GDT: The Note vs the Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Yes! 2 points! Ugly game for sure, but 4 in a row.

Atta boy Jake!!

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Yay we won.

That last minute in OT was such a hose job by the refs.

No goal that should have been a goal.

Very close offside call that I'd need to see again.

Faceoff not at the Canes blue line, but rather ours?

Such bad officiating is... Well, common, but still bad.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
great job by Allen today. Probably should have won in regulation but like Pang said, 2 pts is 2 pts

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Jonathon Quick has allowed all three shots past him that he's seen thus far. Down 3-0 early in the first against the Jets. They'll still find a way to win :laugh:

Well he's got to have those, because true starters don't have games or even stretches like that. Quick hasn't been to great on the road this year.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues should beat Carolina at home when healthy. But, they got the 2 points, and Allen got the confidence from pitching a shutout in the shootout. So, it's good.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
But he's won a cup, don't goalies that win cups always make the big saves?

True starters do, apparently Quick is just a really good backup too, instead of a legit starter. Took several years, but we finally got that straightened out lol.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yah, somebody sayed already, but how calm Allen was SO was astonishing. Feel bad a little bit Elliott how team was sloppy in 1st period, but great efford by Allen when he got change to shine and stand up.

Like we see now, guys cannot come home ice with 50% performance, but overally I liked how we gear up and really showed how we can play when we are down by 2 goals.

Future match coaching stuff need to put streight Stastny with Schwartz and Tarasenko. Lehterä is now facing some slump, mainly his skating is terrible, but you can see like this OT, how he still can create great scoring changes too bad they overruled that Jbo goal.

OT: Why on earth they f up nhl.com boxscore, annoying video starts to play when try to look players stats etc. I hate it and I know its 'old' thing, but still gets me mad.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Just watched the game (I set the DVR).

Was it amateur hour at FSMW?

First they had a graphic saying Tarasenko bobble head night was Thursday March 17th instead of March 12. The 17th isn't even a Thursday.

Then they had Brian Elliott's numbers up before the shootout when they should have had Allen's numbers up because Elliott was sitting on the bench so it doesn't matter what his numbers are as far as tonight's shootout is concerned.

And finally at the end of the game they had the final score of 6 to 4.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Good game, was fun to watch.

Maybe one day I can make a thread about their success and word it properly so no one's feelings get hurt or anxieties increase. Until then, they shall never be mentioned on HF by the likes of me. Sorry.

Last edited:

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Full shootout 5-4

Someday maybe you guys will figure out that chest-thumping is a healthy endeavor. To be confident and not cocky will only help.

Proven. Being a depressed nothing-at-all is a major mistake. Have some ****ing faith. I made a confident thread on the main board. Get over it, they deserve it. They will never win the Cup we all want with the majority of you crying about success or the repercussions of it. You either want it or you dont, grow a pair and get it. Or just complain about the idea of defeat once again.

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012
Whether they win the cup or not has absolutely nothing to do with what is said or isn't said on HFBoards.

To your point: this is a forum for what should be intelligent analysis of NHL teams' performances, not a cheerleading squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad