OT: The Off-Topic Thread sponsored by Hank Scorpio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
#toothfairyproblems

My oldest has stacks and stacks of books piled next to his bed making it nearly impossible for the tooth fairy to make a deposit.

Awhile back The Wife found something similar to this. Really, any container would do, but it makes the whole tooth fairy thing so much easier.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Tooth fairies are very busy fairies, so to make it easier for them we keep your tooth on the stand by the door.

guinnessbrilliant.jpg

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
@Bondurant

Any PHX restaurant recommendations plz?
Chino Bandido
310 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85023

Carolina's Mexican Food
1202 E Mohave St, Phoenix, AZ 85034 & 2126 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85022

Detroit Coney Grill
6953 North Hayden Road, Scottsdale, Arizona 85250 & 699 South Mill Avenue, Tempe, Arizona 85281

Angel's Trumpet Alehouse
810 N 2nd St, Phoenix, AZ 85004

Matt's Big Breakfast (Small but popular. One of the best breakfast joints around but prepare to wait)
825 N 1st St, Phoenix, AZ 85004

In-N-Out and Whataburger locations all over the valley. Good fast food options.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Chino Bandido
310 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85023

Carolina's Mexican Food
1202 E Mohave St, Phoenix, AZ 85034 & 2126 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85022

Detroit Coney Grill
6953 North Hayden Road, Scottsdale, Arizona 85250 & 699 South Mill Avenue, Tempe, Arizona 85281

Angel's Trumpet Alehouse
810 N 2nd St, Phoenix, AZ 85004

Matt's Big Breakfast (Small but popular. One of the best breakfast joints around but prepare to wait)
825 N 1st St, Phoenix, AZ 85004

In-N-Out and Whataburger locations all over the valley. Good fast food options.

Matt's Big Breakfast was legit - my dad and I only went to the one downtown once, usually we went to the one in Scottsdale when we were out there for spring ball one year. The one at the airport was pretty good as well.

I liked Lo-Lo's (chicken and waffles). Always fun to have beer with breakfast food.

Reactions: ck26

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Matt's Big Breakfast was legit - my dad and I only went to the one downtown once, usually we went to the one in Scottsdale when we were out there for spring ball one year. The one at the airport was pretty good as well.

I liked Lo-Lo's (chicken and waffles). Always fun to have beer with breakfast food.
Lo-Lo's has A-game chicken and waffles. Need to go back. Been awhile.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
@Bench & @jaster and any other MN-adjacent hf’ers, I DoorDashed the Juicy Lucy from Ray-J’s last night (no delivery from Matt’s and the wife wasn’t excited about 5-8’s menu). A little underwhelmed, but I haven’t had a beef burger since last July, so maybe I built it up too much. Gotta get out to St Paul soon to hit up Cosetta’s and Moscow’s. Cheers!

Reactions: jaster

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
@Bench & @jaster and any other MN-adjacent hf’ers, I DoorDashed the Juicy Lucy from Ray-J’s last night (no delivery from Matt’s and the wife wasn’t excited about 5-8’s menu). A little underwhelmed, but I haven’t had a beef burger since last July, so maybe I built it up too much. Gotta get out to St Paul soon to hit up Cosetta’s and Moscow’s. Cheers!

Funny you say that. I was up in St Paul a couple weeks ago for my annual outdoor hockey trip (after skipping last year) and we hit up our regular spot, Groveland Tap. I got a Juicy Lucy, and my reaction was kinda the same.... this is not as good as I remember it. Kinda wish we had made it to Matt's, heh.

The hockey was good though. Our last skate of the last day we were there we got into a great pickup game at Groveland. There was a kid there with Minnesota State gloves on. Looked like he was 17. Buzzing all around, schooling everyone else. Chatted him up at one point. Turned out he was just baby-faced (and rail thin), but turns out he played at Minnesota State, went pro in the SPHL, and then blew out his back. Josh French. He was actually mid-20s and it was his first skate in 6 months. And at one point he walked the ever-loving shit out of me. I love it when guys better than me try to toe drag, because I'll take the puck off their stick almost every time in that case. No, this guy doesn't toe drag. He literally flips the puck up waist high, head-fakes like he's going right, slaps the puck out of the air on a 45 degree angle between my legs, bouncing past me, and then goes left around me and picked up the puck before I even figured out what was happening lol. Nothing I could do at that point except take off all my gear, hand it to him, and head to the bar.

I love hockey in Minnesota.

Last edited:

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Funny you say that. I was up in St Paul a couple weeks ago for my annual outdoor hockey trip (after skipping last year) and we hit up our regular spot, Groveland Tap. I got a Juicy Lucy, and my reaction was kinda the same.... this is not as good as I remember it. Kinda wish we had made it to Matt's, heh.

The hockey was good though. Our last skate of the last day we were there we got into a great pickup game at Groveland. There was a kid there with Minnesota State gloves on. Looked like he was 17. Buzzing all around, schooling everyone else. Chatted him up at one point. Turned out he was just baby-faced (and rail thin), but turns out he played at Minnesota State, went pro in the SPHL, and then blew out his back. Josh French. He was actually mid-20s and it was his first skate in 6 months. And at one point he walked the ever-loving shit out of me. I love it when guys better than me try to toe drag, because I'll take the puck off their stick almost every time in that case. No, this guy doesn't toe drag. He literally flips the puck up waist high, head-fakes like he's going right, slaps the puck out of the air on a 45 degree angle between my legs, bouncing past me, and then goes left around me and picked up the puck before I even figured out what was happening lol. Nothing I could do at that point except take off all my gear, hand it to him, and head to the bar.

I love hockey in Minnesota.

so cool! Always wanted to play in the pond hockey tourney here since I saw the documentary.

I haven’t played seriously since a 60 year old Lanny McDonald destroyed my team at the pond hockey classic in Montana a few years back. In our defense the hangovers we were playing through were HoF worthy.

I should find a team in MSP. Got some lockdown lbs to work off

Reactions: jaster

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
so cool! Always wanted to play in the pond hockey tourney here since I saw the documentary.

I haven’t played seriously since a 60 year old Lanny McDonald destroyed my team at the pond hockey classic in Montana a few years back. In our defense the hangovers we were playing through were HoF worthy.

These NHL guys are always flipping ridiculous. Did an open skate with Eric Nystrom at Arctic Edge in Canton. Holy f***, the dangles. It really is kind of amazing to see how f***ing good even the bottom line guys are. Also... thank god for double goalie cup that day.

Reactions: RayMoonDoh

jaster

Jun 8, 2007

Get back on that ice, ya bender!

That's awesome you got to play against Lanny McDonald? Amazing. Closest I can come to that is 1 degree of separation from Wayne Gretzky.

When I moved to Wichita, Kansas, back in the mid-2000s I joined a league there after not skating for a year or so. The season was just starting and the only open spots were in their A league. Now, I'm not an A league player, especially not here in Chicago, but I thought, hell, how good could an A league be in Kansas? Turns out pretty ridiculously good for some dumb reason. Lots of former pros there. So I got schooled for a few months before moving down a league lol. In the meantime, I had an awesome teammate named Rob Weingartner. Winey played several years in the East Coast league and was a coach for the Wichita Thunder at the time. He'd always put me on his line so he could feed me sauce. Real nice guy. Enjoyed being frustrated apparently lol. I think I had like 5 goals in 10 games and deserved exactly none of them. Anyway, one night I walk into the locker room and he's like, "ready to play Gretzky's teammate?" or something like that. I was like, "wha?" He goes "yeah, this guy Tom on the other team used to play with Gretzky." I said, "like in Squirts?" He goes, "no, in Edmonton." "F*** off," I say. Yeah, so that night I played against a late-40s Tom Roulston. Not a big name, but he played a couple hundred games in The Show for Edmonton and Pittsburgh, including with Wayne Gretzky. I think I blocked one of his shots. Can't really remember. I like to think I blocked one of his shots though :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: jkutswings

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
These NHL guys are always flipping ridiculous. Did an open skate with Eric Nystrom at Arctic Edge in Canton. Holy f***, the dangles. It really is kind of amazing to see how f***ing good even the bottom line guys are. Also... thank god for double goalie cup that day.

Ha. Nystrom and I were in undergrad in Ann Arbor at the same time. I played a couple pickup games with him (and several other Michigan players) in the summer. Yeah he was pretty good back then too.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
I watched a 30 minute "How To Play Chess" video yesterday, what a great choice! I tested positive for covid yesterday (asymptomatic), and since I'm quarantined for a few days I played until 5:30am last night. Chess.com grouped me in a 50 person league, I'm guessing it's 50 other people who signed up yesterday, and I'm ranked 1st out of 50 right now. Time to get studying some more chess videos and see how quickly I can get my ELO over 1000! I can beat the computers that are ranked around 1000 almost every time, but when it comes to playing against actual people it's a whole different story.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I had a package delivered by FedEx today. Actually delivered it, didn’t require a signature, and is sitting on my doorstep.

Truth be told, could always have a porch pirate, but my complex is super quiet.

Until I open said package, and test out my new speakers.
I've been having a big ole' deal with UPS this week.

Package was supposed to be delivered Monday, so I was at my place waiting for it. Package got delayed (it happens, but really needed it not to). Sent a change of address to UPS on Tuesday with their system and paid for it since I'd be away from my residence and had it delivered to my girlfriend. Called UPS after Tracking showed they received and updated the address and customer service said it should be delivered Wednesday. Called Wednesday to double confirm and was told yes it should be delivered today. package was not delivered and tracking now showed it to be delivered today. package was delivered today, but it was delivered to a CVS instead of the address I paid to change it to (the distance between original address and the new one is 5 miles). I called UPS and used my firm tone and they connected with the local UPS branch and they are re-picking up my package (Laptop I had to send to get fixed because the graphics card died, warranty claim) and delivering it tomorrow...hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad