumb concept to me and I have no idea what Moon Knight is.

Moon Knight is what I’m most interested in. Then Ms. Marvel. I like the idea about She Hulk, but we’ll see.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

People are lining up to hand them their money.

It's really going to be interesting to see what their numbers are like when they do launch. They really have pulled out all the stops

Well I wouldn’t think the people who traveled to a Disney convention would be the type to wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad