The Nylander Chronicles Part XI - Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 300185

This is completely incorrect. Did you happen to watch Matthews line at 5 on 5? They got owned by the Habs's nobodies. Owned. Like 29% corsi or something. He had one goal on the PP and one goal at 3 on 3.
Right, how was his playoffs? Nylander was the one hiding in the corner.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
We yieldedyAndersen and Kapanen from that trade. "Good trade."

Really Kappy has done nothing and they would have just paid something else for Andy and still got him. The club deserves no credit, except they ended up with Matthews so by ineptitude they succeeded more than they could have ever hoped. Imagine them with Puljujaarvi instead which even an average Kessel season would have netted . Oilers fans were talking about the blown #1 pick for Yak (which almost any club would have made) and how their crappy drafting ended up with McDavid. Bad at the right time resul;ts in good, but it doesn't mean you weren't doing a poor job.

Now if Kappy actually becomes an effective 50pt NHL player it becomes a good trade, not just a lucky one.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
he has no leverage.

That's untrue

He hasn't got much but he has some, I seriously doubt Leafs management want to re-up Matthews, Marner and Nylander in one off-season and this team could challenge for a cup this year, Nylander would certainly help that

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Ah, the old 7 game sample size above all else. In which he got 4 points in the last 5 games, but let's ignore that.

It's a playoff societal thing.

Reactions: Pookie

member 300185

How the hell can you turn this into a societal thing? Your views on society may not match mine. They are unique to each individual.
How people view society is personal. Social indexes are completely indifferent. As society changes, it is still cause and effect my friend. That is societal buffering. Social studies, (not grade 4), is university 101.

For each social interaction and change, that effect is also felt for each individual as it pertains to their own interactions with society. Guess who wrote that? I will give you a guess....it wasn't me.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I dont think so. I have achieved all I need to in my life. I am retired. So now it comes down to outside dreams. Hoisting a cup is now in my top 5.

:)

So will it be tainted if Nylander ultimately is a part of it?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
How people view society is personal. Social indexes are completely indifferent. As society changes, it is still cause and effect my friend. That is societal buffering. Social studies, (not grade 4), is university 101.

For each social interaction and change, that effect is also felt for each individual as it pertains to their own interactions with society. Guess who wrote that? I will give you a guess....it wasn't me.
Which has nothing to do with Nylander negotiating a contract with his hockey team.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

I was told he wouldn’t go into the corner? Now you are saying he wouldn’t leave it?. All you posters shittingnon him for one 7 game series should get together and decide which is which

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
thats a big divergence. Here is an example for Tavares:

and here is another example why the tax divergence is over stated

Also I tried to find an article where Tavares' agent in an interview said that there are ways where tax laws are not fully applied and it can be made such that taxes in toronto are the same as taxes in florida or nashville/dallas

I recall reading that or a similar article about how a player can lessen taxes when signing for a Canadian team. I'm pretty sure the article suggested the player would have to purchase a full time home in a non-state tax to make it work.

There was an article about Phil Kessel, when he played with the Leafs, paying far less in Canadian/Ontario taxes because he was an American citizen with a full time home in Florida.

I wish a tax expert (without an agenda) would publish actual facts about the tax implications.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I dont think so. I have achieved all I need to in my life. I am retired. So now it comes down to outside dreams. Hoisting a cup is now in my top 5.

Wait so you are at least 50 years old and being so petty you hope we win a cup as long as nylander is watching from Sweden? I’d suggest you haven’t achieved all you need to in life you are very petty

member 300185

I was told he wouldn’t go into the corner? Now you are saying he wouldn’t leave it?. All you posters ****tingnon him for one 7 game series should get together and decide which is which
Are you serious? The whole world seen him play soft. The corner thing is a joke. Nylander, like many others have said, is soft and was afraid at times.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
He's a kid getting advice from "professionals" about a process he knows very little about and probably doesn't want to wade into

I've been in his situation before during my rugby career (at a lower level) and it's not easy getting agents and parents under control when your in your early 20's and have relied on them for advice over your career to that point
I know it can suck as I had an overbearing dad (I left home at 18) but eventually you have to grow up and be your own man.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Completely agree. You got it.
Not Hampus Lindholm, not Johnny Gaudreau, not Torey Krug, not Alexei Yashin, not David Pastrnak, not Richard Rakell, not Ryan Johansen, not Jamie Benn, not Kyle Turris, not Ryan O'Reilly, not PK Subban.

Only Willy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad