The Official Android Thread Part XVI: Care for a slice of Pie?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Anyone else looking forward to the Pixel 3 being officially unveiled tomorrow? We already know most things about it it would seem, but I'm still excited. Hopefully my carrier will have the phone available for purchase right away. My contract is up and I've been waiting for the Pixel 3 XL.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Bought the shit out of the Pixel 3 128GB in Black. Even got the preferred care. Almost $1100. I also just bought a clear case for it and a wireless charging station from Amazon. I think I'm set :).

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Looks-wise I'm not crazy about them but I like the looks of the non-XL better that is for sure.

I currently have an OG Pixel and will get the 3, just gonna hold out for a good deal from Rogers.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I bought the Pixel 2 last year, so I'll wait for the Pixel 4 before an upgrade. They aren't offering enough money on a trade in to validate the upgrade.

I'm hoping that they'll be announcing a new Chromebook that can dual-boot Windows. I'd be very interested in that depending upon the specs.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I pre-ordered the Pixel 3 XL in white, 64GB from my carrier. I'm eligible for a phone upgrade and don't pay full price for my service because of my job, so may as well save $750 on the up front cost.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Bought the **** out of the Pixel 3 128GB in Black. Even got the preferred care. Almost $1100. I also just bought a clear case for it and a wireless charging station from Amazon. I think I'm set :).
If you pre-ordered from Google itself, you should be getting a free Pixel Stand so you wouldn't need the wireless charger from Amazon, no?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It comes with a free stand? I didn't think it did?
Seems like it was a Verizon promo yesterday. I know that all of the Canadian carriers are giving out a code for a free Pixel Stand, figured it was everywhere. My bad.

edit: You get the stand for free if you order on Google in Canada, too. You just need to add it to your cart and it'll be at $0 in your cart.

v3hU1Yt.png

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It comes with a free stand? I didn't think it did?

I don't know about the Pixel 3, but last year they gave away Google Home Mini's with purchases after the initial release. Instead of canceling my order and re-ordering it, I just called them up and asked if I could have one so I didn't have to return the phone. They sent it.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Been using the Pixel 3 XL since Thursday last week, and I'm loving it. The battery life is great, and the screen is incredible.

I'm also not experiencing any of the issues some people are. Google's also mentioned that a patch will be coming in the upcoming weeks to fix some of the RAM management issues people are having. Lovely.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So I have a tablet that I bought at an estate sale sort of thing, things that were re-possessed.

One of them was this Galaxy Tab 2 thing, I tried to log in, has this security crap (Knox and some Enterprise thing) and because it's a company that went belly up, the people to contact don't exist, Samsung is virtually useless.

So I looked into Rooting it, the only issue is, when you root it, you're rooting it back with Samsung crap still on it. Is there a way to root it with a different version of Android that doesn't have Knox and that Enterprise junk on it?

Otherwise, I have a pretty neat coaster!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad