Prospect Info: The OFFICIAL CFHF Flames Prospect Rankings. Top 20 Complete.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Screenshot_20190905-182611.png

No Svendetta here.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ain't nobody been hit harder by the "what have you done for me lately" bat than Jon Gillies.
He was also plagued with by far the worst defense in front of him that I have seen since I started watching the baby Flames

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Wait, Wolf got picked before a guy that looked decent in the 2nd best league in the world?
And?

One is an 18 year old boom or bust prospect, that just put up elite numbers in his draft eligible season in the worlds best developmental league and likely would have been taken in the top 60 if he wasn't just 5'11. The other is 24 years old and while he looked good in the KHL only played 25 games (and only has 36 overall in the KHL) and is more likely to be closer to his peak. Add in that many KHL goalies have come to the NHL and looked average or worse and it's not hard to understand why people might rate Wolf higher.

If we were rating who is better right now, Zagidulin would win hands down.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Personally I would've had Zagi first, because I am pretty high on him. I get why people are excited for Wolf though, he is a true darkhorse for our prospect pool. Goalie equivalent of Gaudreau, perhaps.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Personally I would've had Zagi first, because I am pretty high on him. I get why people are excited for Wolf though, he is a true darkhorse for our prospect pool. Goalie equivalent of Gaudreau, perhaps.
I never voted for either, but for me it would be Wolf. He's 6 years younger, just led the entire CHL (min. 15 gp) in minutes played, wins, GAA and SV%, he was also tied for 2nd in shutouts. All in his draft eligible season. Honestly, I have no idea how this kid lasted until the 7th round.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

AZ is a "safe pick". If he succeeds in a way that surprises us, no one blinks an eye. Goalies are weird and there's always a high chance of bust over boom.

Wolf is a super duper boom or bust pick. He's boomin' like hell right now though. His name is also perfect for hype thrusters 1000. It's more exciting in terms of emotional roller coaster to go with Wolf over AZ.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad