The Official Alexander Ovechkin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolinaCapsFan

May 26, 2005
NC
I personally can't wait to see an Ovechkin / Zubrus / Semin line in the MCI center. Washingt will have it's own red army :yo:

Kovo

May 30, 2005
(Technical Ability: A terrific puck handler...possesses great hand to eye coordination...very soft hands!)
does anyone agrees that ovechkins hands are overrated :dunno:

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Kovo said:
(Technical Ability: A terrific puck handler...possesses great hand to eye coordination...very soft hands!)
does anyone agrees that ovechkins hands are overrated :dunno:
No, his hands aren't so good as Datsyuk's, but his wristshot is one the best and can be compared with Kovalev's wristshot very easy, in my opinion.

Last edited:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Kaizer said:
No his hands aren't so good as Datsyuk's, but his wristshot is one the best and can be compared with Kovalev's wristshot very easy, in my opinion.

Datsyuk has unreal puckhandling...probably the best the NHL has to offer. I'd put Ovechkin in the next category with a few other players.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
CarolinaCapsFan said:
I personally can't wait to see an Ovechkin / Zubrus / Semin line in the MCI center. Washingt will have it's own red army :yo:

If anything it'll be a Semin-Zubrus-Ovechkin line. Ovy is right handed and can play either wing. He just prefers playing on the off wing. Most likely Semin and Ovy will be split up.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Caps GM to meet with AO's agent over the weekend

http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17248

According to Sports Talk 980 here in Washington McPhee is going to meet with Meehan over the weekend. Since they can't negotiage a contract until the CBA is ratified I am not sure what they are going to talk about. This is good news, also it said that the deadline may not be ironclad or something to that effect. They didn't go into details. They actually had some callers call in and talk about hockey. It was good to hear.

banjaxths

Jul 14, 2005
Cush said:

That's actually some good news. I continue to be positive that the Caps and AO will work this thing out. Caps want/need him (both for the team on the ice as well as to put fans in the seats) him, AO wants to be an NHL star...that doesn't happen with AO playing in Russia another year.

Nice to hear there was some hockey talk on 980 (for a change). At least with the Nats it hasn't been "all Deadskins, all the time."

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The good news is that the Jul 20th deadline is not a deadline for Ovechkin to sign his rookie contract but merely to opt out of his Omsk deal. McPhee is meeting with his agent this weekend to run through the CBA language to give Ovechkin an idea of what to expect should he decide to sign next week...

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
EroCaps said:
The good news is that the Jul 20th deadline is not a deadline for Ovechkin to sign his rookie contract but merely to opt out of his Omsk deal. McPhee is meeting with his agent this weekend to run through the CBA language to give Ovechkin an idea of what to expect should he decide to sign next week...

If this is true, it is indeed great news for the Caps.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that while they can't really discuss the contract, Ovechkin is going to have a crustal clear picture of what he will earn in the NHL (which should be the max rookie contract anyway) when McPhee talks to him.

I thought the deadline was to sign but if it's not, it's a lot simpler. Boils down to where he really wants to play.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Epsilon said:
I look forward to watching Ovechkin fight it out for the Calder trophy this year.
One of the favourites for sure. Nice to see this decision. From everything I have heard and seen, I like this kid. :handclap:

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Out of curiosity, how come you aren't allowed to post full articles on this site?

dem

Mar 17, 2002
mschmidt64 said:
Out of curiosity, how come you aren't allowed to post full articles on this site?

Whoever runs this place is a little uptight. ;)

I frequent a lot of popular forums and I've never seen the rule enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad