OT: The Off-Topic Thread sponsored by Hank Scorpio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Can't wait for it. I don't want to disclose exactly how much of a Star Wars nerd I am, and I'm surprised no one has ever said anything to me on these Wings forums, but..... my handle. It's not only Star Wars related, but it's deeply tied to the history of Boba Fett.

Damn it, I think I kinda just disclosed how much of a Star Wars nerd I am. Anyway, I'm not sure even Wookieepedia goes into this much detail, but before this current era, way before the prequels, and even the special editions.... back in the 90s, in the wake of Timothy Zahn's iconic Thrawn trilogy.... Jaster Mereel was believed to be Boba Fett's real name. That lore was later fleshed out and Jaster Mereel became a separate character altogether. But back when I began using the handle on the early internet, it was Boba Fett's "true" identity :wally:

I have a Wraith Squadron tattoo....

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Jurassic World Evolution 2 is a damn good game, build off the first one quite well. If you like dinosaurs or park builders, this game is going to since a hundred hours of your time easily.

Reactions: jkutswings

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Most most played Steam games are:
1. Eastside Hockey Manager
2. Rocket League
3. Football Manager Series
4. Rimworld
5. Franchise Hockey Manager Series
6. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
7. Crusader Kings Series
8. Sid Meier's Civilization VI
9. Age of Empires II
10. Stardew Valley

Let's see what Steam tells me. Although this won't include hours in MMOs like Final Fantasy 14 or Elder Scrolls Online. I'd rather not see those hours anyway. I once checked my World of Warcraft hours when that game was at it's peak 15 years ago and I nearly fainted.

1. Hunt Showdown
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Dark Souls
4. Wurm Online
5. Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim
6. Dark Souls 2
7. Divinity Original Sin
8. Valheim
9. Project Gorgon
10. Civilization 5

I'd guess some that would eclipse these would be the Mass Effect trilogy, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Witcher 3, and especially my favorite Bloodborne which were all on other platforms.

Honorable mentions: Darkest Dungeon, The Long Dark, Witcher 2, Team Fortress 2, PUBG.

Reactions: Konnan511

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Let's see what Steam tells me. Although this won't include hours in MMOs like Final Fantasy 14 or Elder Scrolls Online. I'd rather not see those hours anyway. I once checked my World of Warcraft hours when that game was at it's peak 15 years ago and I nearly fainted.

1. Hunt Showdown
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Dark Souls
4. Wurm Online
6. Dark Souls 2
7. Divinity Original Sin
8. Valheim
9. Project Gorgon
10. Civilization 5

I'd guess some that would eclipse these would be the Mass Effect trilogy, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Witcher 3, and especially my favorite Bloodborne which were all on other platforms.

Honorable mentions: Darkest Dungeon, The Long Dark, Witcher 2, Team Fortress 2, PUBG.
Very different tastes in games lol. Only ones I have played are RDR2, Civ series, Valheim, and Mass Effect Trilogy. Oh, and a stupid amount of hours in Skyrim.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

1. Hunt Showdown
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Dark Souls
4. Wurm Online
6. Dark Souls 2
7. Divinity Original Sin
8. Valheim
9. Project Gorgon
10. Civilization 5

I have literally not played a second of any of these games.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
I've played them all except Hunt, Wurm and Gorgon. Played everything in the honorable mentions list too, some great games there. I put too many hours into Dark Souls.

I really like Slay the Spire a lot, it's been a go-back-to game for years. I've been messing with the Halo Infinite campaign too, it's better than I expected.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Just made it through that new Dexter season, it was campy and unrealistic, so basically picked up where it left off. I liked it well enough.

Need to watch Cobra Kai season 4 and then I'll get to Letterkenny most likely.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Who was making the Red Wings dice game? I was browsing the new HeroQuest game online today and my memory was jogged. Wondering how the game turned out if it came to fruition.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Just made it through that new Dexter season, it was campy and unrealistic, so basically picked up where it left off. I liked it well enough.

Need to watch Cobra Kai season 4 and then I'll get to Letterkenny most likely.
I forgot this was back on, thanks for reminding me!

Just watched the Harry Potter special, definitely almost shed a couple tears.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I never really played the games, is The Witcher a good watch?

Season 1 is almost exclusively stuff from the books that happens before the games. So other than knowing all the main characters up front and some of the world politics, I really wasn't familiar with any of the plotlines.

I just started season 2 and it also seems to diverge on a few elements already.

So basically, no, I don't think the games are required. Netflix Witcher is an adaptation of the books and they are diverging from the books pretty liberally I hear. The show is really its own thing.

Edit: And I'm now just realizing you're only asking if it's any good, lol. My bad.

Well, I think season 1 really tried something difficult by playing with multiple timelines happening all over. For the most part it works, but I'd also say it's a bit clunky at points. Contrast it to the way Station Eleven is handling such a story and it's night and day in quality. I really can't recommend Station Eleven enough, but that's a tangent.

If you're into dark fantasy with monsters and wizards and shit, it's pretty good. Season two, so far, seems to hit the vibe and tone of the Witcher I'm more familiar with from the games.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Season 1 is almost exclusively stuff from the books that happens before the games. So other than knowing all the main characters up front and some of the world politics, I really wasn't familiar with any of the plotlines.

So basically, no, I don't think the games are required. Netflix Witcher is an adaptation of the books and they are diverging from the books pretty liberally I hear. The show is really its own thing.

Edit: And I'm now just realizing you're only asking if it's any good, lol. My bad.

Well, I think season 1 really tried something difficult by playing with multiple timelines happening all over. For the most part it works, but I'd also say it's a bit clunky at points. Contrast it to the way Station Eleven is handling such a story and it's night and day in quality. I really can't recommend Station Eleven enough, but that's a tangent.

If you're into dark fantasy with monsters and wizards and shit, it's pretty good. Season two, so far, seems to hit the vibe and tone of the Witcher I'm more familiar with from the games.
I'll give it a go. I'm a big fan of the fantasy genre.

This is the first I am hearing of Station Eleven. Gives me some The 100 vibes, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It's also giving me some late game Walking Dead vibes, which I am not 100 sold on. Meet up, safety, battle, safety, battle, safety, battle, etc.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'll give it a go. I'm a big fan of the fantasy genre.

This is the first I am hearing of Station Eleven. Gives me some The 100 vibes, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It's also giving me some late game Walking Dead vibes, which I am not 100 sold on. Meet up, safety, battle, safety, battle, safety, battle, etc.

I don't know much about The 100 but Station Eleven is nothing like The Walking Dead.

It has a lot more DNA in common with The Leftovers. It's a show about how people cope with trauma and tragedy. It's also a miniseries, based on a novel, that's only 10 episodes. So that cycle isn't really a thing.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

I'm almost done with the first season but I feel like I'm lost the entire time with the timeline jumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00