Online Series: The Official Disney+ Streaming Service Thread

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Ok but seriously,.. Disney+, once you've seen the Marvel films and SW twice, that ain't worth crap or I'm missing something?

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Disney has signed up nearly 95 million Disney Plus subscribers globally — and aims to have 260 million subscribers by 2024

They might already have 100 million. In the the second half of 2021 it's set to launch in Eastern European countries like Czech Republic and Slovakia.

It's been telling that Disney, which has seen its core businesses of theme parks, cruises and movies all shut down over the past year, has seen its stock price rise considerably in that time.

If the pandemic hit a year earlier, it would have been a very different outcome.

Reactions: Voight

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Looks like Disney may add movies that their company made that were aimed for older audiences From Touchstone and other production companies they have run. Not sure what the name is going to be but it looks like they will launch it in Canada first

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Looks like Disney may add movies that their company made that were aimed for older audiences From Touchstone and other production companies they have run. Not sure what the name is going to be but it looks like they will launch it in Canada first

You've really slept on the Star thing.... They revealed it at their Investor's Call in December and it was covered here. We already know what we're getting in Finland on Monday when it opens.

Star (Disney+) - Wikipedia

Disney Plus is about to get a major upgrade in some countries

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Is anyone else having a problem where movies on the platform are missing? Trying to watch X-Men: The Last Stand which I know full well is on here, yet it doesn't appear when I search it up on either my phone or my computer. My girlfriend who I share an account with was able to pull it up just fine, and when she linked me to a groupwatch, I got an Error 41.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Is anyone else having a problem where movies on the platform are missing? Trying to watch X-Men: The Last Stand which I know full well is on here, yet it doesn't appear when I search it up on either my phone or my computer. My girlfriend who I share an account with was able to pull it up just fine, and when she linked me to a groupwatch, I got an Error 41.

It's under X-Men on mine.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's under X-Men on mine.
This is all that comes up for me when I search X-Men

upload_2021-3-1_17-33-20.png

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
We don't have the animated stuff here. :( But they've made it clear that due to preciously made licensing agreements some content could appear on other platforms for a while. Maybe it's out of your Disney+ for that reason?
Yep I just realized that they are still contracted to HBO Max in the US. My girlfriend is in Canada where this doesn't apply, which is why she was able to pull them up.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yep I just realized that they are still contracted to HBO Max in the US. My girlfriend is in Canada where this doesn't apply, which is why she was able to pull them up.

I think John Campea mentioned that there are several movies that are still tied to other streaming services, like HBO, that are not yet available in the US Disney+.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This is all that comes up for me when I search X-Men

View attachment 402115
The Disney search function is not great. When I start typing X- is shows all the X-men movies and animated stuff and includes Logan etc. But the more of "X-Men " I type the less stuff appears and Logan disappears by the end and so does some of the animated stuff.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The Disney search function is not great. When I start typing X- is shows all the X-men movies and animated stuff and includes Logan etc. But the more of "X-Men " I type the less stuff appears and Logan disappears by the end and so does some of the animated stuff.

Yeah, there's still some minor kinks to be worked out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad