Prospect Info: The OFFICIAL CFHF Flames Prospect Rankings. Top 20 Complete.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Another win for Milos:

upload_2019-8-29_0-58-9.png

Onto 13.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I dunno... Brad's team of Brad Marchands would be totally Brad ass!

It's very Pospisil that we are accumulating dirt bags to make it a reality.
We should be careful... Puns bring us close to Ban Hammer territory!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
upload_2019-9-2_8-48-49.png

The recent 7th-rounder takes it. On to 14. Sorry for forgetting about this for a few days. It's going to be tight to get this to 20 before training camp at this rate.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Did Wolf's tires ever get pumped here after we picked him :laugh:
I dig that pick in the 7th round, but he's not in our top 15 prospects currently.

The best goalie we have is always the one who hasn’t played yet

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Did Wolf's tires ever get pumped here after we picked him :laugh:
I dig that pick in the 7th round, but he's not in our top 15 prospects currently.

Hmm... I dunno. Around 10-15th makes sense to me. Starting around this range ish, there's quite a few players who haven't proven anything since being property of the org. Part of that might be some of us really letting the air out of the tires out of a few guys that we've given up on from last year (ie: Gilles) and us losing a ton of those names on last years list.

Wolf did get an invite to a tournament recently which increases his stock (U18?) he isn't some no one who hasn't done anything to increase his stock since drafted/acquired. AZ probably is the same calibre of goalie if not superior, but we haven't heard much since acquiring him other than him coming over to try and take the next step.

For those who followed pre-draft Wolf, they were actually surprised he went in the 7th. Some were slating him to be a 4th-5th round pick at worst in their projected rankings. It was supposedly solely due to size that he fell so far. I get that goalies are voodoo, but grabbing him with a later pick than slated and him being recognized as a talent for the American team is a good thing and him proving thus far he was a good pick is why I have him in the middle of the pack for all of our prospects (many of the remaining guys freebies).

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I completely missed that both Lomberg and Tuola are still on the board.

Tuulola being missed makes sense. He did take the long way around and is cycling back into the system now. New toy syndrome drops him and all.

Lomberg on the other hand, I don't know what to think. I feel like he is definitely closer to NHL ready than most of the other guys and even guys who are ranked and he's probably in the same mold as Tkachuk (super lite) and maybe Pelletier (as of now)... but as an undrafted toiling through our system... I can't seem to figure out if I should think of him like Garnet Hathaway, or a Phillips type player. Him being around so long, undrafted etc. and he is definitely bound to be near the bottom of the rankings for sure. I honestly don't know what to think of him and whether he'd even be able to carve out something decent in the NHL, even though I do quite like his style. I would definitely say even if I were to rank him, his ranking wouldn't properly reflect how much I actually do like having him in our system and my hopes that he get a few games or so.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Tuulola being missed makes sense. He did take the long way around and is cycling back into the system now. New toy syndrome drops him and all.

Lomberg on the other hand, I don't know what to think. I feel like he is definitely closer to NHL ready than most of the other guys and even guys who are ranked and he's probably in the same mold as Tkachuk (super lite) and maybe Pelletier (as of now)... but as an undrafted toiling through our system... I can't seem to figure out if I should think of him like Garnet Hathaway, or a Phillips type player. Him being around so long, undrafted etc. and he is definitely bound to be near the bottom of the rankings for sure. I honestly don't know what to think of him and whether he'd even be able to carve out something decent in the NHL, even though I do quite like his style. I would definitely say even if I were to rank him, his ranking wouldn't properly reflect how much I actually do like having him in our system and my hopes that he get a few games or so.

I doubt it. AHL production is ok, but the guy legit has 0 hands and can barely handle a puck at the nhl level. Best case scenario imo is a smaller version of Hathaway. Perhaps he can provide energy and whatnot, but I think he tops out as a solid ahl player who can occasionally get a call-up.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I doubt it. AHL production is ok, but the guy legit has 0 hands and can barely handle a puck at the nhl level. Best case scenario imo is a smaller version of Hathaway. Perhaps he can provide energy and whatnot, but I think he tops out as a solid ahl player who can occasionally get a call-up.

Fair points, but why is he still in the system when many others have been turfed before him? Management likes something about him. He's a kinda old school type of dude. Something around Verbeek and Theo with none of the points. He's kind of a new school type of chihuahua enforcer/pest type, but his lack of skills and size would really keep him from being a 4th liner 13th player sort of guy.

Which brings me back to my confusion. Management likes having him around and management isn't shy in dropping guys they don't want. But is he realistically going to suit up for us? He's the same age as Jankowski. That's why I'm confused as to where to rank him. I think I and others would rank him very low, but the likelihood of him getting NHL games would be significantly higher than most of the guys above him with the exception of maybe one or two guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad