The Official Alexander Ovechkin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
Philip J. Fry said:
It was funny? Alright then...

Sorry, I guess only Wilka and I can see the humor in it!!! But you're original statement was a little uneducated, in my opinion anyways. There are plenty of good Ovechkin highlites lying around.

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
I'm not trying to put you down or anything, I hope you're not taking this the wrong way. No harm intended.Cool?!?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Ovechkin and Malkin are Gods : they scored another goal against Sweden today, this time Ovechkin finished off the play. Video in the "Russia" forum.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
wilka91 said:
Ovechkin and Malkin are Gods : they scored another goal against Sweden today, this time Ovechkin finished off the play. Video in the "Russia" forum.
Ovy and Malkin was just exellent on the ice. Semin too. They're gonna have their brake through in the WC's. Ovechkin's goal was......just fantastic. Takes the puck on the blue line, sort of jumps over Franzén and takes the puck on forehand and shoots a snapshot over Holmquist in the Swedes goal, while skating in the different direction.

Mr.Brownov*

Rumor Central: Soviet Sport newspaper reported that Metallurg (Magnitogorsk) is actively pursuing Alexander Ovechkin (Washington Capitals), who became a free agent after the conclusion of the 2004-05 Super League (Russia 1) season. Reportedly, Metallurg is offering the first overall pick in 2004 a cool 1.5 million to join the Magnitogorsk club. It is likely that the young forward will remain with Dynamo, but the Moscow club would need to present a comparable offer.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Update:

Ovechkin finished w/4 goals to lead the Russian Men. Kovalchuck and Datsyuk had 3. He had 5 pts in the tourney which was 2nd to those Kovalchuck and Datsyuk's 6. Sick.

IMO the only player in the 18-21 age bracket more impressive has been Nash- but by quite a bit. Though Nash has a couple years on AO, *cough*Crosby's defense*cough*. ;)

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
EroCaps said:
Update:

Ovechkin finished w/4 goals to lead the Russian Men. Kovalchuck and Datsyuk had 3. He had 5 pts in the tourney which was 2nd to those Kovalchuck and Datsyuk's 6. Sick.

IMO the only player in the 18-21 age bracket more impressive has been Nash- but by quite a bit. Though Nash has a couple years on AO, *cough*Crosby's defense*cough*. ;)

Actually Kovalchuk has only 5 points, as an assist was recorded by error to Kovy instead of Yashin in the Rus-Cze game.

So Ovechkin has 4 goals, 1 assist, and Kovalchuk 3 goals, 2 assists. :D

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Erocaps avatar is easily the most awesome Ovechkin picture yet. I think a really good wallpaper concept would be that picture, but with various Ovechkin highlights as the images in the visor.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Edit:

AO finishes as Russia's leading goal and pointscorer w/5 and 8 respectively after Russia's win over Sweden today.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
CapitalPunishment55 said:
thanks a bunch! any of semin? :)

I think later will be. The guy who made most videos from this WC (MrBIG) found a new host (the old one was blocked), so later will be a lot of clips including Semin's goals vs Canada and vs Sweden.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Does anyone have the one clip that was going around( i belive it was label 4.philaflava). Its when Ovechkin splits 2 defenceman rstennett and jaygloss and beats the goalie jason phill (aka Philaflava). The best part of the clip was when philaflava got mad and chucked his waterbottle at Ovechkins head. :amazed: Philaflava was a great goalie but was known to be a hot head, I remeber once after arguing with the reffs, he put his stick between his legs and pretended like he was masterbating. But if anyone can find the clip i spoke of above i would be very greatfull. I saw this clip a little over a year ago if that helps.

stocktrader

Does anyone in here know if Ovechkin's shoulder has fully recovered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad