The Nylander Chronicles Part XI - Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 300185

Wait so you are at least 50 years old and being so petty you hope we win a cup as long as nylander is watching from Sweden? I’d suggest you haven’t achieved all you need to in life you are very petty
Do me a favour and stop calling me petty? It is so wrong, and you dont know me. I volunteer my time to various organizations and just got recognized in a local paper here for volunteering my time. During the winter months, November and December I do renovations for the elderly and dont charge a dime and I get Home Hardware to flip the bill for any materials needed. Last year, we helped over 300 people. Sure they are mostly little things like fixing drafts windows and doors. Not petty my friend, just outspoken.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Dubas will just wait til dec 1st and hopefully before then we will acquire a RHD in a sign and trade.

So a team, in the middle of their season, will trade a current roster player (of significance) for a player that hasn’t played in 2 months?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I know it can suck as I had an overbearing dad (I left home at 18) but eventually you have to grow up and be your own man.

Ok and this is his first time doing this, so essentially you are saying ignore them before he can learn that this is the wrong way to do this. His dad went through this he has no reason the beleive his dad is steering him wrong until he learns he is. As of right now he would just be ignoring his dad for the sack of it

member 300185

Not Hampus Lindholm, not Johnny Gaudreau, not Torey Krug, not Alexei Yashin, not David Pastrnak, not Richard Rakell, not Ryan Johansen, not Jamie Benn, not Kyle Turris, not Ryan O'Reilly, not PK Subban.

Only Willy.
Not sure what you are getting at. They are all 100% cause and effect. Can I ask you a personal question without starting another negative debate? What is your highest education level. And I am asking that sincerely.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I recall reading that or a similar article about how a player can lessen taxes when signing for a Canadian team. I'm pretty sure the article suggested the player would have to purchase a full time home in a non-state tax to make it work.

There was an article about Phil Kessel, when he played with the Leafs, paying far less in Canadian/Ontario taxes because he was an American citizen with a full time home in Florida.

I wish a tax expert (without an agenda) would publish actual facts about the tax implications.

yea I tried finding the article couldn't find it. I think either toronto star or globe and mail ran the story right after Tavares signed. Oh well.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Do me a favour and stop calling me petty? It is so wrong, and you dont know me. I volunteer my time to various organizations and just got recognized in a local paper here for volunteering my time. During the winter months, November and December I do renovations for the elderly and dont charge a dime and I get Home Hardware to flip the bill for any materials needed. Last year, we helped over 300 people. Sure they are mostly little things like fixing drafts windows and doors. Not petty my friend, just outspoken.

That’s all great stuff, genuinely happy to hear people doing this kind of stuff. You deserve your recognition for your social conscience

In saying that wanting the team to win a cup while nylander is watching from Sweden is petty that’s all it is nothing more than that. If we win a cup I don’t care what any player is doing except the 23 players on the roster or how ever many we need to use.

Reactions: my name is Bob

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Is Nylander the number 2 guy on the team?

He apparently wants 8.2 million. That puts him up there under Tavares.

Is he really that important to TOR. I don't think so. Some people put Andersen, Kadri, and Gardiner ahead of Nylander in the Most Important Leaf List. So how in the heck is Nylander going to get over what TOR are offering? He'll never get it and he'll have to go elsewhere to be that guy (with that salary).

kb

Aug 28, 2009
You may not be, but that comment certainly was petty.

And kudos on the rest - the world needs more people like you. :thumbu:

great

Apr 14, 2018
Wow reading this board, I was hurt first, but now I remember how funny hfboards can be. It is entertaining.

member 300185

That’s all great stuff, genuinely happy to hear people doing this kind of stuff. You deserve your recognition for your social conscience

In saying that wanting the team to win a cup while nylander is watching from Sweden is petty that’s all it is nothing more than that. If we win a cup I don’t care what any player is doing except the 23 players on the roster or how ever many we need to use.
Thank you, and when you put it like that, it does in fact sound a tad petty. I will remove it.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Nylander is a tremendous player and he is well within his right to want to make top dollar. He is a restricted free agent, not a slave. I don't like that he's not signed, and I don't like that he (allegedly) wants 8 a year, but I don't blame him and begrudgingly applaud the actions of a young man who knows that hockey is a business. He doesn't owe the franchise anything.

That being said, if he can't be signed under 7 a year, the Leafs have to trade him. Preferably for a defenseman obviously. And even if that defenseman is making 7 million, it's just smarter spending than giving that kind of money to a winger who isn't even among the top 5 most important players on the team going forward.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He wants to be a well paid Centre.

Those jobs are filled on the Leafs.

Any evidence he's demanding he plays center? Why shouldn't he be well paid? Do you think he should take below market value, and if so why?

I know it can suck as I had an overbearing dad (I left home at 18) but eventually you have to grow up and be your own man.

Easier said than done especially if your dealing with an overbearing father and an agent getting in your ear in an advisory role

That stuff tends to get easier and your much more aware of your role as a power broker as you get older

member 300185

Is he really that important to TOR. I don't think so. Some people put Andersen, Kadri, and Gardiner ahead of Nylander in the Most Important Leaf List. So how in the heck is Nylander going to get over what TOR are offering? He'll never get it and he'll have to go elsewhere to be that guy (with that salary).
Agreed. I think the depth chart has Nylander somewhere around the middle. I put this players ahead of Nylander. Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Kadri, Rielly, Dermott, and possibly Gardiner.

member 300185

I figured out yours too.
Doubt it.

Awe heck, I will tell you. I majored in philosophy, and minored in Social Sciences....in Germany. I also took a sub-minor in Languages, including teaching brail and sign language.

Do you know how much money I made from those degrees? Nadda.

Joined the military and did construction on the side, then full time construction for the last 20 years.

Reactions: kb

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
So a team, in the middle of their season, will trade a current roster player (of significance) for a player that hasn’t played in 2 months?

Don't go there Pookie, I've been tilting at that particular windmill for awhile now, it makes no sense for anybody involved

Us or the team trading for him

Reactions: Menzinger

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Right firstly I don’t beleive he deserves close to $8.2m (where did you get that number anyway) but is Malkin #1 on the pens? Or is Crosby? The thing with contracts is it depends on when they are signed . So let’s say hypothetically nylander gets $8.2m he will be the 2 land highest paid player for maybe 12 months then he’d be 4th highest

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I don't know. Why do the Nylander Fan Clubbers take it personally?
Both sides do. The player bashing comes from one side. I'm neutral because I don't think bashing is constructive or warranted for any reason (I can vote with my wallet), but I do think the comparables and contract is plain for all to see. And in no way does it start with a 7.

Reactions: dsred

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Ok and this is his first time doing this, so essentially you are saying ignore them before he can learn that this is the wrong way to do this. His dad went through this he has no reason the beleive his dad is steering him wrong until he learns he is. As of right now he would just be ignoring his dad for the sack of it
Michael Nylander might not be the ideal role model if there was a course on "How to Conduct a Model NHL Career".

Jus' sayin'.

Reactions: kb

member 300185

I guess that is why I have a hard time with prissy millionaire athletes. We have a serious problem in this country. I have seen hundreds of elderly people who can barely feed themselves and cant go to home because they cant afford it. They are trying to die with some dignity in their own homes, while the county is sending them pink slips and tell them to pay their back taxes or get out. Then the Nylanders come along and contract negotiations make me ill when I see how greedy they are.

Oops, got a tad side tracked here.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Both sides do. The player bashing comes from one side. I'm neutral because I don't think bashing is constructive or warranted for any reason (I can vote with my wallet), but I do think the comparables and contract is plain for all to see. And in no way does it start with a 7.
I think we disagree on the definition of "bashing". There are very few "bashers" here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad