OT: The Off-Topic Thread sponsored by Hank Scorpio

Status
Not open for further replies.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
in case anyone is wondering, 450 degrees is apparently the point at which pyrex casserole dishes might explode in your oven. I'm going to Arby's now.

...Arby's?

Edit/Add: Oh hey. I was thinking back to my time living in NE Ohio and I was struggling to remember the name of this pizza chain that was somewhat unique to the area. What are the most notable local pizza chains that come to mind for you?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Question... if you use the wrong "W" question on Jeopardy, is the answer incorrect?

Like if the clue was "This city hosted the 1998 Winter Olympics" and I answered "Who is Nagano" or "How is Nagano", would they have the balls to give me an incorrect answer?

I lean towards no because they let a professor say "Mackinac Island" pronounced exactly as it is spelled and they didn't buzz him incorrect. Like "Mack-i-nac Island".

It actually bugged me enough I rooted for him to lose the rest of that tournament. Also, he was just a weird dude anyway bragging about how he could defeat the "two separate people needed to fire a nuclear missle protections" because he was super tall.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
...Arby's?

Edit/Add: Oh hey. I was thinking back to my time living in NE Ohio and I was struggling to remember the name of this pizza chain that was somewhat unique to the area. What are the most notable local pizza chains that come to mind for you?

Yeah, tat chicken cheddar ranch sandwich. Just too tired and irritated to wait/travel for much of anything else. It was actually two deep dish pizzas the exploding dish ruined.

With pizza chains, I'm a bad one to ask because I just buy so much national chain pizza because it's the only affordable way to do it and feed everybody. The local place for me costs around $20 just if the wife and I are getting a pizza. The only local chain I can think of is Chet and Matt's, but I think they only have a few places from Sandusky to east of Cleveland.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Arby's Mkt. Fresh -Chicken Bacon n Ranch. + Turkey n Swiss. + 2 Beef n Cheddars & 1 lg. curly fries plz.

For you gamers, thought our #6 rank was interesting...(everybody loves virtual Raymond & Seider FOMO). Last I read DRW are still "America's Team" aka 1st in # of fans out of U.S. based teams....Probably has a lot to do with the rank

Capture.PNG

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Olive the Other Reindeer is a hidden gem that seems to be lost in time. By Matt Groening and voiced by Drew Barrymore its should hold your 3 year olds attention pretty well. Found the full version free on youtube. Its one of my wifes favorites.

Fantastic, thanks for the rec!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Olive the Other Reindeer is a hidden gem that seems to be lost in time. By Matt Groening and voiced by Drew Barrymore its should hold your 3 year olds attention pretty well. Found the full version free on youtube. Its one of my wifes favorites.

Not Christmas related, but this reminded me of another "lost in time" cartoon. I saw it as a kid back in 1994 and then never heard a thing about it my entire life. Until I thought of it one day and searched high and low to see if it was something I imagined. That was a fun few hours wondering if I was insane.

Edith Ann: A Few Pieces of the Puzzle

There is a Christmas version but I never actually saw this one as a little one...

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all. I ate up real guud at my family party.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Today? Hank has been gone 20 years.
I vaguely recall something happened to him back then, but didn't remember it being death. (parts of my memory fades at times.)

Growing up in Long Island, I did listen to Howard in ~1980/81 when 1st started via 66WNBC in NY. There was nobody like him back then, he was hilarious. Stopped listening til around late '90's/00's when he had the HS Show w/ Baba-booey et al.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I vaguely recall something happened to him back then, but didn't remember it being death. (parts of my memory fades at times.)

Growing up in Long Island, I did listen to Howard in ~1980/81 when he was on 66WNBC in NY. There was nobody like him back then, he was hilarious. Stopped listening til around late '90's/00's when he had the HS Show w/ Baba-booey et al.
I was still mourning his passing and then 9/11 happened and Hank was swept under the rug. His mom was on the show just a day or two before.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Secret Santa present from family.

Attachments

• 6F483ABB-5DEB-4BEE-9AED-2110D8400317.jpeg
    6F483ABB-5DEB-4BEE-9AED-2110D8400317.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Bench

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Any gamers that can recommend a XXXX/Grand Strategy game? Paradox sale going on thru Steam. Closest I’ve ever come to the genre is Age of Empires.

Interested in stellaris, CK3, EU4, and HOI4. Seems like the DLC is basically required in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad