The Official Android Thread Part XVI: Care for a slice of Pie?

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Definitely looking at getting a Pixel in the next few months (OnePlus 7 Pro currently) nothing's been wrong with my OP, just a cracked screen. Just not a huge fan of the pop up camera

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I don't know what do any more. I was dead set on the One Plus 9 pro. Then I saw the Asus Rog 5 is now tempting me. There's also the Black Shark 4 and Red Magic 6. I don't know what do any more.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So I don't know if there's any android phone experts on here, but I thought I'd ask. I have a limited time deal and do need a new phone, but don't really have the time to do a thorough break down on models. I'm looking at Samsungs and have the Galaxy S10, A13, and A52 as the $15/month for 2 years with no down options.

I could afford something better, at a very quick glance the S20 FE and S21 FE are 25 and 33/month with no down but honestly I really don't do a whole lot with my phone. Been running an LG Stylo 3 for a few years now. I could stick with it but I'm in a new job now and this phone isn't compatible with the company apps. But otherwise I barely use the camera, could possibly be interested but generally don't play games on it, don't stream shows, and have very little use for "apps". Generally it's just a phone/text and reading/listening device for me.

Edit: Looking at specs I see newer versions don't have internal memory slot or audio jack so I'll probably just go with the S10+.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
So I don't know if there's any android phone experts on here, but I thought I'd ask. I have a limited time deal and do need a new phone, but don't really have the time to do a thorough break down on models. I'm looking at Samsungs and have the Galaxy S10, A13, and A52 as the $15/month for 2 years with no down options.

I could afford something better, at a very quick glance the S20 FE and S21 FE are 25 and 33/month with no down but honestly I really don't do a whole lot with my phone. Been running an LG Stylo 3 for a few years now. I could stick with it but I'm in a new job now and this phone isn't compatible with the company apps. But otherwise I barely use the camera, could possibly be interested but generally don't play games on it, don't stream shows, and have very little use for "apps". Generally it's just a phone/text and reading/listening device for me.

Edit: Looking at specs I see newer versions don't have internal memory slot or audio jack so I'll probably just go with the S10+.

The S10+ is a great option for you. In fact, I'm considering one for myself. A flagship like that from several years ago is better than any newer budget phone like Samsung's 'A' series. The S20 and S21, because they're newer flagships, are even better, but they're overkill for what you'd use the phone for. There's no sense in paying $500+ for a phone that you use mostly as a phone. I approve of going with the S10+. BTW, if you haven't checked it out, gsmarena.com is a great resource for comparing specs, especially with their "Compare" tool (example).

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The S10+ is a great option for you. In fact, I'm considering one for myself. A flagship like that from several years ago is better than any newer budget phone like Samsung's 'A' series. The S20 and S21, because they're newer flagships, are even better, but they're overkill for what you'd use the phone for. There's no sense in paying $500+ for a phone that you use mostly as a phone. I approve of going with the S10+. BTW, if you haven't checked it out, gsmarena.com is a great resource for comparing specs, especially with their "Compare" tool (example).

Yeah thanks that's what I ended up going with. And I believe that's the site I was using to compare, just from a google search. The S10's are refurbished phones while the A would be new but that's fine with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad