The Official Alexander Ovechkin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
hab 4ever said:
Great news ! I expect a very good rookie season for him, being one year older than Kovalchuk when the latter came over. Getting top-line minutes in the new-wave NHL, I feel like 30 goals is probable.
It's possible, though I'd say that "probable" is a bit of a stretch.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Now that he has decided he wants to come over how will that work since the NHL doesn't have a transfer agreement with the RSL? Does Washington have to work out an agreement with Omsk or Dynamo? I would assume Omsk at this point. That tranfer agreement might be a problem.

Divine Wind

invader Zim said:
It'll be a great Rookie Crop. Ovechkin, Vanek,Crosby,Carter ......

Indeed, it will be great race for the Calder, the likes we have not seen in years! :handclap:

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Dan Galvin said:
Now that he has decided he wants to come over how will that work since the NHL doesn't have a transfer agreement with the RSL? Does Washington have to work out an agreement with Omsk or Dynamo? I would assume Omsk at this point. That tranfer agreement might be a problem.
Isn't he a "free agent" --- meaning no contract with either team?

And from what I heard, the IIHF is all but done --- just needs to be signed.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Crosby with Pittsburg and Ovechkin with Washington. Damn it! Could it sucks even more than that? Why didn't they end up in real hockey cities. Trade Ovechkin to Montreal!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
EroCaps said:
I was under the impression it was another year before EM came over?
They're trying to sign him right now. Nothing's a guarantee, but it certainly won't be 2 or 3 years before he comes over.

JayRice66

Jul 31, 2005
Wheeling, WV
Going by the local channels here around pittsburgh. The pens are talking to Malkin. It could go either way right now. Personally I hope he comes over. The guy is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad