The Nylander Chronicles Part XXI - Legal Drinking Age in the US Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
If you're willing to trade Nylander, you should be willing to trade Marner

If we look at their stats over the last two years, what do we see? Pretty much identical.

Despite this, it seems that they’re seen incredibly differently in the eyes of media and fans

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Marner is a local hometown kid.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I'm starting to think that Willie has more leverage here than I once thought. He's a great player, but I think the biggest card he holds here is holding out. If this goes beyond Dec 1st, you are likely looking at having to do this all over again next off-season, while simultaneously trying to sign Marner and Matthews. Holy ****, that would be a catastrophe for Dubas. And the idea of trading him before Dec 1st is great in theory, but what team wants a player who is unsigned, and is demanding 2 million more than he is worth? His trade value is supremely compromised by this fact. And a bridge deal? Good luck in two years when we are at the cap ceiling, and we have an asset that we need to move because we can't afford to sign him. We will not get fair value in a trade for Willie now or in two years. Not a chance.
This ,would be where Shanny steps in .if he hasn't already. Take all 3 aside alone,together,lay it out for them,show them the plan ,show them the math,show them comparisons,show them examples of past winning teams,show them what is fair ,whatever it takes! Find out if they want to win together or not...no bullshyte just straight shootin'. Let them mull it over for a short time if needed and then if one or all aren't on board you know you need to change plans!

Reactions: Lauro

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I have met Kypreos on many occasions, actually a pretty good looking well maintained cool guy. But wow, the poor guy must be under so much pressure to report on a kid that he probably would take into a corner and take out a few teeth.

Such is the pressure of living in Toronto and having to bring in the big cake all the time. Feed the mouths.

Every time I met Kipper he was with Mats. They really seemed like very close friends....

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I have met Kypreos on many occasions, actually a pretty good looking well maintained cool guy. But wow, the poor guy must be under so much pressure to report on a kid that he probably would take into a corner and take out a few teeth.

Such is the pressure of living in Toronto and having to bring in the big cake all the time. Feed the mouths.

Every time I met Kipper he was with Mats. They really seemed like very close friends....

Kipper used to come to some beer league games with my old boss, such a great guy!

In fact, he supplied my mom and dad with rail tickets, right on the ice for a Bruins and Leafs game. My dad had never seen a live NHL game, so I thought that was a super class move.

P.S. My mom is a Leaf fan and my dad is a Bruins fan lol Leafs won in a shootout

Reactions: hector morrison

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
You're adjusting for inflation but not taxes. That that into account as well and you're not far from the $6 mil.

Add in the fact that most agents and players and Kucherov himself thought that deal was way too team friendly and Dubas will deserve an award if he can manage to duplicate it. I think coming in over $5.5 but under $6.25 is more likely.
Willy Lives in Sweden by the way and not Canada. The tax advantage in Florida has been proven wrong as a Athlete who does not live in Canada pays a flat tax of 15% making his net pay more here then if he played in Florida. He pays taxes where he earns the money meaning that he pays in every state he plays in as well as the flat tax in Canada.

If we pay Willy over 5m per on a 4 year deal Willy will be over paid the amount over 5m in each year.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Well, Marner is a local boy and Nylander is a Swede - biased much?
That's the way...keep kickin' up dust on that low road! Seriously,how long you been watchin' hockey? There is no room for that Shyte ,it's been an international league for decades,so just stuff it!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Melander.... Best ever, better than the GIF of the top Leafs dancing with Lou and BadCock.

This situation with Nylander obviously states that the sport is now officially Money Time, McGregor, wrestling level fan interest.

Pro sports are a joke now. Its sodom and gomorrah to see a goof like this kid who cannot dig out a puck hold out.

Punch Imlach is laughing from a deep spot down.

Yeah Imlach had it good, was the boss when players had virtually no rights, were grossly underpaid and treated like cattle by the owners. Now the owners are forced to share the wealth with the players, what a joke indeed. Someone should put that Nylander kid into his place, wait not just him of course but every other player in the league too. Roll back time by about 70 years or so, that'll teach 'em.

AlmightyPO

Dec 13, 2009
London
Each day that passes the future cap hit (years 2+) of the contract drops. A 6 x $6.5 million deal is essentially a 6 x $6.333 million deal.

If we do sign him now to something with those numbers my guess is that the cause of the hold-up was actually Dubas. My bet would be that Dubas offered a 'low-ball' offer (6 x $6 million or even less) and didn't budge. I think the reason he was so comfortable with this is that he realized the cap benefit that comes the longer the player holds out. I think he hoped that Nylander would cave but was prepared if he didn't. I think they always planned to up their offer late-Oct/early-Nov (which is what I think is happening now) because an increase of 500k is really only 300k.

A small difference for sure but it is still enough of an advantage that it was worth the risk of trying to get Nylander to sign that initial low-ball offer. I think the primary goal was to get Nylander at $6 million and, if not, the second best option was getting him at a $6.333 hit, even if it was a month into the season, as opposed to just offering $6.5 to have him there from the start.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Kipper used to come to some beer league games with my old boss, such a great guy!

In fact, he supplied my mom and dad with rail tickets, right on the ice for a Bruins and Leafs game. My dad had never seen a live NHL game, so I thought that was a super class move.

P.S. My mom is a Leaf fan and my dad is a Bruins fan lol Leafs won in a shootout
Your story made me feel good!

Reactions: DanM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad